InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,441 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Apr 4, 2022 12m read
Store Mindmaps using Globals

Globals are the core of the InterSystems IRIS for data persistence. It is flexible, allowing store JSON documents, relational data, object oriented data, OLAP cubes and custom data models, like Mindmaps. To see how to store, delete and get mindmap data using globals, follow these steps:

1. Clone/git pull the repo into any local directory

5 2
1 364

Hello,
I'm currently working on a custom version control implementation.
I'd like to show differences between a copy of a previously saved routine as a merge of the ^ROUTINE Global and the current version of that same routine.

I've found legacy Documentation for %RCMP which does the trick in the terminal but I'd like a similar result stored inside a variable.
I also want to show differences, not only see if they are the same or not.

The management portal has that exact feature, so maybe someone can direct me to the function that is being used there.

0 19
0 686

I am new to Intersystems, in our project we are directly connecting to the server (environment) using Intersystems VSCode extensions and publishing our changes from local machine. This is not the way we usually do as development process.

Is it possible to implement continuous integration ? So that developers can check-in their code in GIT Hub and can integrate Jenkins and automate the deployment?

Could you please help me on this ?

0 3
0 325
Article
· Jan 24, 2022 1m read
GlobalToJSON-Compact

I have created a package that offers a utility to load a Global into JSON object and reverse
to create a Global from this type of JSON object. Compact refers to the structure created.
Globals nodes are included with data for a fast data load.
But also the related code is quite compact.

5 3
0 327

I will devote the third article to a story about the additional features of the project.

znamespace

Very often you need to find out if there is a specific package in the current instance, for example, so as not to duplicate.
To do this, I implemented a modification of the namespace command of the package manager, on the option tab, you need to press the FIND button.

0 0
0 151
Question
· Apr 6, 2022
tablePane row selection

Hi Guys,

I've the below tablePane and for some reason when it's populated always the last row is selected by default, I've many tablePanes defined the same way but none of them has the last row selected when populate, so not sure why this grid is doing this?

0 3
0 226

Hi!

I'd like to know if there are any issues if an index is inserted into a table without running the %BuildIndices() method.

It's important to note that data inserted before the index is not important for retrieval, so it's not a problem data inserted before the index don't show up in queries.

The reason why I'm asking this is that I'd like to avoid index reconstruction on big tables which I need to inser such index.

I'm using Cache 2018.1.

Thanks,

José

0 8
0 285

Register for our free NLP webinar to learn how to accelerate your data interpretation workflow.

Key learnings from the webinar:

✔️How we connect OMICs layers and text in your research,

✔️How to link your data to multiple knowledge domains using a single simple notebook,

✔️How our API Functions and digital notebooks can support your NLP and OMICs data interpretation to extend your workflows,

2 0
0 421

We have a stored procedure with one input parameter and one input/output parameter.

declare @hl7message nvarchar(max) = 'Pass the hl7 message here',
@output nvarchar(max);

EXEC sp_InsertHl7 @hl7message, @outputresult = @output OUTPUT;
print @output;

@output value will be "Pass" or "Fail"

Below code is inserting the HL7 successfully into the target DB, but not returning the output value as expected.

0 3
0 463

Hello,

I am new to this forum. So please let me know if this is not the place to post these questions.

I have heard from some previous Intersystems presentations that FHIR profile validation before posting to FHIR server (using $validate) would be available in IRIS for Health. How do I confirm if this functionality is available and if so, on which version of IRIS?

Thanks

0 1
0 260

Hey Developers,

Good news! One more upcoming in-person event is nearby.

We're pleased to invite you to join "J On The Beach", an international rendezvous for developers and DevOps around Big Data technologies. A fun conference to learn and share the latest experiences, tips & tricks related to Big Data technologies, and, the most important part, it’s On The Beach!

🗓 April 27-29, 2022

📍Málaga, Spain

This year, InterSystems is a Gold Sponsor of the JOTB.

We're more than happy to invite you and your colleagues to our InterSystems booth for a personal conversation. As always, there will be some surprises on it... 😁

2 0
0 395

Hello,

Recently I have been tinkering with VSCode and ObjectScript extension to connect to my dockerized IRIS instance. I have configured the instance to use Apache as a Web Gateway as per instructions and it has been working well. Currently I'm using a self-signed certificate for the SSL part of the connection. The browser nags about insecure certs when connecting to Management Portal but that's expected.

However when I try to connect to the instance with VSCode it simply fails with the following error message

0 8
0 592