Tech Article Contest: InterSystems IRIS Tutorials
After the last heated programming contest, we're happy to announce the next InterSystems technical article writing competition!
✍️ Tech Article Contest: InterSystems IRIS Tutorials ✍️
Write an article that can be considered a tutorial for InterSystems IRIS programmers of any level: beginner / middle / senior from March 1st to March 31st.
🎁 Prizes for everyone: A special prize pack for each author who takes part in the competition!
🏆 Main Prizes: There are 6 prizes to choose from.
1. Everyone is a winner in InterSystems Tech Article Contest! Any member who writes an article during the competition period will receive special prizes:
🎁 Branded Organic Canvas Tote Bag
🎁 Moleskine Lined Notebook
2. Expert Awards – articles will be judged by InterSystems experts:
🥇 1st place: Mars Pro Bluetooth speakers / AirPods Max
🥈 2nd place: Apple AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case / JBL Pulse 4 Light Show Speaker
🥉 3rd place: Magic Keyboard Folio for iPad / Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth Speaker
Or as an alternative, any winner can choose a prize from a lower prize tier than his own.
3. Developer Community Award – article with the most likes. The winner will have the option to choose one of the following prizes:
🎁 Magic Keyboard Folio for iPad
🎁 Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth Speaker
- The author can only be awarded once per category (in total the author will win 2 prizes: one for Expert and one for the Community)
- In the event of a tie, the number of votes of the experts for the tied articles will be considered as a tie-breaking criterion.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees. Create an account!
📝 March 1st - March 31st: Publication of articles and voting time.
Publish an article(s) throughout this period. DC members can vote for published articles with Likes – votes in the Community award.
Note: The sooner you publish the article(s), the more time you will have to collect both Expert & Community votes.
What are the requirements?
❗️ Any article written during the contest period and satisfying the requirements below will automatically* enter the competition:
- The article must be a tutorial** on the InterSystems IRIS topic. It can be either for beginners, middle or senior developers.
- The article must be in English (incl. inserting code, screenshots, etc.).
- The article must be 100% new (it can be a continuation of an existing article).
- The article cannot be a translation of an article already published in other communities.
- The article should contain only correct and reliable information about InterSystems technology.
- The article has to contain the Tutorial tag.
- Article size: 400 words minimum (links and code are not counted towards the word limit).
- Max 3 entries from the same author are allowed.
- Articles on the same topic but with dissimilar examples from different authors are allowed.
* Articles will be moderated by our experts. Only valid content will be eligible to enter the contest.
** Tutorials provide step-by-step instructions that a developer can follow to complete a specific task or set of tasks.
🎯 EXTRA BONUSES
This time we decided to add additional bonuses that will help you to win the prize! Please welcome:
If your article is on the topic from the list of the proposed topics (listed below), you will receive a bonus of 5 Expert votes (vs 1st place selected by an Expert = 3 votes).
Format of the presentation of the content of the article: besides publishing the article make an explanatory video.
Article with the most useful discussion, as decided by InterSystems experts. Only 1 article will get this bonus.
Publish a translation of your article on any of the regional Communities. Learn more.
Note: Only 1 vote per article.
New member bonus
If you haven't participated in the previous contests, your article(s) will get 3 Expert votes.
Here's a list of proposed topics that will give your article extra bonuses:
✔️ Working with IRIS from C#
✔️ Working with IRIS from Java
✔️ Working with IRIS from Python
✔️ Using Embedded Python
✔️ Using Python API
✔️ Using Embedded SQL
✔️ Using ODBC/JDBC
✔️ Working with %Query/%SQLQuery
✔️ Using indexes
✔️ Using triggers
✔️ Using JSON
✔️ Using XML
✔️ Using REST
✔️ Using containers
✔️ Using kubernetes
Note: Articles on the same topic from different authors are allowed.
➡️ Join InterSystems Discord to chat about the rules, topics & bonuses.
It's time to show off your writing skills! Good luck ✨
Important note: Delivery of prizes varies by country and may not be possible for some of them. A list of countries with restrictions can be requested from @Liubka Zelenskaia