InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,537 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Sep 11, 2020
Automatic Watch variables

I come from Visual Studio and now I use mostly Cache 2017 Studio. One debugging functionality I miss dearly is current local variables automatically appearing in the Watch Variables window together with their values. Yes, I can hover or type them myself but both actions take extra time which is especially noticeable when debugging unfamiliar code across many routines. Any Cache settings or plugins to that effect? If not then why not? And if nothing else is there in Cache, what are the alternatives or hacks in this respect?

Anna

0 12
0 303

Hi Community!

Join us for another InterSystems Brazil virtual event, this time in partnership with Shift. The topic of discussion led by Marcelo Lorencin on September 16 will be: "InterSystems IRIS for notification of Covid-19's test results for the Ministry of Health".

Please register now with the link below, vacancies are limited:

InterSystems IRIS for notification of Covid-19's test results for the Ministry of Health

Date & Time: September 16 – 11:00 BRT

Note: The language of the webcast is Portuguese.

Join us!

2 0
0 176
Article
· Sep 14, 2020 3m read
IRIS Native API for ObjectScript

It seems to me that for some reason this didn't make its way to the official documentation
and seems to be rather unknown though implemented already in IRIS 2020.1

Thanks to @Dan Pasco I got a hint on the classes involved.
I used the recommended sequence of how to use it.
it is all directly taken from Class Reference and I just collected it to create a first overview.

11 1
2 621
Question
· Aug 21, 2020
IRIS SQL Linked Table

Hi everyone

Anyone knows how can we add a column to an existing linked table in Cache to reflect the external SQL table?

I've tried different queries. It does not fail but does not add the column either...

0 4
0 389

Hello Developer Community!

I’m pleased to announce the 0.9 release of the ObjectScript extension for Visual Studio Code. Earlier this year I announced that InterSystems would be joining the community in evolving this already popular tool. Since then, we have been hard at work solidifying the code base and building a slew of new features.

11 10
2 758

Common macro def as following

#def AnyNumber(%args) for i=1:1:$listlength(%args) { Write $listget(%args, i)}

Using this marcro in objectscript code:

ClassMethod Test() as %Status {

$$$AnyNumber($lb(1,2,3))

}

if ths args is literal value , Iit worked great. But When I want pass Objects, It's not working

$$$AnyNumber($lb(##class(someClass).%New()))

I know I can pass a %ListObjects , If I want more shorter Line. How can I do this.

Tks

0 1
0 197

Hi i have rules and i want to log them to analyse what rules executed , I want to add in the log Msg Controller Id, MRN, Value coming in the message, and my customize text telling whats wrong with this field... i have like 50 rules and at the end i can check the log table and found like 20 entries so it means 20 data issues are there for a given message control id. any advice how to to do it

0 3
0 215

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new Global Summit 2019 video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Building Data-Driven Web Apps

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sLq2NRf0xq4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 7
0 484

I'm looking for any reference documents on migrating about 3 TB of data from DB2 to IS IRIS Healthshare.. I've looked through the IS documentation and SQL gateway, or TSQL are some of the methodologies mentioned , was wondering if anyone had done this type of migration before, and can provide any pointers.

0 1
0 245

I put a html file into ensemble dir ,it's encoding is utf-8.

But when I access this file througn browser, It show incorrectly

I checked http response header, It content-type charset is GB18030 So that's reason

How to change the charset to UTF-8?

Tks.

0 2
0 290

Hi

We have several rules in router to validate HL7 messages, each rule check a particular field in HL7 message and send back response. We want to run all rules and combine the rules responses into some variable/object and at the end if variable/object is empty it means message is valid, else send the value from this variable/object. This way one message we dont run it again and again, and we can send one message and response will give us combine results from all rules.

For example,

Rule 1 - Check MSH.12 field, Send response "MSH.12 value not valid", and RETURN

0 3
0 262

Hi Community!

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Use Case: Connecting Devices to IRIS for Health to Improve Patient Care

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8ZtXCHZ6oaM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 163

Hello fellow comrades.

I have a little issue concerning the creation of an embedded PDF sent by hl7. When I Extract it, the pdf is not completed (Seen by opening it with notepad++) compared to the one I created with a Base 64 converter.

0 3
0 704
Question
· Sep 9, 2020
Build Python bind

I'm testing with an application I'm writing in python.
But I noticed that the pythonbind3 library will only work on the same machine where the cache is running. Is there really such a dependency?

I'm trying to run the examples that are in the / dev / python / samples3 folder, but they only work if I set "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" with the path to the cache installation folder.

But... I have this error when LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty:

0 1
0 333

The Eclipse environment persists perspective data to enable layout customization and other features. Sometimes when this data becomes out of date, Eclipse fails to clear references to it. For example, upgrading a plug-in can leave behind data about an earlier version of that plug-in. This mechanism applies to all Eclipse plug-ins and is not unique to the Atelier plug-in.

In light of this: You may find that after upgrading from Atelier 1.1 to 1.2, your Atelier perspective looks something like:

5 2
0 863

Is Cache the preferred database source for extracting data elements for use in Health Share Patient Index or is there a significant benefit in sourcing data from a warehouse, data mart, or MV? I realize that could be a loaded question with 100 other questions that may follow, however, if there is a known advantage to extracting data from a particular data storage type, the answer may highlight that point.

0 1
0 526

The Great Outdoors campaign is running on Global Masters and we invite you to join!

The main goal of this campaign is to drive answers for unanswered questions on DC so all the members get the answers they need. Your knowledge is so important for the community. It's time to share your expertise!

Complete all 7 challenges of this campaign till September 15, 2020 to enter a raffle to win a $50 VISA Card*!

Also, you can participate even if you are not a Global Masters participant - read below how:

2 2
0 134