Hello,

In my project, I am calling a store proc on third party database. I am using SQL Gateway and ODBC. Everything is working fine until the store proc changed.  In store proc they have changed the return alias name for a column. In Ensemble Snapshot I am not seeing the modified alias name until I restarted the whole Healthshare instance.

Here is my question, is there any other way? We do not want  to take the instance down if it happens after we go live.

Thanks

Raghu

Last answer 21 April 2016
0 1

comments

views

rating

Hello community!

Heretofore is announced a new project which aims at providing a usable library for both running unit tests and collecting code coverage information at the same time:

https://github.com/litesolutions/cache-utcov

I shamelessly admit that this is my first project written in ObjectScript; the only source file right now barely loads a %Studio.Project instance on a given namespace and fails ungracefully on failure (it HALTs; meh); and even on success it will not even list the items correctly... Well, that's part of the learning curve.

This project is of course not "innocent": for CachéQuality, we want that information (the result of unit tests and coverage information). But we believe that it is in the interest of a lot of people that a package exists which provides such information in as generic a way as possible

Last comment 21 April 2016
0 5

views

rating

I have a Cache classes with %TimeStamp (e.g. 2016-04-18 12:29:11) and %Date (eg. 64027) properties. And I have a javascript client app, which needs full CRUD over this properties.

But in javascript date/time are defined by ISO8601 (e.g. timestamp 2016-04-18T12:29:11Z, date 2016-04-18).

Last answer 20 April 2016
0 3

comments

views

+ 5

rating

We are trying to create a simple class extending %RegisteredObject that could be used as a singleton. However we are not able to store it in a global to later be retrieved (by the same process but elsewhere in the code).

I resumed my issue in this small code sample :

Last answer 19 April 2016 Last comment 20 April 2016
0 1

views

+ 1

rating

Does Caché support SQL CREATE SEQUENCE as in PostgreSQL?

If not, what would be the best alternative? Create my own sequence logic as the example bellow? 

Class Util.MySequence Extends %Persistent [ ClassType = persistent, ProcedureBlock ]
{

Property dummy As %String;

Property myvalue As %Integer [ Calculated, SqlComputeCode = { Set 
{myvalue}=##class(Util.MySequence).CurrentValue()}, SqlComputed ];

ClassMethod CurrentValue() As %Integer
{
        s x=$I(^MySequence)
	Quit x
}

Method myvalueGet() As %Integer [ CodeMode = expression ]
{
..CurrentValue()
}

}

Thanks.

Last answer 19 April 2016 Last comment 19 April 2016
0 1

views

rating

Greetings.

I'm currently struggling with launching a routine from the command prompt using ccontrol.

Basically I have a routine with a parameter which works fine using the following:
ccontrol cterminal ^ANDYTST(\"c:\temp\\\") USER

This receives c:\temp\ then in the routine.
However, when there is a space inside the parameter it assumes that it receives a script.

I can still run it using ccontrol terminal, but that then tells me the argument is invalid.

Therefore, is there something like a placeholder for whitespaces?
And, is it possible to hand it the credentials?

Or is there a better way to launch a routine from an external script?
I could do it via a TcpClient and telnet but that's a bit clumsy and I'd prefer not to go down that route.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Last answer 13 April 2016 Last comment 19 April 2016
0 1

views

rating

Hi!

In every Atelier project you can find following hidden files:

.buildpath

.version

.connection

.project.

Should I include all of them into commit?

I understand that .project is mandatory. But what about the rest? Is there any general rule?

F.e. if we work in team and everybody has their own connection on locale machine .connection should not be included. Yes?

Last answer 19 April 2016
0 0

comments

views

+ 1

rating

Hi!

Please find all the source code Global Summit 2016 Sessions and Experiences in following GitHub repositories:

Codes are in UDL form which is native to Atelier IDE.

Here is small guide how you can check out this project into your Atelier:

Let's see how to load code directly from GitHub URI. 

Open Atelier. Go to File -> Import -> Git -> Clone URI

Last comment 19 April 2016
0 3

views

+ 4

rating

Hello,

For CachéQuality I'd love to be able to create issues when the programmer uses classes which are deprecated for this or that version of Caché... But short of reading all the changelogs of all versions, I can't really tell when a command appeared (for instance RETURN; I know now that it appeared in 2014.x, but it took me some time to realize that), or when a (set of) class(es) became deprecated (for instance %GlobalCharacterStream to be replaced with %Stream.GlobalCharacter -- I don't even know since which version this is true :/).

Is there an existing source which I am missing?

Last answer 18 April 2016
0 1

comments

views

+ 2

rating

Hello,

I hereby announce the creation of an IRC channel dedicated to Caché development:

* network: FreeNode (connect to server: irc.freenode.net)

* channel: ##cos (yes, two hashes).

Topic is anything related to Caché development in spite of the name (and the fact that of Caché development I only really know about COS anyway), so sorry in advance for the restrictive channel name :)

Waiting for you here! (my nick is idletask on freenode)

Side note: that would be a good opportunity to launch a project of an IRC bot in COS... My current skills however would make that project not come to fruition before at least two months :p

0 1

comments

views

+ 3

rating

I am happy to share the news that Zen Mojo 1.1.1 has been released. This release includes many improvements and bugfixes, the most important are:

• Multiple improvements for the offline bundle generation, e.g. subfolders are correctly copied to the target folder
  • Optimizations for the dojo library, including a reduced load time by prepackaging required widgets into a single JS file
  • The utility functions $show and $hide are now supported by the dojo and chart.js plugin
  • Zen Mojo now stops event propagation by default. The default behavior can be overridden by the return value of the corresponding event handlers in the template

All upcoming Caché and Ensemble releases will ship with Zen Mojo 1.1.1.

You can download Zen Mojo kits from the WRC distribution page: https://wrc.intersystems.com/wrc/Distribution.csp

0 1

comments

views

+ 1

rating

Presenter: Dan Kutac
Task: Use a common login identity and a central mechanism of authentication across environments from multiple entities
Approach: Provide examples and code samples of an application environment using OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0

Description: In this session we will demonstrate an application environment using OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0. Hear how this is done and what options you have; and yes, you get to keep the code.

Problem: How to use a a common login identity (e.g. Facebook credentials) and a central mechanism of authorization cross environments from multiple entities.

Solution: Create awareness and interest in using OAuth 2.0

Content related to this session, including slides, video and additional learning content can be found here.

Last comment 15 April 2016
0 2

views

rating

During a fine breakfast at Global Summit 2016 I was asked about the %DEFAULTDB database that now appears when creating the %ALL namespace. Until the documentation on "Mapping a Package Across Multiple Namespaces"  is updated to include the use of subscript level mapping for all namespaces here is a brief explanation for this change in 2016.1: When creating a global subscript level mapping in the %ALL namespace the database that was used for the non-subscripted global could not be set to be the default database for each namespace. This behavior prevents using %ALL namespace to help manage subscript level mappings that are configured on all namespaces.

Last answer 12 April 2016 Last comment 15 April 2016
0 2

views

+ 1

rating

Hello everyone,

I have discussed extensively with Andrew Cheshire, the author of the Atelier parser (which I'll be able to hack on and reuse for CachéQuality -- yay!), and while we were at it, we also discussed code coverage.

We ended up talking about the ZBREAK command and its /TRACE option.

It appears that combining this command and the unit test runner, we can indeed do code coverage (Andrew also told me about a way to map "back" routine lines to original lines in the source code).

So, according to the information above and this page, a sequence of possible command would be (provided we are in the correct namespace)

Last answer 14 April 2016 Last comment 14 April 2016
0 2

views

+ 2

rating

Presenter: Danny Wijnschenk
Task: Help people make better decisions by letting application deal with all the data.
Approach: As an example, we’ll extend a demo asset management application for portfolio and trade compliance, using iKnow technology to translate agreements into rules that ensure portfolio compliance prior to trade execution.

In this session, we’ll discuss how easy it is to extend a classic application that deals with straightforward transactions, to also offer insights and actions based on more complex, unstructured data. We’ll present a use case on portfolio compliance from the financial services industry.

Content related to this session, including slides, video and additional learning content can be found here.

Last comment 14 April 2016
0 3

views

rating

Presenter: Rich Taylor
Task: Use an LDAP schema that differs from the provided default
Approach: Give examples of customized LDAP schema development, using LDAP APIs and ZAUTHORIZE

In this session we explore the various options of for working with LDAP as an authentication and authorization framework. We will look beyond the simple LDAP schemas into working with more complex LDAP configurations that incorporate application level security information.

0 3

views

rating

Presenter: Andreas Dieckow
Task: Securely store sensitive information
Approach: Give examples of data-at-rest encryption and data element encryption

Description: In this session, InterSystems will showcase how to use API calls to programmatically do everything using your own scripts. This approach is highly effective if you have recipe based settings and configurations that you would like to roll out in a controlled and fast fashion.

Problem: Implement Security relevant information correctly and how. Examples are Credit Card information, Sensitive information (e.g. SSN, Classified Information)

Solution: Data-at-rest encryption and data element encryption

0 2

views

rating

Presenter: Andreas Dieckow
Task: Apply SQL security to multiple servers in a distributed system
Approach: Provide code samples for using new API calls to apply SQL security statements to multiple instances of our products

Description: The requirement that started at all. See examples on how to use this new feature and integrate it into your application by discuss code examples.

Problem: SQL Security is local to the instance and most of time driven by customer application code. That it is only local to the instance and is not automatically going to other instances requires a solution.

Solution: With application code use new API calls to issue SQL security statements that is applied to multiple instances.

0 2

views

rating

Presenter: Joe Gallant
Task: Create a good analytical data model
Approach: Discuss what makes a good analytical data model. Provide examples of using DeepSee’s APIs for building custom dimensions, measures, and KPIs

Data models are the foundation of effective analytics. This session focuses on the factors that make good analytics data models. 

0 2

views

rating

I interested on how others feel on this subject.  In general terms when you have a class that extends from %XML.Adaptor and you call XMLExport no validation is automatically done as part of the XMLExport process.  As an example if you do the following

SAMPLES>S tPatient=##Class(Sample.Person).%New()

SAMPLES>Set tPatient.Name="asdfghjklqwrrrrokkfkljbvkfbjflkbjflkbjblkjblkjdblkjblkcn l nn klkjdfkbjdlkbjlkbj"

SAMPLES>w tPatient.XMLExport(,",indent")
<Person>
  <Name>asdfghjklqwrrrrokkfkljbvkfbjflkbjflkbjblkjblkjdblkjblkcn l nn klkjdfkbjdlkbjlkbj</Name>
</Person>

Last answer 14 April 2016 Last comment 14 April 2016
0 1

views

+ 1

rating

Hi,

IHAC who is trying to connect Ensemble to Quadramed for HL7 messaging, however, it seems that in order to do this, the following is required:

"we open a passive connection to Quadramed and then listen for a connection request from Quadramed, once this is established we then send messages"

Has anyone done this before?  Is this possible with the standard HL7 components?

Thanks,

Steve.

Last answer 14 April 2016
0 1

comments

views

rating

Hello community!

Two new rules have been implemented:

OS0061: unsafe namespace switch

This rule detects when the body of a method contains two or more of the following statements:

• set $namespace = something, or
  • znspace something.

If this is the case, it then checks whether there is a new $namespace prior to those two declarations; if not, it raises a warning.

List of issues currently found here:

https://demo.cachequality.com/issues/search#severities=CRITICAL|rules=cachequality%3AOS0061|resolved=false

Last comment 11 April 2016
0 4

views

+ 2

rating