InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 20,030 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

InterSystems announces another developer preview release, as part of the developer preview program for the 2022.3. Many updates and enhancements have been added in 2022.3 and there are also brand new capabilities, such as the new FHIR SQL Builder, improvements for Columnar Storage, and support to Oracle Linux 9. Some of these features or improvements may not be available in this current developer preview.

1 9
0 492
InterSystems Official
· Jan 10, 2023
InterSystems Package Manager 0.5.2 release

We have just released a minor update to the package manager, which has been renamed from ZPM to IPM as I explained in November. It purely a bug fix release, properly interpreting ROBOCOPY return codes and fixing a regression that prevented installation of certain packages.

Get it here:

https://github.com/intersystems/ipm/releases/tag/v0.5.2

2 0
0 338

Hello!

I'm new to the system I'm working on, and I have a part of a statement that needs to grab the previous month.

....and MONTH(TX3.date_of_service)= MONTH(dateadd(mm,-1,GETDATE()))

However, when it hits January, I'm left with month 0.

Does anyone know a workaround to grab December of the previous year, while still functioning normally for the rest of the current year.

Thank you!

0 4
0 173
Article
· Jan 10, 2023 4m read
Columnar Storage in 2022.3

As you may well remember from Global Summit 2022 or the 2022.2 launch webinar, we're releasing an exciting new capability for including in your analytics solutions on InterSystems IRIS. Columnar Storage introduces an alternative way of storing your SQL table data that offers an order-of-magnitude speedup for analytical queries. First released as an experimental feature in 2022.2, the latest 2022.3 Developer Preview includes a bunch of updates we thought were worth a quick post here.

9 2
3 679

I am familiar with $TEXT which can get you any line in the current routine provided you know the offset. For example, $T(+1) will get you the first line of the current routine at the run time. In the same vein, how do I reference the current line number/offset at the run time? Something like $T(+$CURRENTLINENUMBER) where $CURRENTLINENUMBER is not yet known to me function. The sample below would write 3 as the line number.

RTNNAME
S A=1
W $CURRENTLINENUMBER

1 13
1 478

Hi Developers,

This December, you posted 60 new questions on the Developer Community:

Questions

200 Best Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone

0 0
0 192

Date range queries going too slow for you? SQL Performance got you down? I have one weird trick that might just help you out! (SQL Developers hate this!)*

If you have a class that records timestamps when the data is added, then that data will be in sequence with your IDKEY values - that is, TimeStamp1 < TimeStamp2 if and only if ID1 < ID2 for all IDs and TimeStamp values in table - then you can use this knowledge to increase performance for queries against TimeStamp ranges. Consider the following table:

18 9
1 29.8K

Has anybody tried to write custom code to empty out queues when Interoperability shuts down? We run IRIS in Kubernetes cluster and we have compute pods scaling up and down. We have Message Bank operation to keep all messages in one place. We want to see all messages in Message Bank.

1 3
0 259

Hi Community,

Watch this video to learn about InterSystems FHIR Server, the turnkey FHIR data solution that empowers FHIR application developers to focus on building life-changing healthcare applications:

⏯️ What is InterSystems FHIR Server

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YyZc8dK9_jM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 367
Article
· Dec 6, 2022 3m read
OCR DEMO

OCR DEMO

This is a demo of the OCR functionality of the pero-ocr library.

It used in the iris application server in python.

Demo

This is an example of input data :

input

This is the result of the OCR :

In this example you have the following information:

10 6
2 492
Hey Community,
Here is the 2022 Annual Dev Community Question Digest. Let's check out the most popular questions from InterSystems Developers!
General Stats
870 questions published in 2022
6,546 questions published all time
Most Popular
3 6
0 274
Hey Developers,
Don't miss the 2022 Annual Open Exchange App Digest. Let's meet the most popular applications and their developers.
General Stats:
166 new applications in 2022
6,874 downloads in 2022
508 developers joined in 2022
710 applications all time
22,497 downloads all time
1,964 developers joined all time

4 0
0 244

Hi,

I have a test version of Cache installed on my laptop, but I cannot get logged into the database. I think my ID may be locked due to too many password failure attempts. I have not changed the Admin password or SuperUser password. Does anyone know what the default password would be for the Admin and/or SuperUser Id's? Or if someone knows how I can get in and unlock/reset my password, it would be much appreciated??

Thanks,

Larry Cardinal

Happy New Year to all

0 6
0 328

We have a scenario where an ObjectScript-based production calls a lookup service (SOAP in C#) to get information used in a value-set mapping process. The results can be cached in an IRISTEMP global to prevent a network call for every value, but that can hang around for quite some time on production systems.

The next logical step would seem to be to encapsulate strategies (LRU, MRU, etc.) and eviction code into an ObjectScript class that can be reused (we are not in a position yet to leverage embedded Python).

0 2
0 221