InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,539 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I am trying to avoid parsing the SDA3 stream in each process. I am doing some section wise validation in different processes so i need to pass the SDA3 to each process.

When i pass that SDA3 stream that takes a lot of space in HD and takes a lot of time to parse the SDA3 object.

Is there any way that once i parse that SDA3 i can pass the same object to other processes, and i can save my storage and process that fast.

I cannot pass this by default to other process as non persistent object cannot be passed to another job(as per my finding).

0 1
0 238

I've faced a problem that happens while debugging a process in VSCode. It doesn't seem to matter if this is in a container, on my development VM, or against a locally installed version of IRIS. The problem seems to be mostly with X12 Documents.

So, in a debug session, I can dump out a value to the debug console and it loos correct. The same variable in VSCode appears to be some uninitialized memory location.

In the interactive debugger window:

0 4
0 283

I want to get Mirror Status and copy this report into a file for audit purposes.

I have a Linux servers for IRIS DB with this layout:
LIVETC01 Backup
LIVETC02 Primary
LIVEDR Async Copy
ARBITER

I understand that this will get me the mirror status
# sudo -u irisowner iris session LIVETC01
LIVETC01:USER>zn "%SYS"
LIVETC01:%SYS>do ^MIRROR

1) Mirror Status
2) Mirror Management
3) Mirror Configuration

Option? 1

0 6
0 328

Has anyone had any success reading barcodes from PDFs or images in a Cache/IRIS application? I've been looking at some possible solutions for this, including the open source ZXing libraries. I know we have the ability to create them in Zen and Intersystems Reports, but as far as I know, there's nothing built in to actually read data from a barcode. If anyone has suggestions on how to go about this, I'd love to hear them.

0 2
0 269

Hi Community,

I would like to share with you my experience regarding to debugging via Atelier.

I'm developing a REST API and would like to attach to a process when I call the API via a REST Client tool, for example Postman. The purpose is to inspect values from HEADER and BODY of the HTTP request during the debugging process.

Come on! How am I doing? I am going to demonstrate that by using a class from SAMPLES namespace.

1 - Open Atelier;

2 - Open your REST Service class;

3 - Go to the method related to the URI that you need to debug;

9 3
0 1.2K

Hi Community!

While we're on a roll with new ideas for the Developer Community, we decided to also give the credit where the credit is due (meaning you, our dearest members), and share your creativity and imagination with others.

We're going to introduce a new rubric "InterSystems Memes"! 😜

3 0
0 324

I am doing a HL7 data transformation with object script but need to only write a substring from the first "(" of the NTE-3 field to the end.

example

Input: NTE|1|||Some text (HI) (321)|ABC

Desired Output: NTE|1|||(HI) (321)|ABC

Basically I'd like to delete "Some text ".

If I were writing a shell script I would use sed 's/^.*(/(/' with perhaps a modification to get only the first.

I use the function wizard but can't seem to get the right code.

0 9
0 508

This is the fourth in a series of releases that are part of the developer preview program for 2022.2 Future preview releases are expected to be updated biweekly and we will add features as they are ready. Many updates, fixes and enhancements have been added in 2022.2, in SQL management, cloud integration, Kafka and JMS adapters, the SQL Loader, and other areas.

1 0
0 271

Hey Developers,

In July, you posted 83 questions on Developer Community:

Spoiler

How to Answer an Unanswerable Question

And now it's time to announce the Key Questions of July, chosen by InterSystems Experts!

1 0
0 221

Hey Community,

See how data integration features in InterSystems IRIS data platform enable you to easily connect your systems, processes, and people:

Integration Features of InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N5Rba1zhJgc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 170

Hey Community,

Here is a digest of the Developer Community videos on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel in July 2022:

1 0
0 134

Now available: InterSystems Learning News for July 2022! See how you can:

• Sign up to be a beta tester for the InterSystems IRIS System Administration certification exam.
• Find opportunities to keep you and your team learning.
• Connect to InterSystems Cloud Services.
• Take a classroom course on InterSystems Change Control Record (CCR).

And more! Read all about it and subscribe in the July 2022 Learning News.

1 0
0 154

Hi team,

I'll start with an apology as I am trying to wrap my head around the architecture of how InterSystems IRIS database management works. I am attempting to connect to the platform remotely through say a JDBC or ODBC connection in order to run queries, searches (through SQL statements) on my laptop and was trying to understand whether this would be possible? It is possible to setup an inbound client connection and wanted to better understand the architecture of how the database association works for IRIS database management. Does it use it's own internal SQL database or are we able to connect to our own database and which databases are certified to run against the platform?

0 2
0 287

Where can I download the Cache ODBC drivers?

Where can I download the Cache ODBC drivers for Windows?

I need to connect to a cache database by odbc but the FPTs that I have found do not work,
could you tell me where to download the ODBC drivers

0 14
0 8.7K

Hi guys,

Does rebuilding of Data Quality Manager cubes affect patient index linkage definition data?

What I want to understand is, does DQM have any negative impact on the data each time you rebuild the cubes.

Additionally, if I make changes to the cube and rebuild it..will this have any impact on the original data?

0 6
0 292
Question
· Jul 20, 2022
Inbound Adapters

Hi Guys,

Is there online tutorials or samples on how to use Inbound Adapters ?

All I'm looking for at this stage is to create and inbound Adapter in a production to request to connect to a client where I can Get JSON file and what do I need to establish the connection?

Thanks

0 1
0 195