Question
· Aug 19, 2022
Grafana/Promethus Questions

I am starting to look at add-ons/enhancements that can be made to our environment as we move from 2018.1.3 to IRIS 2022.1. During one of our internal meetings it was mentioned that it would be helpful to gather and keep track of metrics as we move to IRIS 2022.1. I am looking to at trying to capture Message Count, Database size, global sizes, etc... Through Global Summit, and Open exchange, I know there is SAM, Grafana, and Promethus. I am struggling with getting SAM working on a Red Hat Environment using podman and not docker, but that is another story.

0 2
0 117
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,762 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Aug 17, 2022
Ensemble default packages

Hi Guys,

I've newly joined a new company and have been asked to get the number of classes in their system and was wondering if Ens, EnsLib and EnsPortal are normally a system or default packages that comes with default classes that developers can use or override?

0 6
0 196

Hi Guys,

is there an easy way to count all line of codes in all classes in a namespace ?

I've been asked to give the total lines of code in all our system and we have over 3000 classes, so opening each one of them to check total line would take a long time.

Thanks

0 10
0 273

Hi Developers!

Sometimes we need to import CSV data programmatically to InterSystems IRIS either from CSV or from URL. And we expect the class with proper datatypes to be created and the data to be imported.

I published a module csvgen on Open Exchange which does exactly that.

If you just need the CSV file be imported into IRIS you can do the following:

USER>do ##class(community.csvgen).Generate("/usr/data/titanic.csv",,"Data.Titanic")

Class name: Data.Titanic
Header: PassengerId INTEGER,Survived INTEGER,Pclass INTEGER,Name VARCHAR(250),Sex VARCHAR(250),Age INTEGER,SibSp INTEGER,Parch INTEGER,Ticket VARCHAR(250),Fare MONEY,Cabin VARCHAR(250),Embarked VARCHAR(250)
Records imported: 891
USER>

Or if you have the CSV on the internet, e.g. COVID-19 Data on Github you can get the data in the following way:

USER>d ##class(community.csvgen).GenerateFromURL("https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19/master/csse_covid_19_data/csse_covid_19_daily_reports/05-29-2020.csv",",","Data.Covid19")

Class name: Data.Covid19
Header: FIPS INTEGER,Admin2 VARCHAR(250),Province_State VARCHAR(250),Country_Region VARCHAR(250),Last_Update DATE,Lat MONEY,Long_ DOUBLE,Confirmed INTEGER,Deaths INTEGER,Recovered INTEGER,Active INTEGER,Combined_Key VARCHAR(250),Incidence_Rate DOUBLE,Case-Fatality_Ratio DOUBLE
Records imported: 3522
USER>

7 16
1 1.2K

This is the fifth in a series of releases that are part of the developer preview program for 2022.2 Future preview releases are expected to be updated biweekly and we will add features as they are ready. Many updates, fixes and enhancements have been added in 2022.2, in SQL management, cloud integration, Kafka and JMS adapters, the SQL Loader, and other areas.

1 0
0 241

Have a Zen report with a huge query that we are trying to break down and be more efficient.

Looks like Zen only wants to take a result set class as the data (or XML, but writing to a file to generate these reports is probably even more overhead).

Is there a way I can move through a result set object, delete rows I don't want based on some objectscript commands and the pass that to the report?

Or can I pass a dynamic object?

Thanks.

0 3
0 214

Being interoperable is more and more important nowadays. InterSystems IRIS 2022.1 comes with a new messaging API to communicate with event streaming platforms like Kafka, AWS SQS/SNS, JMS and RabbitMQ.

This article shows how you can connect to Kafka and AWS SQS easily.
We start with a brief discussion of the basic concepts and terms of event streaming platforms.

4 0
1 440
Question
· Aug 16, 2022
Can run application in IE

Hi Guys,

My application is running in Chrome but not in IE and I'm guessing it's a security issue, where when I open IE it tells me that ESC in on, but checking the configue in Server Manager tells otherwise?

Thanks

0 1
0 170

In this article you will have access to the curated base of articles from the InterSystems Developer Community of the most relevant topics to learning InterSystems IRIS. Find top published articles ranked by Machine Learning, Embedded Python, JSON, API and REST Applications, Manage and Configure InterSystems Environments, Docker and Cloud, VSCode, SQL, Analytics/BI, Globals, Security, DevOps, Interoperability, Native API. Learn and Enjoy!

10 6
7 882

Hi all,

I have a requirement to periodically poll a URL to fetch some XML data based on a list of query data, lets say every hour, and map what's returned to HL7 then send downstream, I mostly have everything contained within a business process and DTL but I'm lacking a way of invoking the process every X minutes,

The client has a prefence for as much as possible to be done via out of the box components in the standard HL7 model of "Service --> Process/Rule/DTL --> Operation" within the Web UI,

0 5
1 403

One of the most important tasks of dashboards is, on the one hand, to help you perceive data in an aggregated form, and, on the other hand, not to lose the depth of immersion in the data if you need this. One of the tools that help us achieve this result is drill down. It enables us to display several hierarchical levels of data, from aggregated to detailed.

5 0
0 472

Hi Community

I have created a simple package that allows the use of Cache with the Laravel Framework.

From my initial testing everything seems to be operating smoothly but I would like to appeal to the PHP users in the community to help me improve this package.

For those of you out there who have time and would be interested in this, please visit the repo at https://github.com/jeandormehl/laracache

Thanks in advance

5 8
3 1.1K
Question
· Aug 9, 2022
Comparisons in DTLs

Is there a way to compare the value in a source field against all of the values in a repeating field? For example, we have multiple DG1 target segments populated. Is there an easy way to check a source DG1 segments against all of the target DG1 segments? I didn't know if there is a wild card I can use for the comparison.

0 1
0 248

Hi!

I have a question regarding SQL insert/update from the mananger portal's SQL window.

I am trying to do an insert with a value that contains multiple spaces ($32) between two words. This is needed for a comparative reason. But the spaces are automatically trimmed away all the time. How should I write to keep these?

Example:

Insert into TableA
(MyColumn) Values('xxxx yyyy')

then the spaces are trimmed away and it becomes: 'xxxx yyyy'

But I want to keep the spaces. How do I get around the problem?

Regards,
Michael

0 4
0 192

Does anyone have experience with CircleCI or really any automation tool using %UnitTest?

I have built my app and ran my unit test in a Docker container automated by CircleCI. However, after many of the tests failed I see:

How do you halt out of the IRIS session and return an exit code to the shell?

I have a script in my repo that I pass into IRIS after CircleCI does the code checkout

iris session IRIS < inFile

0 8
0 365

Hi ,

When I use jdbc driver to query the column info ,the "REMARKS" field always show the same as the "COLUMN_NAME" field.

When I use the sql "select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.columns a where a.table_name='some table name ' " to query columns info,there has a "DESCRIPTION" field ,the value is some comment for the current field.

So is there anyway to return the description to the jdbc remarks field? And is there anyway to update the desciption or remarks field? Or is there some other way that I don't know to manage column comment info?

0 1
0 302
Question
· Aug 12, 2022
Password requirements

Many password requirements can be enforced using a password validation routine which is available to implement in System Management Portal. But how about this one:

Check that at least 50% of the characters changed from old password to new password.

We need to have access to the old password to check this, currently password validation routine only gets the new password.

0 1
0 267

Hi Community,

In April 2022 InterSystems participated as a Gold Sponsor in MIT Hacking Medicine GrandHack – MIT's annual flagship hackathon introducing healthcare challenges to be solved by engineers, clinicians, designers, developers, and business people. This year we introduced the "Best Use of InterSystems FHIR Services" challenge (read more here) and awarded prizes to the three winning teams.

⏯ Sharing this recap video from MIT Hacking Medicine GrandHack so you could also catch the vibe of the event!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/914JkwkLYq0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 232

Hey Developers,

Don't miss this hands-on session hosted by @Don Woodlock, Vice President of InterSystems Healthcare:

Machine Learning 201 - Neural Networks and Image Recognition

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lDRemLwc_U4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 1
2 256