When we are at the starting stage of BI project development, we must remember that it is crucial to select the right tool for its implementation. Today we want to show you how one of the principal functionality of dashboards is implemented in different BI systems. Let's talk about drill down from both points of view: the dashboard development, and the convenience and clarity for the end user. We will touch on the applications of this technology in IRIS BI, Power BI and Tableau.

3 1
0 582
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,050 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Jul 12, 2019 2m read
Basic Database Metrics example

This is a self contained class that can be run from the Intersystems Task Scheduler which records peak usage details for databases and licenses built up throughout the day and retaining 30 days history.

To schedule the task to run every hour:

d ##class(Metrics.Task).Schedule()

You can also specify your own start time, stop time, and run interval:

d ##class(Metrics.Task).Schedule(startTime, stopTime, intervalMins)

Metrics are stored in ^Metrics in the namespace that the class resides in/is run from.

6 3
3 535

Hi all.

I'm currently looking at a use case where I need to take a Stream, and then encode the contents as a Base64 Stream. This is currently achieved with a snippet of code that has previously been placed in multiple classes within this particular environment, and relied on the dotnet gateway (which suffers with a bug in 2022.1, corrected 2022.1.1).

0 4
0 988

I've installed the latest version of IRIS using Minimal settings as I'm just looking for some basic IDE without connecting to anything.

After install, I see all the files in the Intersystems folder, however there is no "IR" in the system tray. I don't see any executables to launch either. System restart did not populate the system tray either.

Is there any other way to launch Studio?

0 9
0 267

Hey Community,

We greatly appreciate all your feedback on the InterSystems Interoperability Contest! Please take a short survey and answer a few questions to help us improve our contests.

👉 Quick survey: Interoperability Contest Survey 2022

11 Best Questions to Ask in a Restaurant Survey (and how to ask them)

Feel free to share your feedback in the comments of this post as well!

0 0
0 106

Hi Friends,

In my production already we have business components (business service , process, operations) and all are working fine.

Now I have change the package structure of few classes and want to update the references in settings for Business components in Management portal.

As this class field is read only , Any other way to update the class reference, instead of creating new business component?

1 3
0 141

If you’re on the fence about learning InterSystems ObjectScript, we’re making the decision a whole lot easier.

We just updated the “Getting Started with InterSystems ObjectScript” learning path with 3 new 5-minute videos — and a capstone exercise to help you pull together everything you’ll learn.

🤝 Get an introduction to InterSystems ObjectScript

🤿 Dive deeper into commands and functions

🤔 Understand data types and variables

👨‍💻 Create a class definition

Do it all in our updated learning path, Getting Started with InterSystems ObjectScript.

2 0
0 213

I'm trying to send a message into a production on change a persistent object.

And when I change an object using SQL - I get an error,
when change the object using objectscript - I get a message (but not an error or exception)
But the most interesting - everything works fine (the object has been changed, and business service receives data)

Persistent class

1 2
0 262

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way, or what is your recommended way to generate, or develop some kind of deep interest or even some joy, love, or excitement towards coding, programming, software developing. Specifically for people aged between 20 and 30 years old.

I am aware of some programming games like the following ones:

https://wintrmut3.itch.io/maelstromexe

https://theov.itch.io/automaton

0 5
0 204

Hey Community,

Don't miss the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube channel:

Working with ObjectScript Classes in VS Code for Client Side Editing

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nZd3UGDu4Rc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 242

Hi Community,

In this article I will demonstrate the functionality of my app iris-energy-isodata .
Application is accessing energy data (production, demand and supply) from the major Independent System Operators (ISOs) in the United States to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns (SDG's 12)

3 2
0 266

Hi,

Currently I am working to develop smart on FHIR app with FHIRaas with the help of fhirclient.js and facing one issue that .well-known/smart-configuration is raising following error "This endpoint does not have SMART on FHIR capabilities defined" Below snapshot is for reference:

Looking forward to resolve the above issue or workaround

Thanks

0 3
0 264

I have created a class file that I want to execute daily to gather Metrics (Message Header, Space Available, etc..) and write the data into a Cache table. Now that I have written the class I want to add it to the Task Scheduler within Ensemble to run every morning. How do I go about getting the class file created as a Task within the Task Scheduler? The Documentation isn't as clear cut for creating custom tasks as one would expect.

0 5
0 429