Hi Community!

This year will have a special section on Flash Talks which gives you an opportunity to introduce your tool or solution on InterSystems Global Summit 2018!

What is Flash Talks?

It's 15 min session you have on Technology Exchange scene: 10 min for your pitch, 5 min for Q&A.

The session WILL BE live streamed on Developer Community YouTube Channel.

Developer Community Flash Talks!

Today, 10/02, Flash Talks Scene @ InterSystems Global Summit 2018!

2 pm Open source approaches to work with Documents @Eduard Lebedyuk, InterSystems

2-15 InterSystems IRIS on Kubernetes by @Dmitry Maslennikov

2-30 Visual Studio Code IDE for InterSystems Data Platforms by @John Murray, GeorgeJames Software

2-45 Static Analysis for ObjectScript with CacheQuality by @Daniel Tamajon, Lite Solutions

3-00 InterSystems Open Exchange by @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems

3-15 Q&A Session on Developer Community, Global Masters, and Open Exchange

1 10
0 542

Users of analytical applications often need to generate and send out PDF reports comprised of elements of the analytical panel. In the InterSystems stack, this task is solved using the DSW Reports project that is an extension of DeepSeeWeb. In this article, we will explain how to use DSW Reports for generating PDF reports and emailing them.

1 0
1 512

Hi,

We have Mirroring established between NODE 1 & Node 2 . We have set the "cachesys" database enabled for Journalling. But we dont see the User Accounts , Roles, Resources created on Node 1 ( favoured Primary) reflected on Node 2 . Is creating them manually again is the only option for this ? . Is there any way to sync them or would adding %SYS to MIRROR a possible solution. Would it be great if anyone has faced this as we have an issue that during failovers Team is locked out .

Best Regards,

Arun Madhan

1 10
1 756
Announcement
· Oct 20, 2018
Looking for work

Hi every body

I hope it's the right place & I'm not offending any body.

I'm a veteran Mumps/Cache/Ensemble programmer . I think my only draw back is my age, although my brain is still young & bubbly.

I'm looking a long time for work without success.

I gathered a lot of knowledge & experience during those long years , developed many projects & i'm ready to do any work only to feel useful.

I'll add my resume, I hope & wish that this post will bring some change as I'm desperate to get some work.

1 0
0 403

This code snippet uses %ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonSQLProvider. The namespace and string of SQL can be edited for different situations. The class method "test" runs the code:

Class eduardlebedyuk.passQuestionParams
{
    classmethod test(pValue = 50) {
        s ns = $Namespace
        zn "samples"
        s tSQL = "SELECT ID, Name FROM Sample.Person WHERE Id > ?"
        s tPR = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonSQLProvider).%New()
        s tPR.sql = tSQL
        s tPR.%Format = "tw"
        s tPR.maxRows = 100

s tParam = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.parameter).%New()
        s tParam.value = pValue
        d tPR.parameters.SetAt(tParam,1)

d tPR.%DrawJSON() 
        //d ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonSQLProvider).%WriteJSONFromSQL(,,,,,tPR)  //same thing
        zn ns
    }
}

(Originally posted to Intersystems CODE by @Eduard Lebedyuk, 5/13/15)

Here's a link to the code on GitHub

1 0
0 255

Hello,

I am a beginner with Object Script and I hope anyone can help me solving my questions.

1. Is there a way to time a loop in Object Script?

2. My code leads to the following error, even though it executes the method.

Is there a way to ignore this specific error, so that I can repeat my code in a time loop over and over again without stopping?

1 3
1 866
Question
· Sep 25, 2018
Wireshark with ensemble

Hi,

We see a lot of TCPIP connection error for few of the components not sure if it is a network glitch at the source/target or is it with us. And most of the times these errors are very transient and vanish on their own and the connection gets re established and the messages get processed. Here is the error we mostly see

ERROR <Ens>ErrTCPTerminatedReadTimeoutExpired: TCP Read timeout (30) expired waiting for terminator SegTerminatorAscii=13, on |TCP|50007|10620, data received =''

or

1 2
1 1.3K

Hi everyone,

I need submit a object have a json string as property of class, but I get an issue, object can't save to SQL table if I take json data to json property. I try making a test class with only json property and get the same issue, no data row in SQL table after run ClassMethod . Some one know what's problem, please help me. Here my test class:

1 2
0 735
Question
· Oct 2, 2018
%NOLOCK in insert query

I would like to know , if its safe to use %NOLOCK in insert query while doing some parallel processing in Ensemble. We will have pool size of more than 1 for a business process. The business process does an entry in internal meta data table , which will be used for some internal reporting. The same row might get updated by some other process later point of time. i could not produce any error or any issues . Looking forward to hear some opinion on this.

1 1
0 1.1K

Hi Community!

We want to invite you to join the live broadcast in Developer Community Twitter!

@Evgeny Shvarov and @Joe Lichtenberg will present "Using Blockchain with InterSystems IRIS"!

This session will cover the applicability of blockchain technology to address current business challenges, and will present a live application using InterSystems IRIS with blockchain integration.

It will start in an hour!

1 0
0 179

Hi, Community!

This is a digest of the Developer Community postings in September 2018.

Most viewed

Atelier 1.3 Stable Release  324

Intersystems IRIS and the next applications generation  149

How the Intersystems IRIS ended to anemic databases era  141

Dynamic objects and JSON support in InterSystems products  141

UDL support  127

Global Summit 2018: Unconference topics to discuss  118

How I implemented GraphQL for InterSystems platforms  116

Is there a function similar to Oracle's CDC in the cache database?  116

Find a table given its name  113

parsing xml response  105

Most voted

Atelier 1.3 Stable Release  10

George James Software lunchtime meeting at Global Summit 2018  10

Save the date - DACH Symposium 2018  9

Sharding evaluation #1  8

Sharding evaluation #2  7

Atelier Source code versioning  5

Intersystems IRIS and the next applications generation  4

Global Summit 2018 - Make sure you hang out till Wednesday!  4

Developer Community September 2018 Release  4

New Video: Atelier – Debugging a Class  4

Most commented

How can I create properties (DocDB, Python)?  15

Is there a function similar to Oracle's CDC in the cache database?  15

parsing xml response  13

How to open Cache studio on Mac OS   11

Change time in message browser etc from UTC to local time  10

LDAP Connection/Configuration  9

class Ens.Queue visible to ODBC?  9

How to Open Terminal In Caché Mac OS  9

Impact of OREF support  9

Visual Report alternatives  8

Top 10 Authors to Follow by Views

Gevorg Arutunyan, Posts,  379

Yuri Gomes, Posts,  290

Robert Cemper, Posts,  190

Eduard Lebedyuk, Posts,  187

Dmitry Maslennikov, Posts,  185

Rustam Ibragimov, Posts,  127

Alexander Tsvetkov, Posts,  78

Mark Bolinsky, Posts,  60

Raymond Lawrence, Posts,  43

Irene Mikhaylova, Posts,  38

Top 10 Experts to Follow

Fred Gustafsson, Answers,  +5

Robert Cemper, Answers,  +4

Jolyon Smith, Answers,  +3

Nicole Aaron, Answers,  +3

Alexander Koblov, Answers,  +2

Tomas Vaverka, Answers,  +2

Len Goodkin, Answers,  +2

Herman Slagman, Answers,  +2

Evgeny Shvarov, Answers,  +1

Eduard Lebedyuk, Answers,  +1

1 0
0 207
Article
· Sep 27, 2018 2m read
Method to Create a Class

The following class method "test" contains code that can create a new class, create new properties for classes, or create new methods for classes. "test" runs all three of these processes once, and the code that performs each action is labelled by comments in the method:

ClassMethod test() As %Status
{
    set sc = $$$OK

// Create a class
    set class = ##class(%ClassDefinition).%New("MyClass")
    set class.Description = "This is my test class"_$c(13,10)_"testing %ClassDefinition"
    set class.Super = "%Persistent"

// Create a property and add it
    set property = ##class(%PropertyDefinition).%New("MyClass.MyProperty")
    set property.Type = "%String"
    set property.Description="This is a property"
    set sc1 = class.Properties.Insert(property)
    do:$$$ISERR(sc1) $system.Status.DisplayError(sc1)
    set sc = $$$ADDSC(sc, sc1)

// Create a method and add it
    set method = ##class(%MethodDefinition).%New("MyClass.MyMethod")
    set method.ReturnType = "%Integer"
    set method.FormalSpec = "x:%Integer,y:%Integer=10"
    set method.Description = "Return product of x and y"
    set method.CodeMode = "code"
    set method.Code = " new result"_$c(13,10)_" set result=x*y"_$c(13,10)_" quit result"
    set sc2 = class.Methods.Insert(method)
    do:$$$ISERR(sc2) $system.Status.DisplayError(sc2)
    set sc = $$$ADDSC(sc, sc2)

// Save the class definition
    set sc3 = class.%Save()
    do:$$$ISERR(sc3) $system.Status.DisplayError(sc3)
    set sc = $$$ADDSC(sc, sc3)

return sc
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub

1 1
0 570

Hi all.

I want to insert my dataframe into InterSystems IRIS. So, I tried to do this:

df = spark.read.load("/home/imported-openssh-key/zeppelin-0.8.0-bin-all/bin/resultData3/DF.json", format="json")
df.write.format("com.intersystems.spark").\
option("url", "IRIS://localhost:51773/DEDUPL").\
option("user", "********").option("password", "********").\
option("dbtable", "try.test1").save()

And got this error:

1 3
0 2K

Hi All,

I'm practicing Atelier in Eclipse, but

While working CSP page.

1. Create new Web Application

2. Open CSP Web Application in Atelier Project

3. New CSP page -> Save

i'm getting below error Message.

/testv1/test.csp was saved locally but could not be saved remotely.

ERROR #5912: Page '/testv1/test.csp' does not exist

test.csp is saved locally but could not be saved remotely.

1 3
0 527
Question
· Sep 13, 2018
Purge Task History manually

Hi,

I've read into console.log that there is some problems writing the global Task History

09/13/18-09:33:00:109 (9052) 0 Error al escribir en global de historial de tareas - Error (ERROR #5002: Error de cache: <DATABASE>%SaveData+20^%SYS.Task.History.1 ^SYS("Task","HistoryD",66179),c:\intersystems\healthshare\mgr\)

1 2
0 385

This is a FYI for anyone who has experienced the following error after upgrading an existing instance to any product based on Caché 2017.2.2. In our case, the products are HealthShare HealthConnect for Redhat x64 and for Windows x86-64 but I believe it would be a common problem for any InterSystems product on any platform, if based on Caché 2017.2.2. After upgrading our development instance from 2016.2.2 to 2017.2.2, we experienced the following errors when attempting to start a pre-existing Java Object Gateway that was defined prior to the upgrade:

1 0
1 520

I faced with the issue when WebSocket connection just fails without any errors if I send data with size 384 bytes and more (In binary mode the same). As I know by standard WebSockets frame does not have such limitation. Is there any way how to decrease it? This limitation too small, it is too difficult to fit this size and needs to send data much more often than I expected. Tested with Caché 2016.2, 2017.2 and IRIS 2018.1.

1 2
0 737

Hi all,

We have a big problem because we have the following message when I try to open the messages in a production.

ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <DATABASE>zfindStatement+29^%SQL.DynamicStatement.1 ^%sqlcq("MYNAMESPACE","Query",8,"Gns8AZO5dJclytqv13l9gUuLUyo=",""),c:\intersystems\healthshare\mgr\cache\ -- logged as '-' number - @''

SOURCE ELEMENT: %ZEN.Component.tablePane (resultsTable)

1 4
0 465

Hi community,

I've created a BS that uses FTP InboundAdapter. It works, read the file and process it.

The problem is when there not any file in the FTP folder, it raises the following error:

ERROR <Ens>ErrFTPListFailed: FTP: error en List para *.csv (mensaje='No-transfer-time exceeded. Closing control connection.',código=421)

I think it is something about the configuration, but I don't find what is the problem.

1 4
0 665

To deploy a DeepSee solution, the docs recommend that you define a namespace on the reporting (mirror) server, and "define mappings to access the application data, application code, DeepSee cube definitions, and DeepSee data on this server". (http://docs.intersystems.com/ens20152/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=D2IMP_ch_overview#D2IMP_overview_architecture)

1 3
0 292

We have a new requirement being push down by our Data Security to no longer use Local SQL Accounts to access our Databases. So they asked me to create a Service Account that is on the Domain for our connections to each database.

I tried just changing my JDBC connection to using this Service Account and Password but I am not having any luck trying to connect to the database.

" Connection failed.
Login failed for user 'osumc\CPD.Intr.Service'. ClientConnectionId:ade97239-c1c8-4ed1-8230-d274edb2e731 "

1 4
0 3.6K

Hi Community!

New video "Deploying Shards Using InterSystems Cloud Manager" is available now on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UV1zYRQUPlw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 264