InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 19,842 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Mar 13, 2018
idx and cache

I am new to cache. idx is a language for cache database? we have cache database on aix and planning to move to linux, but i was told only aix is supported since idx only works on aix. can someone help me to understand?

thank you very much.

Hope

0 3
0 755

Hi all,

I am new in Cache. I have to update a record with a long text field, for that, I am using ODBC but the issue is that it is returning an error when I execute the ODBC SQL statement because the field contains some commas, colon, double quotes, single quotes, and CR LF characters.

There is a way to escape this chars? I have seen I can save the field when I replace the single quotes with a double single quote (it's -> it''s) but I can not save the information when the field contains double quote chars. What about the other chars?

0 6
0 1.1K
Question
· Mar 8, 2018
WIDE CHAR error

Hello,

I'm getting <WIDE CHAR> error in one of my routines, I was thinking a corrupted data or disk out of space or no mount database but all seems to be OK?

I'm running Cache 2014.1.2 and the same routines and data works in our client main server with not problems but having the same copy in their backup server is generating <WIDE CHAR> error, some other reports works but this specific doesn't?

Thanks

0 3
0 756

Hi I currently have a requirement to upload microsoft documents from a client's PC to a cache database, at present the idea is to use javascript to open the file and convert it to a binary stream and then for cache csp to upload the binary stream to the database. Just wondered if anyone else had attempted this or are there better options !

Regards

Gary

0 10
0 973
Question
· Mar 11, 2018
Atelier Server connection

When assigning the filter to the server explorer in Atelier to hide system classes, it works only in server explorer.

The same server explorer option linked to a given project does not appear to observe the filter setting from the server connection, and has no ability to assign filters at the project level. Is this an enhancement needed or am i missing the logical requirement?

Also when assigning a tag to this post, only Atelier 1.1 BETA comes up. I believe i am using the stable release of 1.1

0 3
0 362
Question
· Mar 8, 2018
Menu bar in Studio

While I'm working in Studio, every now and then, the menu bar gets "unglued" and becomes a window of its own outside of Studio.

Is there a setting that prevents this from happening?

Also, if I happen to close Studio while the menu bar is "loose", the menu bar remains missing when I open a new Studio Session.
Is there a way to get the menu bar back in such a situation?

0 5
0 564

I have a service that that I would like to use to poll the database table in MySQL server 2012 and get an id to use if the condition is met but have trouble achieving this here is what I have so far any suggestions please.

Method OnProcessInput(pInput As EnsLib.SQL.Snapshot, Output pOutput As %RegisteredObject) As %Status
{

set pRequest=##class(SamsReq).%New()
      set pRequest.pID=pInput.Get("pID")

< set sc=..SendRequestSync("DQTT",pRequest,.pOutput)

quit sc
}

the error that I am getting

>}

0 4
0 762
Question
· Mar 8, 2018
creating a test server

hi, new here, and new to cache and deepsee.

i've been trying to setup a copy of our production server so we can use it for testing/development.

i did a full backup. moved it to the new server. ran the DBREST command. got it to restore but seems like permissions get all messed up. and it just generates a bunch of errors.

is there an easier/better way of doing this?

0 13
0 539
Question
· Mar 8, 2018
Parallel execution in COS

Hello community,

I need to perform some processing-heavy operations on a set of input objects and I would like to utilize more than a single processor core to do the heavy lifting.

Is there any way to call methods in parallel and wait for the results in a blocking way?

Basically, I am looking for an equivalent of the pythonese

with Pool(n) as p:
results = p.map(function, data)

Thanks

Jiri

EDIT: Correct English :)

1 5
0 510
Question
· Mar 7, 2018
UNC path not recognized

Hi Guys,

One of our clients is running Cache 2014.1.4 and for some reason is not recognising UNC paths?

The Path is accessible via windows explorer with no issues (\\backupsvr) and also my works fine when using :

O C:\folder\file.txt:("WNS"):5

0 3
0 609

This series of articles aims to address the following topics:

• Creation of a web application based on REST pages;
  • Overview of some tools for tracing (debugging) HTTP requests;
  • Switching from hyperevents to... hyperevents;
  • Integration with jQuery File Upload;
  • Conversion of JSON from the {id:1,parentId:1} format to the {id:1,children:[{}]} format for tree visualization;
  • Integration with jQuery EasyUI (using datagrid and tree as examples);
  • Other topics.

5 1
1 956

Have you heard interesting things about Atelier, the InterSystems Eclipse plugin, and want to learn more?

Join @Michelle Stolwyk, a software developer at InterSystems, for Enter a New Era with Atelier, a webinar in which she shows how Atelier can simplify your development workflow. She also discusses the feature priorities InterSystems has for Atelier and even explains how your feedback can affect these priorities!

Do you have questions for Michelle following the webinar? Feel free to post them below!

6 3
0 457

I have one in my testing environment. According to https://community.intersystems.com/post/licensing-ubuntu-and-suse-20171-and-later, I should move to native Ubuntu build with 2017.2. So I downloaded Cache for UNIX (Ubuntu Server LTS for x86-64) 2017.2.1 and tried to update my existing 2015.1.4 installation. What I got was:

Upgrade from lnxsusex64 platform is not allowed.

0 4
0 361

It is often necessary to sort the results of a query on a string field containing a combination of alphabetic and numeric characters. In cases like this the default string collation may not always return the data in the expected sequence.

An example of this may be where a select from Samples.Person should order the results by the street address, but firstly ordered by the street number part as numeric, and then by the street name.

The default query will return the results as follows:

4 4
0 457

HI,

Has anyone implemented the NHS Care Connect profile in HealthShare and if so could you share the steps you took?

I am not looking to integrate it into the SDA model, Just looking having the classes within HealthShare and then applying a DTL to convert to HL7 2.x

I was hoping i could just down load the profiles from git hub and import into Studio but it appears I need the XSD to do this, which are not available.

Cheers,

Jason

0 4
0 668

Hi-

I have searched through documentation, etc and see many mentions of using Ensemble / Health Connect along with the Java Gateway to interface with JMS Queues, but see no specific documentation on how to do this.

Does anyone have any information, or a concise example of using the Java Gateway to allow Ensemble / Health Connect to be able to place messages and retrieve messages from a JMS Queue?

Thanks

0 2
0 795
Question
· Mar 5, 2018
Send txt file thourgh TCP

Hi,

I'm trying to send a txt file over TCP.

The txt file contains lines, every line has a fixed length : 179 characters , however it seems that this length vary while sending it!

So, I need to send the content of the txt file as it is without adding anything.

I'm using as operation EnsLib.TCP.PassthroughOperation.

I need your help please.

Thanks !

0 3
0 481

Hi Guys,

Can you please advise on the below queries.

Query 1:

Example 1:

S a="345",b="arun",c="kumar",d="hi",e="yello",f="orange"

Example 2:

S a="345"

S b="arun"

S c="kumar"

S d="hi"

S e="yello"

S f="orange"

Can you please advise me, which one is performance wise is better.

Query 2:

Example 1:

S:a=1 R="Arun"

Example 2:

I a=2 R="Arun"

Please advise me, which one is giving better performance in this.

0 11
0 991
Question
· Mar 2, 2018
$zt

Can anyone guide me where is the documentation for $zt?

The google seems suggest it may be "$ztime" or "$ztrap".

Thanks.

0 3
0 576