InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,845 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

We are updating from 2015.1.1 to 2017.2. I am testing the Hot JVM functionality to see if our current functionality is working in the new version of 2017.

I am having a problem trying to make it "fail".

Generally if I put in an invalid renderport then I usually get an error. Now if I put in an invalid renderport it generates the PDF anyway (FOP).

Was there a change where if it fails using the renderserver then it will create a new instance of Java to produce the PDF?

0 3
0 259

Hello All,

I hope it's not a silly question.

Here is my issue:
I have 3 simple classes:

Parent class, let's say:

Class ParentClass Extends %RegisteredObject
{
Property a As %String;
}

and two children classes
Class A.Child Extends ParentClass
{
Property b As %String;
}

Class B.Child Extends ParentClass
{
Property c As %String;
}

So no issues - all compiles and seem to work.

But, when I add %XML.Adaptor to my parent class, so:

0 3
0 990

I was approached recently by and end use who wanted to perform analysis of their databases and see how they could save some space by picking data good for deletion without harming the application. As part of investigation, they wanted to know sizes of globals within datasets. This can be achieved by various means but all of them provide data in text form only.

I thought I might be a good tool for database administrators in general - to see global sizes in a graphical way.

2 1
0 346
Question
· Jun 14, 2018
Single Row SQL.Snapshot

I have several stored procedures that when I execute them they will only return a single snapshot. In my BP I have been setting this to a Snapshot variable then looping using a WHILE through the snapshot variable just to get that single value.

Since it is only a single row, is there an easier way where I don't have to do a WHILE loop to pull the values out of that row? Can I call First Row or something like that to get me just the row into the Snapshot variable?

0 1
0 415
Question
· Jun 14, 2018
AddEventListener for a control

Is there a way to add event listener for a zen control?

I have a custom text control and I want to add 'change' event listener for it.

Is it possible to do not using 'onchange' property?

0 3
0 375

++ Update: August 1, 2018

The use of the InterSystems Virtual IP (VIP) address built-in to Caché database mirroring has certain limitations. In particular, it can only be used when mirror members reside the same network subnet. When multiple data centers are used, network subnets are not often “stretched” beyond the physical data center due to added network complexity (more detailed discussion here). For similar reasons, Virtual IP is often not usable when the database is hosted in the cloud.

Network traffic management appliances such as load balancers (physical or virtual) can be used to achieve the same level of transparency, presenting a single address to the client applications or devices. The network traffic manager automatically redirects clients to the current mirror primary’s real IP address. The automation is intended to meet the needs of both HA failover and DR promotion following a disaster.

14 12
4 5.9K

Start of Professional Activities!

The Institute of Space and Information Technologies of Siberian Federal University with the support of InterSystems International Corporation hosts the International Summer School "Start of Professional Activities" from July 9 to July 27, 2018 in Krasnoyarsk, Russia and invites all students majoring in IT to participate.

1 0
0 299

Time after time on CSP Session page of our Cache 2017.2.1 installation I see that all licenses are consumed by CSP sessions of /csp/sys, /csp/sys/op/and /csp/sys/mgr applications which I assume are sessions of Management Portal. The problem is that there are only few of us accessing the Portal and as we test by browsing Portal, we can't reproduce the problem.

Is there any way to see client IP of CSP session? Any other way to approach the problem?

The problem looks very similar to the Forefox-related one but we don't use Forefox.

0 7
0 427

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to built a SSIS package thru BIDS Visual Studio 2013. My Datasource is a InterSystems Cache Database, I wanted to Import Tables records from the Datasource to MS SQL Server 2014.

As a Sanity check. I only created one Package to import one Table to MSSQL Server to try out. The connection to the InterSystems Cache Database was successful. The DSN for the InterSystems Cache Database is created in the System for 32 and 64 Bit.

0 6
0 1.9K
Question
· Nov 16, 2017
Caché service does not start

Help, after a day of coding, I wanted to backup my files. I found out that alle of my 3 instances of caché refuse to start.

the error says: cstart-exe-fout (112 Service for Caché instance did not start).

Is there a way to solve this? (off course the management portal does not work either.)

I think there has been a power interruption as the battery from my laptop does not work, and the power went off before

shutdown.

Thanks in advance!

0 9
0 5.2K
Announcement
· May 25, 2018
Atelier 1.2 Beta Updates - May 2018

Over the past few months, our team has been hard at work building a better Atelier experience for you. With three major new features and more than twenty enhancements, Atelier 1.2.118 makes it easier for you to develop important applications. It now also supports InterSystems IRIS Data Platform™, which enables you to rapidly build scalable, interoperable, and analytical data-rich applications.

8 3
0 608
Article
· Mar 10, 2016 2m read
New Book, Caché and MUMPS – Part II

New Book, Caché and MUMPS – Part II

By Paul Mike Kadow

Edited by Deborah Graham and John J. Mitchell

Go to http://cosmumps.org for a download of just the examples of the book and the table of contents.

From the Forward

InterSystems, from a humble beginning, has grown into a worldwide company with its flagship product, Caché, leading the way.

First, this book chronicles and explores some of the many areas InterSystems has grown into and has influenced over the years.

6 8
0 2.1K

I have a server with rusw locale but in my cube the time dimension shows dates such as "JAN-2018". Is there a way to either localize that (preferably) or just output numbers like "01-2018"?

Architect:

Analyzer:

Also in architect, in level settings there is a "Time Format" property, what's that? Tried setting it to 3 but it didn't help.

0 5
0 385

I have a cache client with a list of several servers.

One of the server is working with an IIS server that is not the Cache DB server.

The connection to the IIS server is only through https (SSL)

I tried to define the Web Server IP Address to https://some.server.name but it didn't let me to specify the https

So I tried to define Web Server Port to 443 but when I chose the SMP it's trying to open http://some.server.name:443/csp/sys/UtilHome.csp

1 10
0 1.5K

Without installing Kerberos has anyone Authenticated a SQL JDBC connection? Currently we are using local SQL Accounts to sign onto External SQL Databases, but we are being told that we need to switch to Service accounts that live on a Active Directory Domain.

I wrote with a little help a ZAUTHENICATE to do the Authentication for Ensemble, can I use something like that to connect to an External SQL Database using a Service Account on a Active Directory Domain?

Thanks

Scott

0 3
0 471