InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,537 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Apr 5, 2018
Drawing boxes

Hello, Community!

Here's an interesting task I found on the Internet.

Problem description

Write a method that would draw a box of a specified size.

The goal is to write the shortest method.

Here's a method signature (it can't be modified):

ClassMethod main(s As %Integer = 10)

And call sample:

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(5)
#####
## ##
# # #
## ##
#####

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(10)
##########
##      ##
# #    # #
#  #  #  #
#   ##   #
#   ##   #
#  #  #  #
# #    # #
##      ##
##########

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(20)
####################
##                ##
# #              # #
#  #            #  #
#   #          #   #
#    #        #    #
#     #      #     #
#      #    #      #
#       #  #       #
#        ##        #
#        ##        #
#       #  #       #
#      #    #      #
#     #      #     #
#    #        #    #
#   #          #   #
#  #            #  #
# #              # #
##                ##
####################

2 15
0 576
Question
· Apr 6, 2018
Delegated Sign On Bypass

Is there a way to make the system users like _SYSTEM and ensadm bypass the Delegated sign-on and not cause it to fill up the Audit trail with "Programmer mode login failure"?? I figured I still had to leave password login enabled for the background users to run. How would I script if username = "_SYSTEM" then don't do the Delegated sign on?

Here is my ZAUTHENTICATE

0 3
0 338
Question
· Dec 27, 2017
Studio Templates and Add Ons

We do not use the out of the box web server (57772) for HealthConnect, we run a stand alone instance of Apache with https enabled. Now when I go to Tools > Templates > Web Form Wizard, I get an error Navigation Cancelled. I get a similar error when I try Tools > Add Ons > Add On.

Any ideas?

0 7
0 620

Hi,

i have today

- update from Ensemble 2016.1.0.656.0 to 2017.2.1.801.0
- Java JDK 8 (U161) [latest Version]
- Eclipse (JavaScript & WebDev) Release 4.7.3
- Atelier 1.1 plugin (from Marketplace)
- Migrate a small testing Project

Trying "Debug":

- Debug Configurations ...
- "Atelier Application Attach" -> "New"
- Select Server, Choosing the process i want, "Apply", "Debug"

Error:

0 2
0 388
Question
· Apr 6, 2018
EnableConfigItem() scripting

We have scripted a process where we can run EnableConfigItem from the cron in AIX so we can run multiple scripts at a time vs the scheduler in Ensemble that is single threaded. For the most part this works fine, until that service/operation has an error on it then it seems that everything else that is called after that instance halts.

Is there something that is stopping EnsConfigItem() from running once something has error'd?

Can something be forced like it does if we try to enable/disable in the gui and it times out?

this is the single command line we are calling

0 3
0 442

Configuring an Ensemble production can be a challenging task involving a thorough understanding of the system and production functionality and a detailed understanding towards each configuration item. After successfully configured an Ensemble production, you might need to set up an identical production on the mirror environment, or deploy the production on a development system to a live system, or send a copy for diagnostic/debug purposes. Other times you might have spent some time designing a BPL/DTL and some other productions can use the same logic.

5 0
0 4.4K

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • Containers infrastructure
  • GitLab CI/CD using containers

In the first article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software.

In the second article, we covered GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process and Continuous Delivery.

In the third article, we covered GitLab installation and configuration and connecting your environments to GitLab

In the fourth article, we wrote a CD configuration.

In the fifth article, we talked about containers and how (and why) they can be used.

In this article let's discuss main components you'll need to run a continuous delivery pipeline with containers and how they all work together.

4 0
2 3.4K

Morning guys I have a SQL operation that I use to read data and results to a record map. But seems to have trouble saving the objects to a record map as I get this message

ERROR ErrException:
zInsertObject+2^%Library.RelationshipObject.1 -- logged as '-' number - @''

please help here is my code let me know if I missing anything thank you in advance

0 2
0 558

Problem:

Caché prints to printers in a manner somewhat different from other Windows applications. Caché sends the data directly to the GDI Printer, without the usual interface. This is because the GUI interface can only be shown on a system desktop session and not in web browser and terminal sessions. Some printer drivers have problems with this method of printing.

Is this the problem you are having?

4 3
2 2.7K