As part of our security standards, we can't have our applications saving our credentials. For Atelier, this means our server connections. Is there a way to stop this by saving the connection parameters, but prompting for credentials on each run? Or is there another way?

Thank you

2 6
0 592
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,757 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

1) I have an oref pointing to an object on disk

2) I save the object which causes an UPDATE / AFTER Trigger to fire, and updates a value in an embedded object property

3) I would like to see that new embedded property value in my in-memory object (for unit testing)

Is there a way to do this via a method call? Or do I need to close the object and re-open it to see the updated value?

Thanks!

Ben

0 1
0 258

Hello,

I want to convert a json, which passed on in the a REST call, into a request message.

I use method %ConvertJSONToObject of the %ZEN.Auxiliary.altJSONProvider class.

Set sc = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.altJSONProvider).%ConvertJSONToObject(%request.Content, "TestRequest", .request)

Is there an alternative for this? I want to avoid to use the %ZEN library.

Best Regards

Roger de Coninck

0 8
0 639

I have iKnow domain of forum posts, their full text is an iKnow data, and each post also has a number of views as a metadata field.

I want to get a sum of views by concept. Let's say I have a concept called "TESTEST" and there are 10 sources that have this concept. Each source has some views. I want to get views total - impact of this concept so to say.

What's the best iKnow architecture for this use case?

So far I got this:

0 1
0 311
Question
· Aug 3, 2017
TrakCare

Hi,

While accessing Trakcare in IE 11 i am getting error:

The Trakcare Layout Editor is not functioning.Please check your browser security setting for scripts and ActiveX controls.You must have ensemble installed locally to use this application.

0 2
0 1.2K

Hello,

I need to access the value of a setting I created (ex: name_BO) within the logic of my BP.

Property name_BO As %String(MAXLEN = "");

/// Additional Settings 
Parameter SETTINGS = "name_BO:Basic:selector?context={Ens.ContextSearch/ProductionItems?targets=1&productionName=@productionId}";

But the class is common and the production item names will change.

0 1
1 446

I have a serial object:

Class EmbedObj Extends %SerialObject

which is stored as a property of another object

Class ContainerObj Extends %Persistent

Property InnerObj As EmbedObj;

Property Foobar As %String;

Question:

From within the context of an instance of EmbedObj, how can I navigate to the containing instance of "ContainterObj" and find that value of its Foobar property?

0 8
0 624
Question
· Jun 17, 2018
Connect to hardware

Hello,

If this question is in the wrong section, I apologise.

Has anyone ever used Cache Object Script to connect to any hardware such as a sensor?

What I mean is this :-

Lets assume that code has been written in Cache Object Script where it can detect breaks in electrical connections.

0 2
0 239

I've set up a Ens.Alert routing rule and would like to route alerts to different email groups based on business partner or alert group instead of relying on source config using Document.SourceConfigName. Is there a way to reference the business partner or alert group property in a routing rule?

0 5
0 517

We are updating from 2015.1.1 to 2017.2. I am testing the Hot JVM functionality to see if our current functionality is working in the new version of 2017.

I am having a problem trying to make it "fail".

Generally if I put in an invalid renderport then I usually get an error. Now if I put in an invalid renderport it generates the PDF anyway (FOP).

Was there a change where if it fails using the renderserver then it will create a new instance of Java to produce the PDF?

0 3
0 258

Hello All,

I hope it's not a silly question.

Here is my issue:
I have 3 simple classes:

Parent class, let's say:

Class ParentClass Extends %RegisteredObject
{
Property a As %String;
}

and two children classes
Class A.Child Extends ParentClass
{
Property b As %String;
}

Class B.Child Extends ParentClass
{
Property c As %String;
}

So no issues - all compiles and seem to work.

But, when I add %XML.Adaptor to my parent class, so:

0 3
0 987

I was approached recently by and end use who wanted to perform analysis of their databases and see how they could save some space by picking data good for deletion without harming the application. As part of investigation, they wanted to know sizes of globals within datasets. This can be achieved by various means but all of them provide data in text form only.

I thought I might be a good tool for database administrators in general - to see global sizes in a graphical way.

2 1
0 346
Question
· Jun 14, 2018
Single Row SQL.Snapshot

I have several stored procedures that when I execute them they will only return a single snapshot. In my BP I have been setting this to a Snapshot variable then looping using a WHILE through the snapshot variable just to get that single value.

Since it is only a single row, is there an easier way where I don't have to do a WHILE loop to pull the values out of that row? Can I call First Row or something like that to get me just the row into the Snapshot variable?

0 1
0 413
Question
· Jun 14, 2018
AddEventListener for a control

Is there a way to add event listener for a zen control?

I have a custom text control and I want to add 'change' event listener for it.

Is it possible to do not using 'onchange' property?

0 3
0 374

++ Update: August 1, 2018

The use of the InterSystems Virtual IP (VIP) address built-in to Caché database mirroring has certain limitations. In particular, it can only be used when mirror members reside the same network subnet. When multiple data centers are used, network subnets are not often “stretched” beyond the physical data center due to added network complexity (more detailed discussion here). For similar reasons, Virtual IP is often not usable when the database is hosted in the cloud.

Network traffic management appliances such as load balancers (physical or virtual) can be used to achieve the same level of transparency, presenting a single address to the client applications or devices. The network traffic manager automatically redirects clients to the current mirror primary’s real IP address. The automation is intended to meet the needs of both HA failover and DR promotion following a disaster.

14 12
4 5.9K

Start of Professional Activities!

The Institute of Space and Information Technologies of Siberian Federal University with the support of InterSystems International Corporation hosts the International Summer School "Start of Professional Activities" from July 9 to July 27, 2018 in Krasnoyarsk, Russia and invites all students majoring in IT to participate.

1 0
0 298

Time after time on CSP Session page of our Cache 2017.2.1 installation I see that all licenses are consumed by CSP sessions of /csp/sys, /csp/sys/op/and /csp/sys/mgr applications which I assume are sessions of Management Portal. The problem is that there are only few of us accessing the Portal and as we test by browsing Portal, we can't reproduce the problem.

Is there any way to see client IP of CSP session? Any other way to approach the problem?

The problem looks very similar to the Forefox-related one but we don't use Forefox.

0 7
0 426