Too often users finding themselves in need of a software solution do not consider “open source” vs. “proprietary” alternative. Most of them either have their go-to favorite developer or just google for reviews and ready-made answers. However, this alternative must be the starting point of their search, as the decision has the most consequences.

It is not an overstatement to say that open source is the future of technology, albeit, it has its own unique challenges. Here is what users, especially corporate users should consider choosing the software for their business needs.

2 2
0 1K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I have package mapped SYS.History but two classes in the package are giving me problems.

SYS.History.SysData and SYS.History.PerfData has an Include ( Include (%sySite, MONEXT))

When I try to open the corresponding table in SQL I get the following error

0 2
0 737

I need to redirect user to a url, which is 5000+ characters long.
To do that I set:

set %response.Redirect = url

However, in the browser I receive this header:

In WriteHTTPHeader method of %CSP.Response, where the LOCATION header is
written:

Write "Location: ", <Redirect>,!

After I added a buffer flush, after the above-mentioned line:

0 8
0 432

Hi,

I have a client who is considering encryption options in order to comply with a tendering requirement.

Were they to encrypt the production database then what would be a reasonable expectation forthe impact on message throughput. Or possibly more easily answered: what would be the expected impact be on I/O rate and CPU utilization. Are there any benchmarks to which could support an estimate ?

How would this compare with plan B: to use disk encryption ?

Thanks

0 3
0 456

If your looking to develop a Node.JS to Caché library then you might want to consider using a pure TCP connection with a custom message transport protocol. This bypasses the native Caché connector libraries that can get stale with a new release.

Node.JS is very good at non blocking code development, so building a performant solution isn't that complex.

5 0
2 765

Hi Community!

Join us at the FHIR event of the year in the US: the HL7 FHIR Dev Days 2018!
A unique chance to meet 400 colleagues and discuss all topics relating to your field.

InterSystems is proud to be the Host Sponsor of HL7 FHIR Dev Days for its first U.S. edition, Boston, June 19 – 21st! We support the HL7 FHIR standard as it is critical for rapid innovation. FHIR can be used as an accelerant to bring all the information that matters for a patent into a unified health record.

0 0
0 443

I need to create a document with a root like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RCMR_IN200002FI01 xmlns="urn:hl7-org:v3" ITSVersion="XML_1.0">

</RCMR_IN200002FI01>

However, the CreateDocument in %XML.Document only allows namespace as an additional argument.

I did override this method, but trying to do something like

Do document.SetAttribute("ITSVersion",,"XML_1.0") only results an empty document with the <?xml> declation only.

-Pasi-

0 1
0 518
Question
· May 4, 2018
Convert HL7 to PDF

Is there anything native in Ensemble that will support converting HL7 to PDF?

I see there are numerous examples in .Net and Java for this capability.

Dave

0 1
0 2.1K
Question
· May 4, 2018
How to use MS Exchange wsdl

Hi

We are trying to create a new operation wich gets a XML message and send it's contents in an email.

We've used the SOAP Wizard to generate the Proxy Classes but now we are a bit lost...

What we are trying to achieve is to Create appointments in a Outlook Calendar and send emails.

0 3
0 337

Any insights, news, alternatives or experience about sequence pattern querying like with Oracle's MATCH_RECOGNIZE, more declarative, less simple direct COS way? Both obvious solutions (shadowing data to oracle cloud or implementing MATCH_RECOGNIZE compiler in COS from scratch) seem big overkill. Do Intersystems have plans to adopt this "2007 ANSI standard proposal" and "SQL:2016 standard"

0 3
0 470
Question
· May 3, 2018
Custom %ListOfDataTypes

Hi community.

I want to create a custom list inheriting %ListOfDatatypes in order to implement some methods like Map, Filter, ForEach, but I have some questions.
Just to mention, I have already read the topic about DeclarativeCOS.

When I define a property like following, caché uses %Collection.ListOfDT or %Collection.ListOfObj, as it's shown in the documentation

0 1
0 609

I have a lookup table and record batch Table I would like to do a count on the records stored in that batch by counting the number of records in that batch that have a certain key on the responseKey column. This column keys are stored in the look up table for comparison. So I would like to do a join sql pivot that will use my keys stored in the lookup as columns and count as values

so far I have managed to do this but this is not efficient I would like to fire that sql once not on every count

0 1
0 1.3K

Hi Everyone!

Enjoy a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Sizing and Capacity Planning

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3dNBEzdB5W4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 334