Preview releases are now available for the 2020.1 version of InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health!
Kits and Container images are available via the WRC's preview download site.
The build number for these releases is 2020.1.0.199.0. (Note: first release was build 197, updated to 199 on 2/12/20)
InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2020.1 has many new capabilities including:
- Kernel Performance enhancements, including reduced contention for blocks and cache lines
- Universal Query Cache - every query (including embedded & class ones) now gets saved as a cached query
- Universal Shard Queue Manager - for scale-out of query load in sharded configurations
- Selective Cube Build - to quickly incorporate new dimensions or measures
- Security improvements, including hashed password configuration
- Improved TSQL support, including JDBC support
- Dynamic Gateway performance enhancements
- Spark connector update
- MQTT support in ObjectScript
(NOTE: this preview build does not include TLS 1.3 and OpenLDAP updates, which are planned for General Availability)
InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.1 includes all of the enhancements of InterSystems IRIS. In addition, this release includes:
- In-place conversion to IRIS for Health
- HL7 Productivity Toolkit including Migration Tooling and Cloverleaf conversion
- X12 enhancements
- FHIR R4 base standard support
As this is an EM (Extended Maintenance) release, customers may want to know the differences between 2020.1 and 2019.1. These are listed in the release notes:
Draft documentation can be found here:
The platforms on which InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2020.1 are supported for development and production are detailed in the Supported Platforms document.