InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,109 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi all (and specifically Eduard L. ;)

The Ensemble Workflow REST API provided here:

https://github.com/intersystems-ru/EnsembleWorkflow

(and mentioned before in this Community, also as the basis of the Angular UI, also available in the same Git)

Has some very basic documentation as to how to work with the API (which also seems to be possibly a little out-dated as I think the /login URL is deprecated, for example).

Is there somewhere a more comprehensive documentation of this API?

1 3
0 588

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

Plain $ZF(-1) and $ZF(-2) calls from Cache Studio or Terminal have stopped launching the OS shell from Win10.

cmd (Windows Command Prompt) should be launched.

Configuration:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Ensemble 2016.2.0.585.0 Developer Edition x64

Is this common? I have enabled both %Developer role and a Cache CallOut privilege for all users that operate in this scenario.

In Terminal, W $ZF(-1) prints -1, W $ZF(-2) prints -1

In Studio, W $ZF(-1) hangs the IDE, W $ZF(-2) prints 0

0 2
0 1.2K

How suitable is Docker for standalone deployment of an Ensemble version and Ensemble application together?

The context is deployment by an application partner of an integration application and the supporting Ensemble version as a single package (single file ideally), to multiple environments and to multiple customer sites.

I don't have experience with Ensemble on Docker so I'm wondering what gaps and pitfalls may exist.

3 8
0 1.5K
InterSystems Official
· Dec 7, 2016
Platform Compatibility: HP Open VMS
Post has been edited for clarification: Both HP Open VMS versions (for Itanium and for Alpha) are discontinued for future InterSystems releases.
Future product releases, beginning with the next major release after 2017.1, will no longer be offered for the following platforms:
HP OpenVMS for Itanium
HP OpenVMS for Alpha
Products: Caché, Ensemble
Expected Availability: next major release after 2017.1
3 1
0 1.1K

Hi-

I am trying to figure out how to compare two dimension values in a MDX query such that records where two dimension values are the same will be filtered out.

To test this, I have modified the HoleFoods cube in SAMPLES namespace to have a new dimension called RandomRegion

I want to create a MDX query where the [Outlet].[H1].[Region] value is not equal to the [RandomRegion].[H1].[RandomRegion] value.

Here's the query I need to add the filter to:

0 4
0 937
Article
· Dec 7, 2016 3m read
Enable CORS for CSP/ ZEN Applications

As web application gets more complex, more technologies are involved into the application development. Once it gets deployed in large scale the configuration gets more complex too. For sure one of the most difficult part of the story is the security. In a complex solution when independent servers are feeding single web pages with contents, it is indeed challenging to keep the integrity of such system. HTML5 introduced a (weak) security constraint, the Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS). This article tells how to enable CORS for CSP/ ZEN applications.

2 2
0 1.4K

Hi,

I was looking at the ENSDEMO namespace in our Ensemble server. In the class Demo.REST.DirectoryOperation, there is a line that uses the macro $$$URLENCODE. I would like to know exactly what does this macro $$$URLENCODE() do. Specifically what value does it. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about this macro in the Ensemble Documentation.

0 2
0 1.2K
Question
· Dec 7, 2016
Login Routine

Hi all,

Which routine use to get username and password (telnet) ?

cache version :Cache for Windows NT (Intel) 5.0.21 (Build 6408) Tue Jan 3 2006 13:28:20 EST

Thanks,

sansa.

0 1
0 324

Starting with 2017.1, InterSystems is adding Ubuntu (64-bit) as a third linux server platform. Prior to 2017.1 Ubuntu was already available as a development platform and customers could use InterSystems distributions build for SUSE to run on Ubuntu. As a result there are a few license key implications for 64-bit linux versions starting with Caché and Ensemble 2017.1:

a) Customers using RedHat will observe no changes

b) Customers using InterSystems products(1) for SUSE on SUSE will need new license keys (no charge)

9 13
0 1.2K

Hello. When you export and then import a table of data, is the import smart enough to figure out if a row already exists in the new namespace, and if so update the row rather than just save/add the row?

For example, we have a table in DEV, and the same table in QA. The DEV table has more fields than QA. When we moved up the class, the field definitions went with the table into QA, so now the table definition is the same in both.

0 2
0 494

When using Studio, ODBC or a terminal connection to Caché or Ensemble, you may have wondered how to secure the connection. One option is to add TLS (aka SSL) to your connection. The Caché client applications - TELNET, ODBC and Studio - all understand how to add TLS to the connection. They just need to be configured to do it.

Configuring these clients is easier in 2015.1 and later. I'm going to be discussing this new method. If you're already using the old, legacy method, it will continue to work, but I would recommend you consider switching to the new one.

25 7
3 5.6K

How are we doing THIS year versus the same period LAST year?
This is a common need in Business Intelligence. In fact, many design specifications for reports make use of a comparison between a selected period (year, quarter, etc) up to a certain date (for example November 15th, 2016) and a summary of the same information for the previous year (i.e. up to November 15th, 2015).
This post shows how to implement this in DeepSee.

6 8
0 1.7K

Enterprises need to grow and manage their global computing infrastructures rapidly and efficiently while simultaneously optimizing and managing capital costs and expenses. Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) computing and storage services meet the needs of the most demanding Caché based application by providing
 a highly robust global computing infrastructure.

15 0
4 8K
Question
· Dec 5, 2016
Problem in Telnet

Hello folks,

We have recently upgraded the cache (5.x) to cache 2016. All are working perfectly. But i am struggling in Telnet.

Working Good,

when i connect to telnet it automatically gets the username(for example when we give the system ip addr(148.168.2.50), the ip address is taken as username) and directly goto the Password field in Telnet on old cache (5.x).

Now my problem is,

I can't get the same from my new upgrade instance 2016. When i connect to telnet it directly goes to username field but not to password field.

0 5
0 474

Hello,

I've created a SOAP webservice in HealthShare following the documention.

When I get the wsdl definition and try to import it into a tool like 'SOAPUI' or a java framework like netbeans, I get errors.

The wsdl seems to be bad...

What I have to check?

Thanx

BN

0 2
0 813
Question
· Dec 5, 2016
Defragmentation

All replies are appreciated. We have put our first client into our production cache database and we are looking at what kind of regular maintenance is needed. We were questioning whether we should defrag the database files using windows defrag program and whether we need to run the defrag for Globals regularly? Should we be doing these routinely , occasionally or not at all?

0 1
0 571

Hello All,

we have recently upgraded our network humming along 10gb across the board and we're curious as to how or if it is ok to backup cache over smb or to another network drive of that sort. instead of writing directly to local disk. (vmware environment)

0 4
0 474
Question
· Dec 2, 2016
How to remove accentuation?

How to remove accentuation of a word?

Ex:

Árvore = Arvore

você = voce

Então = entao

The words above are in brazilian portuguese, I need to get rid with the accentuation such that I can compare two sentences.

Thanks in advance.

0 5
0 800

We don't often use SQL within our org, which is mostly due to the performance issue we experience due to the quantity of data we are reviewing.

Aside from the standard performance measures for non-Caché databases, are there any recommended approaches when querying large tables?

The table would have roughly 50M records, but there are not a finite amount of sub-nodes.

0 7
0 918

Hi all,

I am looking for an implementation idea for displaying a large amount of data received from a webservice. This data are essentialy HL7-Message as a GlobalCharacter Stream and some metadata (status,processed,timecreated etc.).

Since I need sorting functionalities for those metadata a tablepane in a zen page seems to be suitable. i know there are different ways to provide data for the table but in this case it´s complicated to get them data fetched.

Consider the following steps

0 1
0 353
Article
· Dec 1, 2016 2m read
Atelier Equivalents for Studio Actions
TaskStudio ActionAtelier EquivalentAtelier Keyboard ShortcutSee also ...
Display line numbers.View > Show Line NumbersWindow > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Show line numbersCTRL+,Atelier Editor Features: Line Numbers
Code completion assistanceImmediately suggests completions as you type, unless explicitly disabled.You must type CTRL+SPACE to invoke content assist.CTRL+SPACEEditor Content Assist
5 0
0 628