InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 20,206 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Importing Relational Data Using a DDL Script

https://www.youtube.com/embed/owUeiGtLixE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 267

Hi,

Is there a way to insert new Key/Value in an existing lookup Table via a DTL code? The only thing I found in the documentation is that we could use the following command SELECT KeyName,DataValue FROM Ens_Util.LookupTable WHERE TableName = 'myTab'. In the meantime I just created a table and used it in my DTL to insert new values and validate if the Key exist.

Regards

0 2
0 609

Integrating Cache with .net may be difficult, as we need to know both technologies and tools involved. Let’s follow the simplest possible example and see the pitfalls lurking on our way.

1. Creating .Net Assembly

.Net assembly is unit that contains compiled code and other resources.

Let’s create the simplest .Net assembly that will contain the code we want to execute.

We will use assembly of type Class Library, as we will use classes and their methods contained within. This type of assembly has .dll extension.

4 12
0 1.8K

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Modern(izing) Full Stack Development on InterSystems IRIS @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wMMRprv_4_4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 2
1 470

Hi guys,

Suppose I have a JSON string as below:

{"MessageID":"11111","save_date1":"2022-02-02 01:01:34","Sender_ID1":"esb","sent_date2":"1985-12-11 11:42:00"}

The two date variables are all formatted as ODBC date time, when I tried to import it to a %JSON.Adapter object, the date format was rejected as below

Error #9406:Unexpected format for value of field, save_date1, using class base mapping

Thus I'm trying to format all possible ODBC date time in the incoming JSON with Regular expression:

0 2
0 311

I need to split existing tables from database and put some parts of them into a new namespace. I dont know where to start, other than the installer.cls file. If you can provide clear instructions i would be greatful.

Example:

I have NAMESPACE=NEWTEST and DB

The i need to take TABLES from that DB pull specific data from them and bind it to NEWTEST

0 5
0 258

InterSystems announces another developer preview release, as part of the developer preview program for the 2022.3. Many updates and enhancements have been added in 2022.3 and there are also brand new capabilities, such as the new FHIR SQL Builder, improvements for Columnar Storage, and support to Oracle Linux 9. Some of these features or improvements may not be available in this current developer preview.

1 9
0 492
InterSystems Official
· Jan 10, 2023
InterSystems Package Manager 0.5.2 release

We have just released a minor update to the package manager, which has been renamed from ZPM to IPM as I explained in November. It purely a bug fix release, properly interpreting ROBOCOPY return codes and fixing a regression that prevented installation of certain packages.

Get it here:

https://github.com/intersystems/ipm/releases/tag/v0.5.2

2 0
0 338

Hello!

I'm new to the system I'm working on, and I have a part of a statement that needs to grab the previous month.

....and MONTH(TX3.date_of_service)= MONTH(dateadd(mm,-1,GETDATE()))

However, when it hits January, I'm left with month 0.

Does anyone know a workaround to grab December of the previous year, while still functioning normally for the rest of the current year.

Thank you!

0 4
0 173
Article
· Jan 10, 2023 4m read
Columnar Storage in 2022.3

As you may well remember from Global Summit 2022 or the 2022.2 launch webinar, we're releasing an exciting new capability for including in your analytics solutions on InterSystems IRIS. Columnar Storage introduces an alternative way of storing your SQL table data that offers an order-of-magnitude speedup for analytical queries. First released as an experimental feature in 2022.2, the latest 2022.3 Developer Preview includes a bunch of updates we thought were worth a quick post here.

9 2
3 681

I am familiar with $TEXT which can get you any line in the current routine provided you know the offset. For example, $T(+1) will get you the first line of the current routine at the run time. In the same vein, how do I reference the current line number/offset at the run time? Something like $T(+$CURRENTLINENUMBER) where $CURRENTLINENUMBER is not yet known to me function. The sample below would write 3 as the line number.

RTNNAME
S A=1
W $CURRENTLINENUMBER

1 13
1 481

Hi Developers,

This December, you posted 60 new questions on the Developer Community:

Questions

200 Best Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone

0 0
0 196

Date range queries going too slow for you? SQL Performance got you down? I have one weird trick that might just help you out! (SQL Developers hate this!)*

If you have a class that records timestamps when the data is added, then that data will be in sequence with your IDKEY values - that is, TimeStamp1 < TimeStamp2 if and only if ID1 < ID2 for all IDs and TimeStamp values in table - then you can use this knowledge to increase performance for queries against TimeStamp ranges. Consider the following table:

18 9
1 29.8K

Has anybody tried to write custom code to empty out queues when Interoperability shuts down? We run IRIS in Kubernetes cluster and we have compute pods scaling up and down. We have Message Bank operation to keep all messages in one place. We want to see all messages in Message Bank.

1 3
0 259