InterSystems Official
· Jan 10, 2023
InterSystems Package Manager 0.5.2 release

We have just released a minor update to the package manager, which has been renamed from ZPM to IPM as I explained in November. It purely a bug fix release, properly interpreting ROBOCOPY return codes and fixing a regression that prevented installation of certain packages.

Get it here:

https://github.com/intersystems/ipm/releases/tag/v0.5.2

2 0
0 302

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video, specially recorded by @José Pereira for the InterSystems IRIS AI Programming Contest:

Monitoring your ML model with IntegratedML

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KUjcpp5_a0w
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 171

Setting up Management Portal Help Pages for Full WebServers

On each page of the System Management Portal, there is a “Help” button. This takes users to an article in documentation that describes the page functionality and use.

Caché provides local documentation for all of these articles.

InterSystems IRIS does not provide local documentation. Instead, the Help button will redirect users to the articles in the online documentation at docs.intersystems.com.

4 0
0 508

Is your development team following best practice now that source control and continuous integration testing are better supported by InterSystems new IDE Atelier?

Many teams are turning to Git as their version control system of choice because it never locks files, among other reasons. These teams may also be following a multi-server development workflow where changes are migrated from a DEV server to a TEST server to a PROD server. How should these teams organize their repository given this configuration?

4 0
0 1.2K

We're electrified to invite all our clients, partners, developers, and community members to our in-person InterSystems Global Summit 2023!

Our Global Summit user conference is your opportunity to connect with trailblazing product developers, fellow users pushing our technology into new frontiers, and the people whose out-of-box thinking is rocking our universities and board rooms. All in the same space. And registration is now open!

➡️ InterSystems Global Summit 2023

🗓 Dates: June 4-7, 2023

📍 Location: The Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, Florida, USA

5 0
0 915

Hi Community,

Watch this video to learn about InterSystems FHIR Server, the turnkey FHIR data solution that empowers FHIR application developers to focus on building life-changing healthcare applications:

⏯️ What is InterSystems FHIR Server

https://www.youtube.com/embed/O3Er84CGcoc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 356

Hi Community:

As you may know, I am the person who does the program and scheduling for our Global Summit sessions, so I can give you a sneak peek at our agenda before it is published.

I'm happy to report that we will have two special, four-hour workshops on Sunday, June 4, which is the day you arrive to register in Hollywood, Florida.

2 0
0 190

A request came from a customer to estimate how long it would take to encrypt a database with cvencrypt utility.

This question is a little bit like how long is a piece of string — it depends. But its an interesting question. The answer primarily depends on the performance of CPU and storage on the target platform the customer is using, so the answer is more about coming up with a simple methodology that can be used to benchmark the CPU and storage while running cvencrypt.

6 0
1 963

This is a series of programming challenges for beginners and experienced Caché programmers.

For an introduction : go to article https://community.intersystems.com/post/advent-code-2016-day1-no-time-ta...

The challenge of day 16 is about generating random data using a modified version of a dragon curve (you can find more info on fractal curves like Dragon here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_curve).

0 0
0 311

This week I was able to demo a proof of concept for our FMS interface on traffic cop architecture to my team. We are working on modernizing an Interoperability production running on mirrored Health Connect instances. We deploy IRIS workloads on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform using InterSystems Kubernetes Operator (IKO). We can define any number of replicas for the compute stateful set where each compute pod runs our Interoperability production. We introduced Horizontal Pod Autoscaler (HPA) to scale up the number of compute pods based on memory or CPU utilization.

5 0
0 331
Article
· Apr 16, 2023 4m read
Tuples ahead

Overview

Cross-Skilling from IRIS objectScript to Python it becomes clear there are some fascinating differences in syntax.

One of these areas was how Python returns Tuples from a method with automatic unpacking.

Effectively this presents as a method that returns multiple values. What an awesome invention :)

out1, out2 = some_function(in1, in2)

ObjectScript has an alternative approach with ByRef and Output parameters.

Do ##class(some_class).SomeMethod(.inAndOut1, in2, .out2)

Where:

3 0
0 422

Several steps should be done in order to secure the connection through xDBC clients to an IRIS Server instance using TLS. Most of the information can be obtained from the documentation about TLS on IRIS here, about configuring the security layer for encrypted connections. In the next paragraphs we will cover an step-by-step guide on how to configure and test the connection using SQL Clients apps using ODBC and JDBC.

2 0
1 480

Good day, Developer Community!

As you know we have Company listings on Open Exchange. It lets publishing Open Exchange applications on behalf of companies so one can check which solutions in certain industries are being provided by companies.

Sometimes people are also looking for qualitative and proven implementation or consulting services on InterSystems products: IRIS, Caché, Ensemble, or HealthShare.

And recently we introduced a new option on Open Exchange to list the services your company provides related to InterSystems technology: implementation, consulting etc.

How to do that?

Open your company profile in the Services tab and create a service. Choose the type of service and give a description of what the service is about and why it is worth ordering it. Instructions.

Then publish the service by sending it for approval.

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 16 24 36

3 0
0 182

You may have already heard that, starting with IRIS and HealthShare HealthConnect 2023.2 versions, the internal Apache Server will be removed from the default installation, so it will be necessary to have an external application server such as Apache Server or NGINX.

In this article I am going to proceed to install a HealthShare HealthConnect 2023.1 so that it works with a pre-installed Apache Server. For this I will use a virtual machine on which I have installed an Ubuntu 22.04.

2 0
2 274
Article
· Jan 19, 2018 3m read
DigitalOcean API implementation

Recently DigitalOcean introduced new plans for droplets, but as existing droplets stayed on the old plans I decided to use API to resize them automatically. After reading tutorial, I wrote partial client for DigitalOcean API, which I would like to share today.

3 0
1 395

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm not that familiar in using Javascript in Zen pages, so basically we have a priting utility (app) that requires us to add a bit of JavaScript call to facilitate printing from our Zen pages as below:

So I added XData link pasted the required script, is this the correct way?

Thanks

0 0
0 99