Announcements

I am trying to explore some new possibilities outside of the normal day to day HL7 interfacing we do. I have only done 1 other Web Service interface but it was using a SOAP proxy wizard. Now I am tasked with trying to make a call to an external API 

https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/api/

Last answer 1 December 2018
+ 3   2 5

views

+ 3

rating

Hi Community!

New session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

An Outlook on Scaling Out

0   0 1

comments

views

rating

The following code walks a DOM using %XML.Node. It also prevents %XML.Writer to change whitespace. Run the code using the class method "test":

Class objectscript.walkDOM Extends %Persistent
{
    ClassMethod dfs(node As %XML.Node)
    {
        s entrynode=node.NodeId
        do {
        //element nodes with one whitespacetyped child are the ones we want to change
        if (node.NodeType=$$$xmlELEMENTNODE){
            s snode=node.NodeId     
            if (node.MoveToFirstChild())            
                {
                    i ('node.MoveToNextSibling()){
                        i (node.NodeType=$$$xmlWHITESPACENODE){
                            s node.NodeType=$$$xmlTEXTNODE
                            s node.NodeId=snode
                        }
                    }
            }
            s node.NodeId=snode     
        }   
        if (node.HasChildNodes()){
            d node.MoveToFirstChild()
            d ..dfs(node)
        }
        } while (node.NodeType'="" && node.MoveToNextSibling())
        s node.NodeId=entrynode

}

ClassMethod test()
    {
      set xml = "abcdefg"

s reader=##class(%XML.Reader).%New()
      do reader.OpenString(xml)  
      set writer = ##class(%XML.Writer).%New()
      //do some magic
      d ..dfs(reader.Document)

w !,"with indent=1:",!
      set writer.Indent = 1
      do writer.OutputToString()
      do writer.Document(reader.Document)
      w writer.GetXMLString()
      set writer.Indent = 0
      w !,"with indent=0:",!
      do writer.OutputToString()
      do writer.Document(reader.Document)
      w writer.GetXMLString()
    }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub: https://github.com/intersystems-community/code-snippets/blob/master/src/...

0   0 2

comments

views

rating

Hi Community!

Thank you for being with InterSystems Developer Community yet another year! We appreciate it very much!

We want to know how helpful DC for you today and how could we make it better. 

Could you please go through this short 5 min survey which will let us know what do you think about DC and what could be improved.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Sincerely, 

Your InterSystems Developer Community Team

+ 1   0 1

comments

views

+ 1

rating

InterSystems products (IRIS, Caché, Ensemble) already include a built-in Apache web server. But the built-in server is designed for the development and administration tasks and thus has certain limitations. Though you may find some useful workarounds for these limitations, the more common approach is to deploy a full-scale web server for your production environment. This article describes how to set up Apache to work with InterSystems products and how to provide HTTPS access. We will be using Ubuntu, but the configuration process is almost the same for all Linux distributions.

Last comment 25 December 2018
+ 5   7 4

views

+ 5

rating

Some weeks ago, I was reading a book by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow, The Grand Design. At a certain point, trying to define why do we exist? , why do we use the models we use in physics?, ...those kind of things you know... they pointed at the Game of Life example invented by the mathematician John Coward in 1970... Basically he wanted to show that a system with really basic fundamental laws (Physics) could evolve and "live" to become a more complex system (Chemistry) in which "something" (humans) could work out its own model and complex rules to explain its reality… the rules for this deterministic model that he exposed were so basic that I thought it could be funny to implement them in ObjectScript when I had some spare time... there are others implementations in JavaScript and other languages... but not in ObjectScript... and that had to be corrected!!… so here you are!

Last comment 25 December 2018
+ 7   2 5

views

+ 7

rating

The goal of this article is to give users of InterSystems products background on source control in general, and how it can be used with Atelier, an Eclipse plugin. Specifically, I'll be discussing what to do when all of your developers share a single dev instance of an InterSystems product where they can edit and compile code.

Last comment 23 December 2018
+ 2   2 2

views

+ 2

rating

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Alexa: Connect Me with the World of IoT

+ 1   1 1

comments

views

+ 1

rating

I've been looking at the idea of developing a Time Travel Debugger utility.

It would take a debug target and have a few options such as stack depth and disclude system code.

The debugger would either be started from an external tool, or triggered from a line of code inserted into a method that I want to record.

The debugger would execute the code from start to end and record the full stack on each step to the configured depth.

Last answer 20 December 2018 Last comment 20 December 2018
0   0 2

views

rating

I want to test automatically that HL7 business operation works correctly in error conditions. One is to test CE acknowledgement. I have planned to implement test production which includes business services for different situations (AA, AE, CA, CE, timeout, late response etc).

How should I implement HL7 business service that always returns CE (commit error)? I have tried but it keeps returning "AA".

Last answer 19 December 2018
+ 1   0 3

comments

views

+ 1

rating

A very simple SQL

SELECT field1 F1, count(field2) CntF2
FROM GCT.PA_Data
where field1 is not null
group by field1

gives an error back:

[SQLCODE: <-461>:<Communication link failure>]

[%msg: <Connection 'TRAKCARELIVE': Execute: SQLState: (HY000) NativeError: [10053] Message: [Cache ODBC][State : HY000][Native Code 10053] [c:\intersystems\ensemble\bin\cache.exe] Software caused connection abort> ]

Last answer 12 December 2018 Last comment 14 December 2018
0   0 4

views

rating

In Persistent class, a data global is created which holds the data similar to the table created . Through terminal we can add more records to this table according to the structure of the table. How are the records reflected back into the table which has been set at global . In other words How are the global mapped to the SQL table?

Last answer 19 December 2018 Last comment 19 December 2018
0   0 1

views

rating

I am unable to connect to InterSystems ODBC client. I am seeing the following error:

[Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] Access denied.

$cnx = new PDO("odbc:Driver={InterSystems ODBC};Server=<IP>;Uid=<id>;Pwd=<password>;");

Am i doing anything wrong?

Although, I can successfully connect and retrieve data in MS Excel using ODBC connection where I have configured my DSN and all

Last answer 19 December 2018
0   0 2

comments

views

rating

This article was written as an attempt to share the experience of installing the InterSystems Caché DBMS for production environment.
We all know that the development configuration of a DBMS is very different from real-life conditions.
As a rule, development is carried out in “hothouse conditions” with a bare minimum of security measures, but when we publish our project online, we must ensure its reliable and uninterrupted operation in a very aggressive environment.

Last comment 19 December 2018
+ 6   4 6

views

+ 6

rating

Hi,

We are using Cache 5.0,  we use Cache telnet and Other emulator (using telnet connection) to launch the applications.

Is there a way to identify the  type of device is used?.  Based on the emulator  I can few custom changes to be applied.

Thanks and Regards,

Sankar

Last answer 18 December 2018
0   1 1

comments

views

rating

The question has come up several times and I saw mixed answers and no quick example

My personal preference is using CPIPE device as you get back exactly the output you will get at the command line interface of your OS .
The tricky thing is to stop reading in time.
The example just displays what you normally see in your console.
it becomes useful if you look for things that you can't get from any $system.whatever()

Last comment 18 December 2018
+ 9   3 1

views

+ 9

rating