Announcements

Hi everyone,

are you curious which topics we are going to cover at this year’s Global Summit? You have come to the right place! I will provide you with a sneak peek of what you can expect from the areas I am responsible for.

Last comment 5 September 2018
+ 5   1 3

views

+ 5

rating

Good day,

Is there a way to change the theme in management portal? or at least the color of the header.

Issue is, some users have access to Development and Testing and Production environments. I would like a way to color-differentiate the environments to reduce the errors. 

Last answer 1 August 2019 Last comment 1 August 2019
0   0 4

views

rating

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this type of question, but I'm running out of ideas.

For reasons beyond my control, we run a version of Intersystems Caché (2013.1) that is not supported by Atelier. As such, I use Caché Studio to do my development.
The issue I have is, I don't run Windows or MAC, but Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 in my case). I've successfully managed to get Studio working using Wine and pretty much everything is usable. 

Last answer 4 June 2018 Last comment 26 July 2019
0   0 4

views

rating

Hello,

I'm trying to set Caché-Python Binding on Mac, but there is a problem.

I performed installation and configuration of Caché-Python binding module based on the manual (URL)
including setting of PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in "bash_profile", 
and they seems to be done successfully (there was no error in the process).

Last answer 30 August 2018 Last comment 25 January 2019
0   0 2

views

rating

InterSystems supports use of the InterSystems IRIS Docker images it provides on Linux only. Rather than executing containers as native processes, as on Linux platforms, Docker for Windows creates a Linux VM running under Hyper-V, the Windows virtualizer, to host containers. These additional layers add complexity that prevents InterSystems from supporting Docker for Windows at this time.

+ 10   2 10

views

+ 10

rating

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

Last comment 22 May 2019
+ 2   1 6

views

+ 2

rating

Hi all. Today we are going to upload a ML model into IRIS Manager and test it.

Note: I have done the following on Ubuntu 18.04, Apache Zeppelin 0.8.0, Python 3.6.5.

Introduction

These days many available different tools for Data Mining enable you to develop predictive models and analyze the data you have with unprecedented ease. InterSystems IRIS Data Platform provide a stable foundation for your big data and fast data applications, providing interoperability with modern DataMining tools. 

Last comment 17 May 2019
+ 5   2 3

views

+ 5

rating

Hi Community!  

Check the second Developer Community Video of the week:

Docker Containers: Essential Knowledge

Last comment 13 May 2019
+ 1   0 5

views

+ 1

rating

Terminal scripts can be used to run pre-designed commands on the terminal, like a batch file.  You can write anything that can be executed on terminal, like for loop, if else and so on,  inside Terminal scripts. In this article, I will show you how to call Terminal scripts, how to use parameters in Terminal scripts and how to avoid session disconnected when running Terminal scripts. If you have any information about how to use Terminal scripts or you have any feedback, please feel free to leave a comment.

Last comment 23 April 2019
+ 4   2 3

views

+ 4

rating

Hi,

I have a global that holds users name and date of birth.

I would like to loop through them and check if the date of birth is more than 2 years based on todays date

so I have ^checker("under2", "Eric David", "02-05-2018")

I want to check the birthdate based on todays date to see if it is greater than 2. How do I access the birthdate in the global

Please can you advice

I tried :

Last answer 6 December 2018 Last comment 19 April 2019
0   0 6

views

rating

Hi,
We recover a large amount of data from an external database (SQLServer, about 1 million rows in JDBC).
However, we have treatment time issue.
This process takes more than 30 minutes whereas on a "classic" SQL Server Management Studio type request takes less than a minute.

Last answer 20 September 2018 Last comment 18 April 2019
0   1 5

views

rating

I needed to know programmatically if last ran failed or not.

After some exploring, here's the code:

ClassMethod isLastTestOk() As %Boolean
{
  set in = ##class(%UnitTest.Result.TestInstance).%OpenId(^UnitTest.Result)
  for i=1:1:in.TestSuites.Count() {
    #dim suite As %UnitTest.Result.TestSuite
    set suite = in.TestSuites.GetAt(i)
    return:suite.Status=0 $$$NO
  }
  quit $$$YES
}

Last comment 13 April 2019
+ 1   1 4

views

+ 1

rating

Index to Articles

Hi All

It's been 6 weeks since my original article sad
- - - - -but I have been busy on this project smiley

I have been looking at/thinking about a replacement for ZEN for around 12 months but only really started in depth 4 months ago.
Also been in IT for long enough that I can "get a feel" for a product/technology and make decisions accordingly without going into great detail. 
Any new technology has a learning curve and I don't want to waste time and effort on something that won't fly. 
And, as always, I am looking to minimise the learning curve as I want to concentrate on delivering business benefit. 

Last comment 11 April 2019
+ 15   0 4

views

+ 15

rating

Index to Articles

Published 2018-05-11 Last edit -

Hi All

I this article I detail some strategic issues that a new development UI will need to address - these are the ones that I can think of now - others may come to light during this journey.

See the webinar by Eduard Lebedyuk here from the last Global Summit describing  modern web development and Caché

And, as always, if I have missed something please comment....

Last comment 8 April 2019
+ 13   2 6

views

+ 13

rating

Hi All
This is the index to a series of articles I hope to create over the coming months.

ZEN and ZEN Mojo are no longer being actively developed by Intesystems - this is a great shame as it is a fine product that works so well for business applications.
However ZEN is a 15 year old product and I need a path forward to replace the ZEN UI with a supported development framework.

This article is an index of the other articles I have, or plan to write. - the articles will be subject to change as I develop my thoughts and climb the learning curve.

Last comment 5 April 2019
+ 12   0 7

views

+ 12

rating

Hi Community

I have created a simple package that allows the use of Cache with the Laravel Framework.

From my initial testing everything seems to be operating smoothly but I would like to appeal to the PHP users in the community to help me improve this package.

For those of you out there who have time and would be interested in this, please visit the repo at https://github.com/jeandormehl/laracache

Thanks in advance

Last comment 25 March 2019
+ 4   3 3

views

+ 4

rating

InterSystems states that Caché supports at least three data models – relational, object and hierarchical (globals). On can work with data presented in relational model in a program written on C# the same way one works with any other relational DB. To work with data presented by object model in C# one needs to use .NET Managed Provider or some kind or ORM. And starting with version 2012.2 one can work directly with globals (or use direct access to hierarchical data) via Caché eXTreme for .NET

Last comment 19 March 2019
+ 4   2 5

views

+ 4

rating