InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,854 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

In time for InterSystems Global Summit 2019 we at George James Software are pleased to offer a cloud-hosted evaluation environment where you can work with Serenji in Visual Studio Code, editing and debugging ObjectScript in a sandbox running InterSystems IRIS 2019.3 Community edition.

You can do it all from your web browser. Nothing will be installed on your workstation, nor will any settings have to be changed on it.

To take Serenji for a test drive please visit https://georgejames.com/dc-gitpod

2 2
1 311

Hi there,

I'm passing a JSON object to the server as such:

{"key":"value","key":"value","key":"value"}

From the client:

- Build object

object=JSON.stringify(object)

-pass to server side method as %String

On the server:

s object={}.FromJSON(object)

Instead of getting something like

object=<OBJECT REFERENCE>[2@%Library.DynamicObject]

I get

object="991@%Library.DynamicObject"

I can't access that object using %Get as if says invalid OREF.

0 5
0 311

Hello, everyone,

InterSystems Certification has designed another certification exam and we need input from our community to help to validate its topics. Here's your chance to have your say in what makes an expert in system administration with InterSystems Caché or IRIS. And, yes, we'd like to hear from you Caché admins!

Here's the exam title and the definition:

3 1
0 311
Question
· Apr 17, 2017
Overide trigger

Hello everyone.

I have some issue with trigger. I have class where I defined 3 triggers (UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE). These triggers are Foreach = row/object. In my currently task, I need overide this triggers in children class. is It possible to do it?

Thank you for your help.

1 4
0 311

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to find out how to have one Web Gateway route to multiple servers Management Portal. The only thing that I have come up with so far is to potentially make different routes per server?

I have a development, test, and production server and I want to use the same Gateway server using IIS to do SSL/TLS encryption for the CSP pages.

Any ideas or recommendations to pull this off?

0 4
0 311
Article
· Jul 30, 2022 5m read
Introduction to Django part 3

Continuing to observe the possibilities of Django, and usage with IRIS. The first we have looked how to define models and connect to tables already existing in IRIS, than we extended embedded Django Administration portal, with an ability to see what data we have in that models, with filters, editing and even pagination.

Time to go to real action, now we a going to create some REST API, on Django, based on the same data, we used before from the package posts-and-tags.

To do so, we will use Django REST Framework

Django REST Framework

Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.

Some reasons you might want to use REST framework:

• The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
  • Authentication policies including packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2.
  • Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
  • Customizable all the way down - just use regular function-based views if you don't need the more powerful features.
  • Extensive documentation, and great community support.
  • Used and trusted by internationally recognised companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Heroku, and Eventbrite.

4 0
0 311

Hello,

Need some technique to solve an issue about zen page table.

- "xyz" table exists in all my namespaces.

I have a simple Zen page in "USER 1" namespace. It has a tablepane which pulls data from "xyz" table.

OnLoad of the page i want the zenpage to pull the data from "USER 2" namespace with same "xyz" table name.

Zenpage has to be in "USER 1" namespace

1 10
2 311

Hi Everyone,

Are you ready yet? Have you packed all you'll need for the summit? And don't forget the needed power-socket adapters if you come from outside the US!

Have you signed up for the Container Bootcamp on Sunday? Or one of the various Experience Labs, the many informative sessions and one of the symposia on Wednesday afternoon?

Again, there is a mobile app for attendees that should help you keep it all under control and even allow you to book time with InterSystems personnel for a one-on-one deep-dive on whatever you need.

4 1
0 311

I am demonstrating a use case of how we can create an IRIS Interoperability Production for special use in an external language. InterSystems IRIS, within Interoperability has a framework called Production Extension (PEX), using which we can create productions and program them as per their purpose using external languages like Java, Python etc, and also develop custom inbound and outbound adapters to communicate with other applications.

6 5
0 311
Article
· Sep 26, 2023 1m read
Create JSON Objects and Arrays by SQL

The related package avoids adding %JSONAdaptor to each class but uses instead
SQL functions JSON_OBJECT() to create my JSON objects. With this approach, you can
add JSON to any class - even deployed ones - without any need for change or recompiling.

The trigger was the Export of M:N relationships as JSON objects or arrays.

11 0
0 310

Hi community,

I am in the process of building a React Native Application for a restaurant.

I am not quite sure if we can use IRIS as the main database for this and if there is a possibility I am not quite sure how to do it.

If there is a possibility could some one help me out with it please?

Or do you think using AWS is a better choice?

Please let me know your ideas and guidelines in the comments or please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Hoping to hear soon.

Regards.

0 2
1 310
Article
· Dec 19, 2023 8m read
VIP in Azure

If you're running IRIS in a mirrored configuration for HA in Azure, the question of providing a Mirror VIP (Virtual IP) becomes relevant. Virtual IP offers a way for downstream systems to interact with IRIS using one IP address. Even when a failover happens, downstream systems can reconnect to the same IP address and continue working.

The main issue, when deploying to Azure, is that an IRIS VIP has a requirement of IRIS being essentially a network admin, per the docs.

To get HA, IRIS mirror members must be deployed to different availability zones in one subnet (which is possible in Azure as subnets can span several zones). One of the solutions might be load balancers, but they, of course, cost extra, and you need to administrate them.

In this article, I would like to provide a way to configure a Mirror VIP without the using Load Balancers suggested in most other Azure reference architectures.

8 1
3 310

Hi Community!

Are you in Dubai on October 10-13? Join us at the Global DevSlam conference for developers with 15,000 participants expected in person!

📍Let's meet here: Hall 9, Stand № H9-E30

🌟 We will host the event: "The hands-on workshop on InterSystems IRIS Data Platform"
Speaker: @Guillaume Rongier, Sales Engineer at InterSystems
October 10, 2pm - 3:30pm
Register here

❕We have free promo passes for our Community Members, partners, and customers. Please drop me a line if you are willing to attend!

5 4
0 310

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new session recording from Global Summit 2017:

What's Lurking in Your Data Lake?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FGr5CAyWcGY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 310

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems Deployment Options @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBpCPwLclUY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 310