Question
· Jun 21, 2016
Atelier - newbie troubles

I have just imported our Ensemble project (not a really big one, like two man-years) into my MacBook Air Ensemble 2016.3 instance to test many things (document model, etc.), Atelier among the others.

The "Production view" is not here, and I miss it.

The opening of Diagram Editor for BP is pretty hidden. I would even like having a switch, which would default to the Diagram Editor.

Anytime I click on the Open Diagram Editor, it waits for a while, ten produces an error and only then I can see the diagram.

1 2
0 498
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,806 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Oct 24, 2016 4m read
DeepSee Troubleshooting Guide

The goal of this “DeepSee Troubleshooting Guide” is to help you track down and fix problems in your DeepSee project.

If the problem can’t be fixed by following the guidelines, you will at least have enough information to submit a WRC issue with DeepSee Support and provide all the evidence to us, so we can continue the investigation together and resolve it faster!

13 16
1 2.4K
Discussion
· Mar 3, 2016
Anyone using Visual Studio Code?

Is anyone in the fine community of developers who work with ISC technologies looking at Microsoft's Visual Studio Code offering?

One of Bill McCormick's recent posts about Atelier referred to Visual Studio being considered the best IDE. Granted, Code is far less of a tool than VS, and probably always will be. But it claims to be open source and cross-platform, i.e. Linux and OS X as well as Windows.

8 26
3 5K

EnsLib.HL7.Message.cls provides many API methods for manipulating an HL7 message. RemoveSegmentAt(), for example, can be used to remove a segment by path or index, but only one segment at a time. There may be times that you'll need to remove all segments within a group or even many groups of segments from the HL7 message. Surely you can iterate through each segment in each group and remove them one by one, but there's a much easier way.

With just one command, like below, you can remove all OBX segments in an ORU_R01 message (msg):

4 1
0 2.3K

Working on implementation FHIR to my project, I found interesting project HAPI-FHIR, which could help me to quickly launch my FHIR api server with InterSystems Caché as a storage, because this projects uses Hibernate to connect to database, as an example they use DerbyDB. I tried to change settings to use InterSystems Caché, but unfortunately it does not work and throw some errors inside HIbernate. As I found in Caché documentation, I have not some many options, I just have to set Cache dialect, and set database url.

2 13
0 1.6K
Article
· Feb 19, 2016 1m read
Simple WorkMgr example

Attached code contains a very basic $system.WorkMgr example.

It uses several jobs (workers) to update different chunks of rows of a table.

Steps:

• Creates a table with 100 records.
  • Split table in chunks
  • Initialize WorkMgr and queue chunks to workers.
    • Every worker simply sets its process number in the Job field of the processed row.

In this case, I have tested the example in a 8-core laptop:

1 1
0 804

I want to do some logic based on what environment code is running in. I can't find a built-in function to retrieve this so I'd like to write a custom function. Does anyone know of a command that would get the current environment?

0 9
0 644

All responses are appreciated. I am new to both scripting and CACHE so please bear with me. I am setting up a nightly backup script for freezing cache then backing it up and then thawing it back out. Currently when I enter the freeze command I am getting a response of access denied even though my id has %all access. I've tried passing the userid/password as a parameter in the externalfreeze command and passing it from a file. I've used my id and lastly I used the _system id in the file. What ID should I use for this or am I passing it wrong?

0 17
0 1K

Hi,

I ran the Cache ODBC Driver installer as Administrator on my Windows 7 PC this morning. It completed successfully with o indication of any issues. When I check installed programs and features via Win 7 Control Panel, I see it listed as Intersystems ODBC Driver 1.00.000.

However, when I try to configure the driver via Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Data Sources (ODBC), I cannot find it. The only driver listed under the Drivers Tab is SQL Server.

I am not sure how to proceed.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Bill

0 5
0 1.5K

In Atelier is there a way to configure automatic indent when typing open/close braces? From what I've found this is usually left to the language (e.g. Java > Editors) but I couldn't find a setting under the Atelier preferences.

For reference, this is what Studio does:

And here is Atelier:

Notice the return after the open-brace doesn't indent and the close-brace doesn't unindent.

4 3
0 545

For Global Summit 2016, I set out to showcase a Reference Architecture I had been working on for a National Provider Directory solution with State Level Instances and a National Instance all running HealthShare Provider Directory and all running on AWS Infrastructure.

In short, I wanted to highlight:

• The implementation of Amazon Web Services to provision the infrastructure, including the auto-creation of the state level instances through Cloud Formation.
  • The use of the HSPD Broadcast functionality to Notify Upstream Systems Changes in Master Provider Data.
  • The implementation of a transformation of the standard Broadcast Object to HL7 MFN for interoperability.
  • The principals of Master Data Management applied to the Provider Directory.

5 4
0 1.6K

Hello community!

At the global summit in Phoenix, we (Lite Solutions) will be presenting a tool performing static code analysis on ObjectScript source files. You can see it in action at this URL:

https://demo.cachequality.com

Technically, the tool is a language plugin over SonarQube (http://sonarqube.org) and consists of three main parts:

5 6
1 1.8K

Does anyone have any experience with getting, unfortunately, an older version of Cache to authenticate via SMTP to send email? I have verified that the settings are set up properly on the mailbox as I have successfully sent an email from a LAMP server, which comes from the same IP address.

If you have any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is the error I receive

ERROR #6034: SMTP server connection failed during MAIL FROM command: <READ>zSend+105^%Net.SMTP.1.

0 6
0 2.4K
Question
· May 6, 2016
Load a dll at run time

I am using java gateway imported/proxy classes and JG business service. I need to load a dll at run time.

I use System.loadLibrary/System.load when in java. I’ve tried $ZF(-3,” C:\Windows\System32\pteidlibj.dll”) and $ZF(-4,1,"C:\Windows\System32\pteidlibj.dll") but I’m getting <DYNAMIC LIBRARY LOAD> error.

How can I load a dll at run time using COS?

0 5
0 1.1K

I cannot connect to Cache from node.js

I have installed in Windows 10 the following: CACHE 2016, node.js v 4.4.7 and express .

- where can I get cache.node? The link in the Intersystmes documentation http://globalsdb.org/downloads/ doesn't work. I found cache0100.node and cache0120.node in my Cache instance's \bin directory. But I am not sure if I can use them or not.

- how to install cache.node ? Where do I place it exactly?

Can anyone recommend any tutorial or code example with installation instructions?

1 12
1 3.4K

What are the best steps for troubleshooting printing to a Windows printer from Cache. The printer has been configured in the Windows Printer Manager and has been able to print a test page (from the windows print manager).

The device has been configured in Cache -> Sys Admin -> Config -> Device Settings -> Devices with properly formatted |PRN|printer device name and "W" for open parameters and 101 for Alias.

0 2
0 482

++ Update: August 1, 2018

The use of the InterSystems Virtual IP (VIP) address built-in to Caché database mirroring has certain limitations. In particular, it can only be used when mirror members reside the same network subnet. When multiple data centers are used, network subnets are not often “stretched” beyond the physical data center due to added network complexity (more detailed discussion here). For similar reasons, Virtual IP is often not usable when the database is hosted in the cloud.

Network traffic management appliances such as load balancers (physical or virtual) can be used to achieve the same level of transparency, presenting a single address to the client applications or devices. The network traffic manager automatically redirects clients to the current mirror primary’s real IP address. The automation is intended to meet the needs of both HA failover and DR promotion following a disaster.

14 12
4 5.9K
Article
· Mar 10, 2016 2m read
New Book, Caché and MUMPS – Part II

New Book, Caché and MUMPS – Part II

By Paul Mike Kadow

Edited by Deborah Graham and John J. Mitchell

Go to http://cosmumps.org for a download of just the examples of the book and the table of contents.

From the Forward

InterSystems, from a humble beginning, has grown into a worldwide company with its flagship product, Caché, leading the way.

First, this book chronicles and explores some of the many areas InterSystems has grown into and has influenced over the years.

6 8
0 2.1K
Question
· Nov 1, 2016
WebSocket proxy to telnet

Is there any easy way to create a WebSocket to Telnet proxy within the Cache environment?

I would like to use a html5 telnet emulator to connect to cache, but need to create a proxy,

Is this a simple task?

0 8
0 1.4K

While testing Atelier 1.0.255 I noticed that the namespace subtree of my Atelier project used different icon shading for the top-level Classes folder compared with the top-level Routines one:

Drilling down into parts of the Wasabi package helped me work out the significance of white-filled icons versus brown-filled ones:

A package is white if there are no classes in it, but only subpackages.

1 8
0 483

Some of the templates in Atelier display "on" in the "Auto Insert" column. I can't figure out how they differ from the ones that aren't so marked. Some Googling suggests that it should insert without displaying the template popup if there is only one matching template. However, I see the popup every time.

0 5
0 375