At the global summit in Phoenix, we (Lite Solutions) will be presenting a tool performing static code analysis on ObjectScript source files. You can see it in action at this URL:
Technically, the tool is a language plugin over SonarQube (http://sonarqube.org) and consists of three main parts:
- parsing the language,
- collecting metrics,
- collecting issues.
The third point is where we kindly request for feedback.
Explanation: issues are the result of rules being triggered by inspecting the source files. But while we do have some experience with the language, this experience is too "fresh" for us to accurately estimate the severity/time to fix of such issues. The list of rules, along with their severity and time to fix can be found here:
We are eager for feedback:
- any replies to this thread will be answered promptly;
- if you are at Phoenix, you can wait until then... Or not :)
As to the feedback we seek:
- do you think a time to fix is overestimated/underestimated?
- do you think the severity is overestimated/underestimated?
- can the issue descriptions be improved?
- are there other rules you would like to see?
Looking forward to your answers!