InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,955 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi all

I've been looking into how to convert some images with IRIS and saw some recommendations on the forums around using image magick.

However I can't seem to get this working using ZF100 and on windows server and I'm wondering if I'm missing something really obvious as I've not used IRIS to call third party applications before.

If I run via a Windows CLI on the server, it works fine, e.g:

magick "D:\1221701739_20190716134351965_1_0.jpg" -resize 640x480 "D:\1221701739_20190716134351965_1_TEST.jpg

0 8
1 334

Hi Community!

It's time to announce the best articles on InterSystems Data Platforms you published in 2018!

And here are three best articles for the year (criteria is the number of views):

First place: K-Means clustering of the Iris Dataset, by Niyaz Khafizov 1564

Second place: Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Part I: Git, by Eduard Lebedyuk 1206

Third place: Replacing ZEN - Part 1 - Introduction, by Peter Cooper 933

Congrats to authors!

And what are the best articles by InterSystems Data Platforms?

See below

3 0
0 334

Starting installation
Starting up InterSystems IRIS for loading...
../bin/irisinstall -s . -B -c c -C /usr/irissys/iris.cpf*IRIS -W 1 -g2
Starting Control Process
Unable to allocate 242 MB shared memory...
Unable to allocate 232 MB shared memory...
Configuring minimum system...
Unable to allocate 139 MB shared memory...
Unable to allocate shared memory minimum of 139MB (errno=22)
Startup aborted.
Startup error. See messages.log for more information.
Call InterSystems Technical Support if you need assistance.

0 11
0 334

I am in the planning stages of making things more uniform in our routines and I would like to know what the easiest way would be to include an .inc at the beginning of each .mac routine. Has anyone written something that would open all routines and place something into the first row while leaving the rest of the routine unchanged? Thanks for any guidance you all may provide.

0 3
0 334
Question
· Mar 22, 2022
load and compile from java

Hi i am trying to load and compile one class from java . I am following this code. I am using iris 2021.2

irisConnection = (IRISConnection) DriverManager
.getConnection("jdbc:IRIS://10.20.30.40:51773/MYNAMESPACE", "username", "password");
iris = IRIS.createIRIS(irisConnection);
iris.classMethodStatusCode("%SYSTEM.OBJ", "Load", "/filePath/SumanPramodTest.test3.CLS.xml","/displaylog=0 /displayerror=0");

0 5
0 334

Hi,

I was understanding the cluster configuration supported by the Cache. Have couple of queries around that:

1. In Cache version 2018.2, there is a shrading concept which splits the data of a Master Data server into multiple small data server which store shraded data.

1 3
0 334

Multi-tap or multi-press is the name given to the historic technique of writing SMS on the first mobile phones with a keyboard of 10-12 numeric keys.
For example, to type LOL you need to press 5 three times, 6 three times and 5 three times again.
Your task is to write a function that takes a string as input and returns the repeated digits associated with each character according to the multi-tap system.

5 18
1 334

Hi,

I like to validate some use cases and have the following question. I am relatively new to IRIS. Perhaps someone can help:

1. I have a global m[x,y,z,f] distributed across multiple sharded instances
2. I know that i can set assign computed SQL expressions to class variables using Objectscript
3. Is there a possibility in Globals API to do the same ? Set f = x + y as a computed expression in the global m[x,y,z,f] ?

a. We would want to use the global API to change f programmatically using code

0 5
0 334
Question
· Jun 21, 2020
ObjectScript via vscode

Good day all

I am a new developer in cache, I am trying to connect vscode to healthshare but i get the following error:

////Error: Error: Parse Error: Expected HTTP/////

Please help me on this.

My setting like this:

{

"objectscript.conn": {

"active": true,

"label": "LOCAL",

"host": "****",

"port": 57772,

"username": "***",

"password": "***",

"ns": "***",

"https": false,

},

0 4
0 334

Hey Community,

Tired of entering login-password during the docker build with your InterSystems IRIS every time?

There is a handy way to turn it on and off – use the passwordless zpm module.

Watch this video to explore how to use the passwordless ipm module to turn on and off entering login-password during docker build with your InterSystems IRIS:

⏯️ Passwordless mode for development with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ygIJsTMO0Gw?controls=0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 334

Presenter: Anton Umnikov
Task: Run SQL queries quickly on huge amounts of data
Approach: Use a shared-nothing architecture to leverage a cluster of small, cost-effective servers

Explains how a shared nothing architecture allows you to leverage a cluster of small, costeffective servers to serve query results that would have taken much longer on a single, big and expensive box. This brings affordable horizontal scalability.

Content related to this session, including slides, video and additional learning content can be found here.

1 0
0 334

Hey Developers,

Get an introduction to Apache Kafka, a popular event-streaming platform, and see a demonstration of the upcoming Kafka integration with InterSystems IRIS Interoperability:

Kafka! Integrating the World's Favorite Stream Processor with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0lTK7oXqYsY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 334

Hello,

I'm using ZEN report to generate a PDF file out a table.

Although, I need to display data from two tables splitted into two different namespaces.

So, I created a process that fetches all the data I need and then calls the PDF class and generates the stream out of it.

My question is, once I've got my list of objects. How can I transform it into a ResultSet, in order to display in the report ?

Thanks for your answer.

0 6
0 334

Hi Team,

Can you please help me to develop EDI X12 to XML and XML to EDI X12 conversion in IRIS 2021.1 for EDI 204, also known as Motor Carrier Load Tender?

Also, suggest flow for how to achieve this kind of functionality in InterSystems IRIS. If you are able to provide some Videos/Documents on the EDI X12 interface for 204 then it would be very helpful for me.

Thanks,

Harshdeep Acharya

0 1
0 334

I am able to get a service class property DISPLAYLIST into the SETTINGS PARAMETER using the below example from the documention but I am not able to get an adapter property in the same manner. Is there a way to obtain the DISPLAYLIST values from an adapter property into the SETTINGS Parameter?

for reference I am extending the adapter: EnsLib.HL7.Adapter.TCPInboundAdapter

Example from documentation:

selector?context={Ens.ContextSearch/getDisplayList?host=@currHostId&prop=Framing}
0 2
1 334

Hi all,

I recently discovered the Monitoring Activity Volume feature in IRIS and I was amazed by it. So, I put it to work in one of our productions. It is nice how easy it is to set up and all the possibilites that came with it.

But there's something weird: the numbers. Actually, one of the BP is stating a time of more than 6 seconds to process:

2 6
1 334
Question
· Jul 14, 2022
Clone Class

Hi Guys,

How can I create a clone class so I can keep a copy of all records in that clone class?

Basically, I have a class where sometime records might be delete from it, so I would like to create clone class or merge the global content in another backup global so that records can be deleted from the original class but still have a copy of those delete records in my clone or backup global ?

Thanks

0 5
0 334

Hi Community!

While we're on a roll with new ideas for the Developer Community, we decided to also give the credit where the credit is due (meaning you, our dearest members), and share your creativity and imagination with others.

We're going to introduce a new rubric "InterSystems Memes"! 😜

3 0
0 334
Article
· Mar 24, 2020 2m read
BlocksExplorer map generator

I hope you already know one of my projects Cache Blocks Explorer. I've recently renamed it to Blocks Explorer.

For the recent contest, I've added a new feature, the ability to generate a static picture of any Cache or IRIS database. Like below. Where unique globals have a unique color. This is how looks like inside 9.5GB database. Where 1 pixel represents one block. By link on image you will get even bigger image, with more detalization.

2 6
0 334

Several $System.OBJ methods have ByRef errorlog argument:

Compile(ByRef classes As %String = "", qspec As %String = "", ByRef errorlog As %String, recurse As %Boolean = 0)

ImportDir(dir As %String = "", wildcards As %String, qspec As %String = "", ByRef errorlog As %String, recurse As %Boolean = 0, ByRef imported As %String, listonly As %Boolean, ByRef selectedlist As %String)

What's the best approach of working with errorlog?

Do you convert it to status? If so - how? Manual iteration over local?

Is there some system method to convert it into %Status?

0 1
0 334