Announcement
· Feb 20, 2017

Developer Community February 2017 release

Hi, Community!

We have a new release here!

What has been introduced:

1. Better notifications

With this release I hope you will turn on back the email notifications because every new notification today in the beginning of itself will tell first, why did you get it describing the exact reason you got this particular notification.  And if you don't want this type of notification to be delivered anymore click unsubscribe link in the notification and it will lead to the settings of this very type to alter.

Also, I can indeed recommend digest mode (Use Subscriptions/Overview to turn it on). 

It sends you same notifications as in normal mode now, but also you can group notifications in daily, hourly, etc digests. Also, digest mode truncates the text of the post if it is really long to let you read it on the site, not in the mailbox.

2. Better member following

A few releases ago we introduced the member following feature - the way to subscribe for the particular member. Now you can follow the member, and also see other followers and see who the member is following.

E.g. here is Eduard's Lebedyuk member page where you can see that Eduard has 5 followers but follows nobody yet.

3. Answer yourself option

Yes, sometimes you want to answer your own question. Now you can do that. 

4. No answer and unanswered filters

Now the feed has new filter no answer:

No answer shows the questions, which have no any answer in it.

And the unanswered filter now changed its behavior to show questions with no accepted answer.  

So, topic starters!

Please pick the true answer (like it is shown here) and reduce the unanswered feed of questions.

5. Named links to the feed filters

And the filters have URLs now! 

So you can bookmark New, No answer, Unanswered, and My feed filters and open the DC in this modes.

That's it, hope you like it!

Discussion (6)1

Hi, John!

Thanks for the feedback.

Re #4, I just went through the 46 pages that the "unanswered" filter returned, looking for questions I asked in order to pick an accepted answer. Could I have done that more easily than scanning each of the 46 pages one at a time?

Very good question.

There are two ways at the moment:

1. Walk through your posts (Member's posts can bu found on member's page).

But there are questions and articles together.

2. Filter your questions on the analytics page.