Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Developer Tools Contest – a great opportunity to have a discussion with the InterSystems Experts team as well as our contestants.

Winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Thursday, February 16, 5 PM GMT | 12 PM EST

0 0
0 189
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 20,025 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Is it possible to retrieve the SQL-Executing process ID (PID) from a process spawned from a UNION %PARALLEL? I have a value set in the SQL-Executing process that I need to replicate in the UNION %PARALLEL spawned process(es). The SQL-Executing process writes the value to a global subscripted by its PID so determining the SQL-Executing PID from the spawned process is what I need. I expected $ZPARENT from the spawned process would hold the SQL-Executing PID but the PID returned is different.

With thanks,

Michael Hill

0 11
0 397

Using InterSystems Embedded Analytics March 6-10, 2023 – Virtual 9:00am-5:00pm US-Eastern Time (EST)

This course is offered only a few times each year so take advantage of this session!

• This five-day course teaches developers and business intelligence users how to embed real-time analytics capabilities in their applications using InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence and Natural Language Processing.
  • The course presents the basics of building data models from transactional data using the Architect, exploring those models and building pivot tables and charts using the Analyzer, as well as creating dashboards for presenting pivot tables, meters, and other interactive widgets.
  • The course also covers securing models, tools and elements (dashboards, pivot tables, etc.) using the InterSystems security infrastructure.
  • Additionally, the course presents topics such as customizing the User Portal, troubleshooting and deployment.
  • This course is applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, InterSystems IRIS for Health, and DeepSee.
  • Register Here
0 0
0 115
Article
· Feb 13, 2023 3m read
MTConnect ObjectScript Implementation

Logo

In today's fast-paced and highly competitive manufacturing industry,
efficient machine communication and data exchange is essential to maximize
productivity and minimize downtime. That's where MTConnect comes in.
MTConnect is an open, royalty-free standard that provides a common language
for communication between machines, devices, and software applications in a
manufacturing environment.

4 0
0 283

Hi Developers,

This January, you posted a whopping 94 new questions on the Developer Community:

Questions

How to Identify Questions & Optimize Your Site for Q&A, FAQ & More

2 0
0 133
Article
· Feb 7, 2023 9m read
OpenAPI Suite - Part 2

Hi Community,

In the first part, we describe all packages, used libraries and REST services.

Now, I would like to add some details about converter and validator services.

By default, OpenAPI-Suite sends an HTTP request to converter.swagger.io if the specification version is less than 3.0 and another HTTP request to validator.swagger.io to simplify the structure of the specification document.

Although the usage of online utilities is convenient, in some cases it could be better to have our own instance of the converter and validator. For example, if OpenAPI-Suite is provided on a server in an organisation for ObjectScript developers, it may be preferable to avoid requests to external services (privacy, avoid request rate limits).

Just run:

docker run -d -p 8085:8080 --name swagger-converter swaggerapi/swagger-converter:latest
docker run -d -p 8086:8080 --name swagger-validator-v2 swaggerapi/swagger-validator-v2:latest

4 2
1 435

Hi Community,

Please read this when you have the time and keep an open mind. Also, you are welcome to tell me it is a terrible idea.

The main reason for this post

If you look at NPM, it has 1.3 million packages. Now ask yourself, is this an achievement or a nightmare?
How many of those packages are no longer supported?
How many of those packages break compatibility on version changes?
How do you know which one to use?

11 13
2 246

Hi Community,

This article is a continuation of my article about Getting to know Python Flask Web Framework

In this article, we will cover the basics of topics listed below:

1. Routing in Flask Framework
2. Folder structure for a Flask app (Static and Template)
3. Getting and displaying data in the Flask application from IRIS.

So, let's begin.

2 0
0 1.4K

If you haven’t already please give @John Murray your vote in the Developer Tool contest >> http://bit.ly/3XcxyeS

🚀 DX Jetpack boosts your developer experience when using VS Code with InterSystems platforms. 🚀

This extension pack includes:

gj :: codeSpex - showing help using VS code's commenting feature.

ObjectScript class view - View and navigate all class members plus where they are inherited from.

ServerDiff - See the difference between the code you are editing in VS Code and the server copy.

You can vote here >> http://bit.ly/3XcxyeS

1 1
0 162

Hello Community,

Some of you have passed the InterSystems Official Certification and would like to get a nifty green tick on your profile avatar

and all your certificates in your DC profile so that others know that you know... you know what we mean

So, to add certification to your DC profile, you need to take 3 easy steps:

1️⃣ Go to your DC profile

2️⃣ Go to the InterSystems Certification section

3️⃣ Click on the Load my certification(s) button

and that's it!

8 5
0 352
Article
· Feb 3, 2023 3m read
Queue monitoring

Overview

With the gradual improvement of hospital information construction, there are more and more business interfaces in hospitals. Due to the influence of various factors (network, consumer system, etc.), the data processing of business interface may cause excessive message accumulation and even the situation of interface card congestion, which affects the normal business development in the hospital. Therefore, the monitoring of the queue of business interface components becomes more and more important.

3 2
0 424