I'm having trouble creating a view in cache with query like:

SELECT column1, column2, column 3
FROM table
WHERE
(column1, columnn 2) IN (SELECT c1, c2 FROM table2 GROUP BY c1)
ORDER BY column1

I think the problem is in where clause, because it cannot take two columns .

the exact error: [SQLCODE: <-1>:<Invalid SQL statement>] [%msg: < ) expected, , found^ (column1,>]

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you.

1 3
0 108.8K

I have a query string that I am creating programmatically, based on some user inputs. The user might search on 5 fields, or 8 fields, or no fields.

In my sql statment, some of these fields require parameters in the %Execute statement.

For example:

if user picks lastname, sql = "select * from person where lastname = ?"

if user also picks age, sql = "select * from person where lastname=? and age > ?"

I then have these lines of code to create my result set:

set statement = %SQL.Statement

statement.%Prepare

0 28
0 22.1K

WebSockets look to be supported reasonably well in Cache. I have yet to use them in production so I am wondering how well it has worked for other developers.

In particular what happens when the browser does not support WebSockets, or when a firewall blocks the connection.

Have you had to write your own long polling fall-back?

I've read the documentation and found this interesting article...

https://community.intersystems.com/post/asynchronous-websockets-quick-tutorial

0 15
0 11.3K
Article
· Feb 13, 2017 14m read
Creating custom SNMP OIDs

This post is dedicated to the task of monitoring a Caché instance using SNMP. Some users of Caché are probably doing it already in some way or another. Monitoring via SNMP has been supported by the standard Caché package for a long time now, but not all the necessary parameters are available “out of the box”. For example, it would be nice to monitor the number of CSP sessions, get detailed information about the use of the license, particular KPI’s of the system being used and such. After reading this article, you will know how to add your parameters to Caché monitoring using SNMP.

11 14
2 11K

Hi, this post was initially written for Caché. In June 2023, I finally updated it for IRIS. If you are revisiting the post since then, the only real change is substituting Caché for IRIS! I also updated the links for IRIS documentation and fixed a few typos and grammatical errors. Enjoy :)

19 24
5 10.4K

Hi everyone,

This is:

Cache for UNIX (Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86-64) 2016.2 (Build 736U) Fri Sep 30 2016 12:25:56 EDT

The server is on RedHat Linux while the browser is running on Windows (Firefox).

I am helping a partner build a complex modern HTML5 web application that talks with Caché using REST calls. They have been using %CSP.REST very successfully. Security works great as well.

1 11
0 9.3K
Question
· Nov 20, 2017
Cache ODBC - Access Denied

Hello,

I'm working on integrating a Cache database into an existing .NET project of mine. I'm trying to execute certain queries utilizing the Cache ODBC driver. The first error I ran into was "[S1000] [Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] Access Denied". The part that's throwing me for a loop though is that the application ran ~200 successful queries before I started getting that. After some of those Access Denied errors, they turned into "[Cache ODBC][State : S1T00][Native Code 450] Request timed out due to user timeout". This was all with the regular (2.5?) driver.

0 8
0 9.3K

Hi, I was hoping that someone could point me to the error in my ways. I am trying to follow the examples to setup Ensemble 2017.1 in a docker container on an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine.

I have a directory that contains

Dockerfile
cache.key
ensemble-lnxubuntux64.tar.gz

When I execute:

docker build -t ensemble-simple .

I am getting the following error:

0 2
0 7.8K

Hi Community,

This article assumes that you are familiar with Zabbix and SNMP monitoring, if not, there are some very interesting posts on the Community, especially this one (https://community.intersystems.com/post/creating-custom-snmp-oids) which contains a lot of information on how to configure and request an SNMP Cache server.

6 0
0 6.7K

So, one day you're working away at WidgetsDirect, the leading supplier of widget and widget accessories, when your boss asks you to develop the new customer facing portal to allow the client base to access the next generation of Widgets..... and he wants you to use Angular 1.x to read into the department's Caché server.

There's only one problem: You've never used Angular, and don't know how to make it talk to Caché.

This guide is going to walk through the process of setting up a full Angular stack which communicates with a Caché backend using JSON over REST.

19 11
5 6.6K

I am often asked by customers, vendors or internal teams to explain CPU capacity planning for large production databases running on VMware vSphere.

In summary there are a few simple best practices to follow for sizing CPU for large production databases:

• Plan for one vCPU per physical CPU core.
  • Consider NUMA and ideally size VMs to keep CPU and memory local to a NUMA node.
  • Right-size virtual machines. Add vCPUs only when needed.

Generally this leads to a couple of common questions:

5 7
0 6.1K
Article
· Mar 1, 2017 17m read
Parsing docx using XSLT

The task of handling office documents, namely docx documents, xlsx tables and pptx presentations is quite complicated. This article offers a way to parse, create and edit documents using only XSLT and ZIP.

Why? docx is the most popular document format, so the ability to generate and parse this format would always can be useful. The solution in a form of a ready-made library, can be problematic for several reasons:

• library may not exist
  • you do not need another black box in your project
  • library restrictions : platforms, features, etc.
  • licensing
  • processing speed

In this article, I would use only basic tools for work with the docx documents.

6 3
1 6K
Question
· Jun 2, 2017
Decoding Base64 PDF File

Hello, I am writing some cache code that will pick up a PDF file, Base64 encode the contents and then send on to a third party system within a Long String (via their API). I have been testing this and discovered that the PDFs do not open within the supplier system (I get an error saying that it hasn't been decoded correctly). I wanted to prove that the issue does not lie with the way that I have Base64 encoded it within Ensemble, and therefore as a test wanted to Encode the PDF stream, then decode the stream and write out to a new file.

0 13
0 5.7K
Question
· Nov 16, 2017
Caché service does not start

Help, after a day of coding, I wanted to backup my files. I found out that alle of my 3 instances of caché refuse to start.

the error says: cstart-exe-fout (112 Service for Caché instance did not start).

Is there a way to solve this? (off course the management portal does not work either.)

I think there has been a power interruption as the battery from my laptop does not work, and the power went off before

shutdown.

Thanks in advance!

0 9
0 5.2K

I have 2 instances of Cache, one of 2010 and the other 2016. On both I have created a SSL Configuration with same name.

When I connect to a SOAP Service Client from Cache 2010, I get the above error.

If I connect from Cache 2016, the connection get through.

How can get more details of the error in the Cache 2010 instance to be able to fix this issue.

I have enabled the SOAP Log and it does not give much of details.

Regards

Anil

1 6
0 5.1K

Hi

I have an Ensemble Application with many classes and relationships between those classes.

I need a tool that can connect to Cache/Ensemble and create a visual ERD from the class definitions within a particular Cache Namespace

MS-Access is one option but it does not automatically create the relationship connectors between classes

Any suggestions

Nigel Salm

0 6
0 5K

Hello guys,

I've got this piece of code which runs the method "WebMethod", that belongs to %SOAP.WebBase.cls.

It grabs the outcome from an internal webservice we have and after that, it writes into a file.

The thing is, when I browse the file contents, I realize that in the place where a special character should be, I see a question mark.

By querying the same webservice from a special soap tool called "SoapSonar" (I've been using this for years), the outcome shows up this special character (shows it properly).

1 16
0 4.9K

Hi Community!

We want to invite you to join the InterSystems Gamification Platform called Global Masters Advocate Hub!

The Global Masters Advocacy Hub is our customer engagement platform where you will be invited to have some fun completing entertaining challenges, earning badges for the contribution to Developer Community, communicating with other advocates, and accumulating points which you can redeem for a variety of rewards and special honors.

7 123
3 4.8K

Developing a Full-Stack JavaScript web app with Caché requires you to bring together the right building blocks. Previously, I outlined the basic steps to install and connect Node.js to Caché and make it's powerful multi-model database capabilites available for use with Node.js. You can use Caché as a NoSQL-, document- (with unique key-level access!), SQL- and object-database with Node.js. When developing JavaScript applications, you'll see how powerful this combination is and makes Caché a perfect fit for Node.js.

In the first part of this article series I will show how to get started with the React framework, one of the most popular frameworks currently taking over front-end development. In the next parts you'll learn how to connect a basic web app to a Caché back-end.

You'll see, it's very easy to get started with this technology - you can even compare the amount of basic knowledge you need to COS because you only need to know a few basic concepts to start!

9 8
1 4.7K

So, one day you're working away at WidgetsDirect, the leading supplier of widget and widget accessories, when your boss asks you to develop the new customer facing portal to allow the client base to access the next generation of Widgets..... and he wants you to use Angular 1.x to read into the department's Caché server.

There's only one problem: You've never used Angular, and don't know how to make it talk to Caché.

This guide is going to walk through the process of setting up a full Angular stack which communicates with a Caché backend using JSON over REST.

16 23
3 4.7K
Question
· Mar 24, 2017
Convert to JSON string

here is my $ZV string "Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2016.2.1 (Build 803) Wed Oct 26 2016 12:43:35 EDT"

two questions

1. How do i convert any Persistent object to JSON String ?

2. How do i convert an y Register object to JSON string ?

3. Do i need to extend from any adaptor class for 1 & 2 ?

0 11
0 4.7K

Configuring an Ensemble production can be a challenging task involving a thorough understanding of the system and production functionality and a detailed understanding towards each configuration item. After successfully configured an Ensemble production, you might need to set up an identical production on the mirror environment, or deploy the production on a development system to a live system, or send a copy for diagnostic/debug purposes. Other times you might have spent some time designing a BPL/DTL and some other productions can use the same logic.

5 0
0 4.5K