InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence allows you to keep your cubes up to date in multiple ways. This article will cover building vs synchronizing. There are also ways to manually keep cubes up to date, but these are very special cases and almost always cubes are kept current by building or synchronizing.

2 1
0 559
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,953 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

AI and Machine Learning Roundtable

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MZAJTrSHfx4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 162

What does everyone think about submitting an issue in a repository and then submitting a pull request to fix that issue. Is it an unnecessary step or does it give extra context and logging for the issue? I ask this because when I find a bug in an Open Exchange app, I always submit the Issue and then often submit a Pull Request to fix the issue.

I think that if the repository owner doesn't like your suggested fix, it is helpful to have the issue around so that they can deny the pull request and potentially implement their own change for the issue.

0 2
0 244

Hi Developers!

In March we are starting our first InterSystems IRIS Programming Contest! It's a competition in creating open-source solutions using InterSystems IRIS Data Platform.

The topic for the first contest is InterSystems IRIS, Docker and ObjectScript!

The contest will last three weeks: March 9-31, 2020.

Prizes:

There will be money prizes for Experts Nomination - winners will be determined by a specially selected jury:

🥇 1st place - $2,000

🥈 2nd place - $1,000

🥉 3rd place - $500

Also, there will be Community Nomination - an application that will receive the most votes in total:

🏆 1st place - $1,000

And we provide winners with high-level badges on Global Masters.

10 27
4 1.8K

Hi Developers!

It's just a statement to let you know who is working for you this year as Developer Community Moderators. Here is our noble team!

English Community:

@Eduard Lebedyuk

@John Murray

@Dmitry Maslennikov

@Robert Cemper

@Jeffrey Drumm

@Scott Roth

Spanish Community:

@Kurro Lopez

@Nancy Martínez

Moderators! thanks for your hard work to make this place busy and helpful!

Developers! You can meet in person all the moderators on InterSystems Global Summit 2020 in Seattle this year and on regional events.

Stay tuned!

3 3
0 201

Will the Atelier plug-in work with newer versions of Eclipse?

Photon is getting a bit old and I'd like to use the latest version.

One additional question; Does Atelier work with JDK 11?

Dave

1 1
0 385

InterSystems and Intel recently conducted a series of benchmarks combining InterSystems IRIS with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors, also known as “Cascade Lake”, and Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory (DCPMM). The goals of these benchmarks are to demonstrate the performance and scalability capabilities of InterSystems IRIS with Intel’s latest server technologies in various workload settings and server configurations. Along with various benchmark results, three different use-cases of Intel DCPMM with InterSystems IRIS are provided in this report.

5 5
0 891

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to access properties of a class from within a routine that has been called. See the below example:

Class TestClass Extends %RegisteredObject
{

Property Data As %ListOfDataTypes;

Method Query(parameter As %String)

0 3
0 244
Question
· Mar 3, 2020
Intersystem jar files

I'm working on developing Productions with java. The sample project has several intersystems jar files:
-- intersystems-enslib-jms-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-gateway-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-jdbc-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-spark-1.0.0.jar
-- intersystems-uima-1.0.0.jar
-- intersystems-utils-3.1.0.jar
-- intersystems-xep-3.1.0.jar

I have the jar files, but where can I find them for download? Are they available on a maven repository somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated!

0 3
0 966

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Advances in Security

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PR9OF4QleWg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 254

Hi Community,

On 8-9 June 2020 InterSystems UK & Ireland will be hosting the annual events for its customers, offering both technical and strategic insight content on the different ways to achieve successful digital innovation:

➡️ InterSystems UKI Developer MeetUp

➡️ InterSystems UKI Innovation Day

InterSystems is committed to your success, and to ensure we make the best use of your valuable time, we would like to understand more about the technology drivers and challenges your business is facing now, and how you are preparing beyond 2020.

With your help, we can ensure that the conference agenda features topics relevant to your business, with information that will maximize your IT investment and partnership with InterSystems.

The survey will only take an estimated 3 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

SAVE THE DATE

Keep your eyes peeled for an official event invitation in coming weeks, but you can save the date and register your interest here.

0 0
0 181

Hi Developers!

This is the digest of new solutions and applications submitted to InterSystems OpenExchange in February 2020!

New applications in February 2020

EXCEL SUDOKU by alex kosinets

Sudoku game implementation in Excel using InterSystems IRIS as a server

RESTForms2 by Henry Hamon Pereira

RESTForms2 is a framework to create the REST API for InterSystems IRIS persistent objects automatically

FirstLook-Globals by Evgeny Shvarov

Firstlook example of InterSystems Globals

IRIS Interoperability Message Viewer by Henrique Gonçalves Dias

A new approach for the Interoperability Message Viewer

iKnow by Benjamin De Boe

The iKnow Natural Language Processing technology was originally developed in Belgium and then acquired by InterSystems in 2010. In February 2020, InterSystems published the technology to open source, expanding the possible use cases for it beyond embedded use from the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform. iKnow is open to community contributions to enhance the engine, language models and interfaces for use in-text exploration, information extraction, and machine learning use cases.

0 0
0 151

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on deploying an IRIS for Health environment in EKS. There is a video session in the InterSystems learning portal about this feature but I have not succeeded in finding the proper documentation and resources to use this in my Kubernetes cluster.

Has this been deprecated/discontinued? Any idea where can I find the resources? Should I stick to StatefulSets instead of using the IrisCluster resource type provided by this operator?

0 3
1 358
Article
· Mar 2, 2020 2m read
SQL -99 error while viewing a listing

This error is sometimes seen while viewing a listing in InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence:
ERROR #5540: SQLCODE: -99 Message: User <USERNAME> is not privileged for the operation (4)

As the error suggests, this is due to a permission error. To figure out which permissions are missing/needed, we can take a look at the SQL query that is generated. We will use a query from SAMPLES as an example.

1 0
0 817

Hi,

I have a production with a BS calling a BP calling another BP and so on and finally a BO. All calls are made using SendRequestSync.

The initial request is passed by value. The response is passed by ref and I allocate memory for it in the BO, hoping that it will go back to the initial caller in the BS, but it does not.

It looks like the following:

0 3
0 320
Question
· Mar 1, 2020
SQL Inbound Adapter Errors

Hi,

I created a BS with a SQL Inbound Adapter.

Query = "SELECT rowid, fname ,lname,datesent
FROM labs
WHERE datesent IS NOT NULL"

DeleteQuery = " update labs set datesent = Getdate() where rowid = ?"

KeyFieldName = "rowid"

i am getting the following errors.

"NOT assuming network disconnect error based on: Gateway failed: DropStatement."

"Skipping previously errored row '235'"

0 1
0 289