Question
· Jul 21, 2017
Ens.StreamContainer

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Ensemble and I wanted to know I have inbound business service (EnsLib.File.PassthroughService) which is looking for pdf files once it finds a pdf file (within the business process) it needs to find the associated xml file which would be in the same directory. Once both of these files are found they need to be sent to the business operation and deleted from the source (EnsLib.File.PassthroughOperation).

0 9
0 1.4K

Hi all, This is a bit embarrassing, and not that critical. I have a local instance of Caché 2016 on my computer, for playing around with. I was attempting to set up two-factor authentication on this instance, and I thought I simply disabled all users except for my own user and enabled two-factor for this user. The next time I tried to login to the Management portal, I received a Server Availability Error:

http://localhost:57772/csp/sys/UtilHome.csp

0 9
0 2.4K
Question
· Jun 14, 2017
SQL Query for Range

Hello,

I have a question related to running an SQL query for range of data.

I am running a query like:

Select A,B from table_name where A>=12345 AND A<=12390

- Where A and B are my two of the properties under the mentioned table/class definition

- A is an integer property

Question: The result of the above query does not return me all the values between the mentioned range of integer though I do have all the values in that range. I see that some of the values are missing in result.

0 9
0 452

Hello,

I have a DB server (ser-app-db) where cache is installed as server.

I have a Web server (ser-app-w) where cache is installed as web server and configured as CSP gateway.

I followed the configuration guide (https://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY...) and ser-app-w perfectly display the CSP and CLS pages.

But that's not working for my REST service, for exemple with the REST sample:

0 9
0 1.3K
Question
· Nov 8, 2017
Node.js version

Does anyone know where to find a cache.node that works with Cache version 2016.1.1.108.0? I am currently getting this:

Error: Unable to load shared library C:\InterSystems\TryCache\bin\cache.node''

I am using Windows 7 Pro + SP1.

Thanks!

0 9
0 587

To simplify the upgrade processes and to keep up with industry standards, we decided to make Atelier only available as an Eclipse plugin. Those of you who are currently using a standalone Atelier client will not be able to upgrade to a later version.

Please go to the Atelier Download page or see the sections below for the detailed instructions about installing Eclipse and the Atelier plugin. Feel free to reach out to support or leave a comment down below if you have any questions.

5 9
0 1.6K
Question
· Dec 15, 2017
cache operator

In if condition what is the difference between specifying the single operator and double operator? For example, what is the difference between (&& and &) or (|| and !)

0 9
0 710

Overview

Encryption of sensitive data becomes more and more important for applications. For example patient names, SSN, address-data or credit card-numbers etc..

Cache supports different flavors of encryption. Block-level database encryption and data-element encryption. The block-level database encryption protects an entire database. The decryption/encryption is done when a block is written/read to or from the database and has very little impact on the performance.

With data-element encryption only certain data-fields are encrypted. Fields that contain sensitive data like patient data or credit-card numbers. Data-element encryption is also useful if a re-encryption is required periodically. With data-element encryption it is the responsibility of the application to encrypt/decrypt the data.

Both encryption methods leverage the managed key encryption infrastructure of Caché.

The following article describes a sample use-case where data-element encryption is used to encrypt person data.

But what if you have hundreds of thousands of records with an encrypted datafield and you have the need to search that field? Decryption of the field-values prior to the search is not an option. What about indices?

This article describes a possible solution and develops step-by-step a small example how you can use SQL and indices to search encrypted fields.

5 9
1 1.6K

Hi Community,

There is any way that I can use Studio Source Control in Atelier, or adapt it to use?

We have a solution based on Studio Source Control, and I cannot make it works with Atelier, I can not even see the classes .

Thanks,

Andrei L. Nenevê

0 8
0 775
Article
· Nov 23, 2017 12m read
Where is my global stored?

It's well-known that namespace global mapping helps us to write code independent on database storage details (Caché instance name, directory path). But sometimes we can face problems accessing an unsubscripted global which has subscript level mapping (SLM) defined. Most of such cases are evident and associated with administrative tasks that should be done on database level, but some of them can confuse even an experienced developer. Just to start:

4 8
0 1.3K

Currently, we have an application running in one namespace ("Database B") that has globals and routines mapped to another database ("Database A"). After enforcing clean up on Database A, we found that 90% of the disk is free. We would like to compact Database A and release the unused space. However, we are running OpenVMS, which seems to be the issue.

For databases consisting of only globals, we are able to use ^GBLOCKCOPY; however, we need to ensure that the routines and mappings are also copied.

1 8
0 1K
Article
· May 16, 2017 3m read
The COS Faker

Hi Community,

This post is to introduce one of my first project in COS, I created when started to learn the language and until today I'm keeping improve it.

The CosFaker(here on Github) is a pure COS library for generating fake data.

cosFaker vs Populate Utils

So why use cosFaker if caché has the populate data utility?

10 8
2 927

I'd like to have production specific settings for different environments (OTAP). I have set the system default settings on my production to override the default settings. However, this does not seem to work. It is my understanding that the system default settings override the settings I have set on the production (I thought I heard my Sales Engineer say this). However, reading the documentation I am not sure of this reading either. However, when I clear the values for the adapters on my production my system default settings are still not apply.

0 8
0 825
Question
· Nov 20, 2017
Cache ODBC - Access Denied

Hello,

I'm working on integrating a Cache database into an existing .NET project of mine. I'm trying to execute certain queries utilizing the Cache ODBC driver. The first error I ran into was "[S1000] [Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] Access Denied". The part that's throwing me for a loop though is that the application ran ~200 successful queries before I started getting that. After some of those Access Denied errors, they turned into "[Cache ODBC][State : S1T00][Native Code 450] Request timed out due to user timeout". This was all with the regular (2.5?) driver.

0 8
0 9.3K

Hello,

I work with trigger and I need afeter update make INSERT into LogTable value of prorerty of saved class. This is what i have in this monent.

S className = ..%ClassName(1)
S cls=##class(%Dictionary.CompiledClass).%OpenId(className)
F i = 1:1:cls.Properties.Count() {
S prop = cls.Properties.GetAt(i)
S propName = prop.Name
S value={propName*N}
}

How Can I get value given "prop".

0 8
0 559

Hi, folks!

I'm sending emails with %Net.MailMessage.

How can I add a new line for the email body?

The code is:

dim msg as %Net.MailMessage = ##class(%Net.MailMessage).%New()
set msg.Charset="UTF-8"
do msg.TextData.Write("Dear  "_Username)
do msg.TextData.Write("Line1")
do msg.TextData.Write("Line2")
And I'm getting in email:
Dear UserLine1Line2

How can I get:

Dear User

Line1

Line2
0 8
0 1.7K

Hi,

I have a situation where I write a character stream to a file. The file content gets signed and the signature is sent to a service provider together with the file content.

The signing is done using openssl.

This works perfectly on a dev PC, which is runnning Windows and has a little-endian architecture.

The problem is as soon as I do this on the server, which has a big-endian architecture, the signed value is incorrect according to the service provider.

The content is signed using RSA SHA256 with PSS padding.

0 8
0 2.9K