Hi Community!

We're pleased to invite you to the Online Meetup with the Winners of the 2nd IRIS Programming Contest! It's a virtual Meetup with some of the winners of the past InterSystems IRIS Online Programming Contest.

Date & Time: Friday, May 8, 2020 – 11:00 EDT

What awaits you at this virtual Meetup?

• Our winners' bios.
  • Short demos on their applications.
  • A short interview with all the winners about the past contest. Plans for the next contests.

5 5
0 316
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,853 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi,

I've setup an operation that pulls text from an MDM message and uses it to generate a csv file. I'm having issues as our vendor is sending the file with a carriage return (as shown below) to signify the next line but Healthshare is recognising this as a new segment which causes an error.

0 2
0 316

Hi Developers!!,

I know what you are thinking... a new feature for ZEN.proxyObject...? NOW..???

In Spain we say that better late than never ;-)

Have you ever need to send a numeric attribue of a Json in String format?

Did you go crazy casting class objects with fixed typed properties?

Lucky you!!

With this new feature I propose a way to continue working with our loved dynamic object %ZEN.proxyObject, being able to choose whether or not we want to send numeric attributes in String format.

2 1
0 316

Hi everyone,

I have an existing application on HealthShare 2015 and decide to move it to HealthShare 2018 to make use of Atelier support. I am using Eclipse Photon with Atelier Plugin 1.3.

Most of things are working better on Atelier comparing with Built-in studio of HealthShare. However, when I tried debugging CSP file with Atelier I encounter 2 problems:

0 1
0 315

I have just started to experiment with Using IRIS in Docker.

My first objective was to be able to enable global persistence within a Docker container. Using the following command I have managed to achieve this:

docker run --detach --publish 52773:52773 --volume /data/dur:/dur --env ISC_DATA_DIRECTORY=/dur/iconfig --name iris21 store/intersystems/iris-community:2020.1.0.199.0

Within this container, I have created a simple global:

for i=1:1:10 set ^tmp(i)=""

0 7
0 315

Hi Community!

We're pleased to invite you to the Online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems FHIR programming contest!

Date & Time: Friday, September 4, 2020 – 11:00 EDT

What awaits you at this virtual Meetup?

• Our winners' bios.
  • Short demos on their applications.
  • A short interview with all the winners about the past contest. Plans for the next contests.

4 3
0 315
Discussion
· Sep 21, 2020
Unit Testing Naming Convention

Hi Developers!

Recently we discussed the naming convention on packages we deploy and even made some choices.

Here I want to have a conversation on the naming convention for unit tests.

Of course, we wish every good library has unit tests. Here is the documentation and some good articles(one, two, three) regarding it on the Developer Community.

Let's decide on the naming of UnitTests packages?

The suggestion is that unit test classes will all start with the UnitTest package name.

E.g. if your library's class name is:

johndoe.lib.class

The related unit test class will be:

UnitTest.johndoe.lib.class

What about folders?

The suggestion is that unit test classes will live separately from source classes, e.g. in /tests directory.

Here is the example of a repository with unit tests that are named and placed according to the proposal.

What do you think?

5 6
0 315

Hi Developer community

Does anyone know where the custom message filters for the message browser live? You can load and save by name and existing filters appear in a list. I want to export them from an existing production and import then into a new one.

Thanks in advance

MikeD

0 3
0 315
Question
· Sep 20, 2019
eFax

I am having trouble sending URL encoded payload to eFax in FormData. Does anyone have experience working with the eFax? Their support is not the greatest.

This is what I am trying to send

s rObj.ContentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

d rObj.InsertFormData("id", "123456789")

0 5
1 315

Hello,

I work on a dashboard. I understand basic html. I like to draw two boxes in different colors on the background. There will be multiple small boxes inside or over the boxes in the background. I defined the large boxes as <div> and the smaller boxes also as <div> inside the larger <div>. So far so good.

How can I draw lines with arrows between the smaller boxes?

0 9
0 315
Article
· Jan 13, 2022 4m read
How to find the dataset you need?

Hey community! How are you doing?

I hope to find everyone well, and a happy 2022 to all of you!

Over the years, I've been working on a lot of different projects, and I've been able to find a lot of interesting data.

But, most of the time, the dataset that I used to work with was the customer data. When I started to join the contest in the past couple of years, I began to look for specific web datasets.

I've curated a few data by myself, but I was thinking, "This dataset is enough to help others?"

5 4
0 315

Hi Community!

Check the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Tier 1 Applications in a Virtual Environment

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ftbfOyJfg5Y
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 315
Announcement
· Jul 6, 2023
DEVBOX

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3pao-TwPHkc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

Hi Community,

I'm pleased to announce DEVBOX, the code anywhere IDE for IRIS.

Please watch the video and let me know what you think. Would you use it?

All the best,
Sean.

10 5
1 315

Hi,
I cannot edit properties (title etc) of Widgets within Dashboards outside of the ENSDEMO namespace:
I have a namespace "HL7Report" for example;
I have some Pivots created looking into a cube's data;
I click "DeepSee", "User Portal" from the Management Portal;
I click "+", "Add Dashboard", folder/name/title/category all as "new", "OK", new dashboard appears;
I click ">", "Widgets >", "+", and select a pivot to display as a table (chart / anything);

0 3
0 315

Hi Community!

Watch a demonstration of Production Extension Framework (PEX) in InterSystems IRIS that uses a Kafka integration as an example:

PEX: Production Extension Framework Demo

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pFeJzZOd7Ww

3 0
0 315

Hey Developers!

Advent of Code 2018 is over! Thanks for participating in our small but productive COS marathon!

And now we're pleased to introduce the winners and distribute all the prizes!

Big applause goes to these winners:

Fabian Haupt (w/ repo: github.com/kazamatzuri/AoC)

Bert Sarens (w/ repo: bitbucket.org/bertsarens/aoc2018/)

Dmitry Maslennikov (w/ repo: github.com/daimor/AdventOfCode)

4 0
0 315

When I open a BPL, or DTL class in Atelier it attempts to open a graphical editor using Internet explorer.

Even though I have IE 11 installed it is somehow "stuck" in IE 7 emulation mode when invoked from Atelier (Eclipse).

So I get an error message, and cannot use the graphical editor. This has been true in the Marketplace Atelier 1.3 and also Beta.

I'm running Atelier IDE Beta 1.3.141, on Eclipse Javascript 2018-12-R.

Two questions:

Why cannot the editor work with IE7 anyway?

How can I get Atelier to invoke IE with the right options?

0 2
0 315

Hi,

I am getting below error in date column in a table. I am unable to query data or find distinct or to_char on this column.

Select distinct column name from table
Select column name from table
Select To_Char(column name) from table

Table has 3923509 rows.

Could someone help me how can I identify bad data in this table?

Any idea how we can avoid this error?

0 7
0 314