InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,441 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I'll be doing my first xml transform soon and I'm hoping to find a good graphical mapping tool to generate the XSLT. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've tried the demo of Altova MapForce and it's exactly what I want but it's super expensive. Working for a non-profit it would be nice if I could find a free or cheap solution.

0 5
0 3.1K

Imagine that your .NET project uses the Caché DBMS and you need a fully-functional and reliable authorization system. Writing such a system from scratch would not make much sense, and you will clearly want to use something that already exists in .NET, e.g. ASP.NET Identity. By default, however, this framework supports only its native DBMS – MS SQL. Our task was to create an adaptor that would let us quickly and easily port Identity to the InterSystems Caché DBMS. This work resulted in creation of the ASP.NET Identity Caché Provider.

4 1
0 1.3K

Hello,
I have a list of files on disk.
Each record is the fully qualified UNC path and filename.
I would like to send these files to the end users default printer as a document.
I have attempted to build a html page using document.write statements and print using printWindow.print(); command.

I think there must be a better way to send a series of files to the windows print spooler.
I would welcome any and all input.

0 5
0 422

NewBie's Corner Session 10 Routines and Studio

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

InterSystems Caché provides a GUI (Graphical User Interface) based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) called Caché Studio. Developers can use Studio to create and maintain applications.

InterSystems has a new IDE called Atelier but that is for later.

0 3
0 370

Recently I came across a very strong statement to the effect that InterSystems.Data.CacheClient.dll library works fast because it does not open a TCP/IP connection, instead it works in the same process as a database. It made me pause for quite some time. Firstly because .Net Managed Provider, which utilises this library, opens TCP/IP connection to the database (and it is stated in the documentation "Using .NET and the ADO.NET Managed Provider with Caché"). And secondly, because as far as I know only eXtreme applications attach themselves to the process.

1 6
0 1.2K
Question
· Oct 10, 2016
Restarting Cache from inside

Dear colleagues,

a recent project came up with the question if it is possible to "restart Cache from inside", ie. using a COS-routine.

Thank you in advance and regdards

Markus

1 5
0 1.8K

Recently we have exercised this with a partner. It may be helpful for others as well.

The basic functionality is to connect to SAP through SAPJCo (Supporting SAPJCo 3.07+).

As a first step have a production with at least two items of the following type:

• EnsLib.JavaGateway.Service
  • EnsLib.SAP.Operation

Configure the settings for the Java Gateway and the SAP Operation accordingly. And start the production.

1 2
1 1K

How are we doing THIS year versus the same period LAST year?
This is a common need in Business Intelligence. In fact, many design specifications for reports make use of a comparison between a selected period (year, quarter, etc) up to a certain date (for example November 15th, 2016) and a summary of the same information for the previous year (i.e. up to November 15th, 2015).
This post shows how to implement this in DeepSee.

6 8
0 1.8K
Article
· Feb 17, 2016 3m read
Listing files in folder

Question:

How do I get a list of files residing in a certain folder/directory, according to some wildcard/filter.

For example all '*.txt' files in 'C:\Temp'.

Answer:

In CACHE –

You can use the %Library.File's FileSet class query.

Here's some sample code using it (also attached):

6 2
0 3.8K

Hi

I am facing issue with cache database it is part of schneider PES software..the issue started with below:

and after some reinstallation i became not able even to install it.

receiving always message:

0 2
0 337

In response to a comment on his posting about source control hooks and Atelier Bill McCormick used the example of Studio's SOAP Wizard and talked about providing more information about how Atelier will support this kind of extension.

My Atelier (1.0.116) has a Tools menu with an Add-Ins option and a "Soap Wizard" (sic) submenu.

Is there any information available to us yet about how we can add our own add-ins of this kind?

2 7
0 455

Hello!

My group and I are currently doing a research project on natural language processing and iKnow plays a big role in this project. I am aware that the algorithms iKnow use aren't public, and I respect that.

My question is, are there any public documents/research that explains, at least part of, the algorthims iKnow uses and the motivations for using them?

1 2
0 366
Article
· Dec 20, 2016 5m read
Atelier, The Productivity Boost Tool

Development productivity? Isn’t it kind of an oxymoron? Anyhow, we all dream a magic tool which does the tedious job of the software development and leave the intuitive or creative part on the developer. Atelier is the next generation tool of InterSystems aiming to boost the productivity of Caché/ Ensemble based software development. Atelier is based on the popular Eclipse IDE platform, which makes available the “infinite” pool of third party tools for Caché developers. Those tools can truly boost the productivity. This short article gives some examples how third party plug-ins can help developing for Caché. It is an absolute beginner’s guide, beginner to Eclipse but experienced to Caché.

3 1
0 1.1K

Internally we use splunk for monitoring applications and network.

Does Ensemble have a way of exposing internal metrics and/or a way of exposing custom built metrics?

I've used Deepsee dashboards in the past to monitor Apache Tomcat/Apache Camel/hawtio using JMX rest calls. This is the other way around and ideally I'd like to expose metrics on:

0 3
0 1.1K

Hi, I just installed the TRYCACHE 2016.2.1 preview release into a 16.04 Ubuntu VM. The install is dirt simple. Very nice. I've installed Eclipse Neon and used your update site link to get Atelier. Also very simple and nice. Thank you!

I see there is a January update coming. Will it be possible to include a license that lets developers launch one terminal session while connected to the TRYCACHE instance via Eclipse?

When I try to do this, I'm exceeding the TRYCACHE license limit.

thanks!

1 1
0 376

Hi all (and specifically Eduard L. ;)

The Ensemble Workflow REST API provided here:

https://github.com/intersystems-ru/EnsembleWorkflow

(and mentioned before in this Community, also as the basis of the Angular UI, also available in the same Git)

Has some very basic documentation as to how to work with the API (which also seems to be possibly a little out-dated as I think the /login URL is deprecated, for example).

Is there somewhere a more comprehensive documentation of this API?

1 3
0 589

I am trying to create a query that returns the best and worst performing products for a given customer, based on this year's net sales versus last year's net sales, weighted by the total net sales for all of the products sold to this customer in the last two years.

I have created Last Year Net Sales (up to the last month end): AGGREGATE(PERIODSTODATE([Invoice Date].[H1].[YEAR],[Invoice Date].[H1].[Month].[NOW-13]),measures.[Net Sales])

0 3
0 333

Ansible helped me solve the problem of quickly deploying Caché and application components for Data Platforms benchmarks. You can use the same tools and methodology for standing up your test labs, training systems, development or other environments. If you deploy applications at customer sites you could automate much of the deployment and ensure that system, Caché and your application are configured to your applications best practice standards.

13 4
0 2.5K

I use DataGrip (JDBC client) to query Caché server via JDBC.

The problem I encountered, is that if I wait 10 or more minutes between queries I get an error:

[08S01][461] Communication link failure: Socket closed

To fix that I need to disconnect and connect to server again. Is there a JDBC timeout setting somewhere I can change?

0 1
0 1.6K

Currently, namespace Alpha is configured to use database AlphaDB as its global database. How would we go about having namespace Alpha configured to use database AlphaDB for its global database except where global ^Customers(CustomerId) has a CustomerId greater than 10M, which we would like to have it redirected to database BetaDB.

In other words, ^|"AlphaDB"|Customers contains all customers between 1 and 10,000,000; and ^|"BetaDB"|Customers contains all customers greater than 10,000,000. Any help would be appreciated.

0 4
0 476