I've setup ODBC connection so I can access Cache data within SQL Server.

I want to be able to write SQL queries for internal monitoring purposes, similar to what's possible with SQL Server. Specifically I want to be able to check mirroring status (i.e. check which is the current primary mirror member), check the status of any Ensemble productions (started/stopped), check the status of business hosts etc. I want to do all of this from SQL Server to go with our other system monitoring solutions.

0 1
0 276
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,880 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jul 31, 2019
DICOM TCP IN to File Writer

Has anyone had any success receiving a DICOM TCP in, and then using a process to write to a file while responding to the sender correctly? I'm pulling my hair out, and would love to know where I'm going wrong.

0 2
0 238
Question
· Aug 1, 2019
Atelier csp sync error

Hi

Im getting this error when trying to sync csp files on Atelier

Synchronization failed: [dev10 is broken] ERROR #5002: Cache error: <STORE>zTS+6^%Library.RoutineMgr.1

This on Cache 2017.1 and Atelier 1.3.144

0 6
0 165

Hi Developers!

This is an anniversary announcement to celebrate 6,000 members on InterSystems Developers!

There are some other good figures came:

• we have more than 5,000 posts with almost 1,000 articles. (956 to the moment).
  • Also, we are close to having 20,000 answers and comments and 2,000,000 reads for DC postings.

And we have the Spanish Community for 2 months running! Join Spanish DC!

4 0
1 226

Hello community,

I need to know if there is any method which can me say specified imported files or namespaces in Cache.

To better specification of my problem, I've got two installer manifests. Firts one did some resource changing and import some files and classes, second one must be started after the first one, because it's only his update, which creates some nemaspaces. So i need to check if the first manifest ran succesful and I can start the second one.

0 1
0 188

Hello,

Is it possible to write global output values to STDOUT, in a similar way to how csession can take routine intput, like below:

(In Cache Terminal)

%SYS>d ##class(%SYSTEM.License).ShowSummary()

License Server summary view of active key.

Distributed license use:

Current License Units Used = 1

Maximum License Units Used = 1

License Units Authorized = 200

Local license use:

Current Connections = 1 Maximum Connections = 1

0 5
0 542
Question
· Jul 30, 2019
Working with $ZF function

Good morning,

I'm trying to understand $ZF function, but only documentation isn't enought in this way. So my question is is there any possibility to get enviroment variable by this function into ensemble?

I've tried this as example from ducumentation, but there is an error and I don't know why...

Thanks for your solutions.

Zdenek

0 17
0 1.1K

Hello Community,

How do i disable an operation explicitly based on a value in a variable?

I set the ReplyCodeAction to E=D.

In the Operation Code i am throwing an explicit ERROR

THROW ##class(%Exception.General).%New("Shutting Down Operation",999,,"My own special exception")

But my operation still remains up.

Any suggestions please will be appreciated.

0 6
0 285

Hi Everyone!

InterSystems HealthShare is nominated for the Computable Awards 2019! The Unified Health Record that we implemented together with our partner Itzos in the St. Maartens Clinic has a chance to become the "ICT Project of the Year in Healthcare".

A great honour, but of course we also want to win. We need 4,000 votes! Therefore we'd like to ask you to vote!

4 7
0 488

Hi Developers!

This is the second post on the resources for Developers. This part is about Open Exchange

Using Open Exchange to Learn InterSystems

InterSystems Open Exchange is a applications gallery of tools, connectors, and libraries which InterSystems Developers submit to share the experience, approaches and do business. All the applications are either built with InterSystems data platforms or are intended to use for development with InterSystems data platforms.

If you are a beginner developer you can take a look at applications in Technology Example category. All the applications in this category come with open source code repositories, so you are able to run the samples and examples in a docker container with IRIS on your laptop or in the cloud IRIS sandbox. Examples:

0 0
0 320
Article
· Jul 25, 2019 1m read
Disabling an Ensemble Production

I'm not saying that this is in anyway "best practices," but I'm in a peculiar situation where I need to restrict users from starting a "retired" Ensemble Production in a namespace that's been renamed. It's still an "Ensemble-activated" namespace; we need to keep it available for Ensemble Message Viewer access ... fortunately, only for a little while.

It's a bit of a hack ...

Open the Production class in Studio and add the following classmethod:

2 6
1 396
Article
· Jul 26, 2019 3m read
Dynamic SQL to Dynamic Object

Hello community! I have to work with queries using all kinds of methods like embedded sql and class queries. But my favorite is dynamic sql, simply because of how easy it is to manipulate them at runtime. The downside to writing a lot of these is the maintenance of the code and interacting with the output in a meaningful way.

7 7
1 922

Hi Everyone!

Please watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Sourabh Sethi in a new format called "Coding Talks":

A SOLID Design in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QjrUeCui51Q
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
1 457

Hi Developers!

Recently I was asked, “How can a beginner in InterSystems technologies learn from InterSystems Developers community content to improve his developer skills”?

This is a really good question. It has several answers so I decided to write the post with the hope it could be useful for developers.

So! How to learn Intersystems Data Platforms(IRIS, IRIS for Health) from InterSystems Developers community content if you are a beginner?

2 0
0 408

Hello,

I've got a csp page that has successfully set up a websocket connection to a Cache class. When the websocket object's close function is triggered at the browser I was expecting one of the class' methods to fire at the server. The onclose method is triggered at the browser but nothing at the server. Is a method supposed to fire at the server?

Thanks,

Dan

Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2015.1.4 (Build 803_6) Tue May 15 2018 12:08:36 EDT

0 4
0 1.1K

As a developer, you have probably spent at least some time writing repetetive code. You may have even found yourself wishing you could generate the code programmatically. If this sounds familiar, this article is for you!

We'll start with an example. Note: the following examples use the %DynamicObject interface, which requires Caché 2016.2 or later. If you are unfamiliar with this class, check out the documentation here: Using JSON in Caché. It's really cool!

20 2
3 3K
Question
· Jun 4, 2018
Cache Studio 2017.2

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this type of question, but I'm running out of ideas.

For reasons beyond my control, we run a version of Intersystems Caché (2013.1) that is not supported by Atelier. As such, I use Caché Studio to do my development.
The issue I have is, I don't run Windows or MAC, but Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 in my case). I've successfully managed to get Studio working using Wine and pretty much everything is usable.

0 8
0 1.9K