InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,845 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hello, developers!

I would like to share the history of the project - the ZAPM shell.

As soon as ZPM was implemented, I immediately began to think about how best to use it.

And immediately faced with the desire to move more quickly between namespaces, especially when there are more than 20 of them.
I had to leave the ZPM, move to the desired namespace and re-enter the shell.
I suggested an improvement - a new "namespace" command for easier navigation.
I didn’t wait - I did it myself. And so it went. If you need it, get ready to do it yourself.

5 0
0 184

The ObjectScript language of InterSystems IRIS has a very powerful metadata engine called XData. This feature allows the creation of metadata definitions for your classes, to be used by the compiler or by programs that will extend the standard features of the language, based on the XData definitions of its scope.

2 0
0 357

Coming up this Wednesday (27th January 2021), two and a half hours of online sessions by members of the product team at Microsoft.

Join the Visual Studio Code team and community at a live event just for VS Code users. Get a glimpse of things to come and meet the team who works on VS Code every day.

It's free, starts at 8am PST, and sessions will be available for replay after the event.

https://code.visualstudio.com/vscode-day

3 0
0 213

Hi developers!

Often we need to deploy some data along with code pieces of the application.

And for InterSystems IRIS developers the question could sound: "How can I deploy the data I have in globals?"

InterSystems IRIS Globals Model QuickStart | InterSystems

Here I want to suggest to you one of the approaches - deploying global data using the ZPM package manager.

1 0
0 324

Hi developers!

Sometimes we need to test this or that library, framework, or function vs some dataset. And often we want to deal with some meaningful data.

Recently I added two very simple but meaningful datasets that could be installed with one line.

Titanic Dataset

Application

Contains 800+ records about passengers from the famous cruise liner. The dataset could be installed with:

zpm "install dataset-titanic"

This installs one class dc.data.Titanic with 800+ records.

Countries dataset

Application

The dataset contains data about 167 countries such as population, surface, capital, the average life expectancy. The dataset could be installed as:

zpm "install dataset-countries"

This installs one class dc.data.Countries and the global with data.

2 0
1 216

I am able to display my query result in the table pane, but I want to update it based on user click but it doesnt work. Can this be done? Below is what I am doing but it doesnt change my value on clicking. Would appreciate some guidance on this

I have ondblclick = zenPage.SelectItem

0 2
0 222

While the integrity of Caché and InterSystems IRIS databases is completely protected from the consequences of system failure, physical storage devices do fail in ways that corrupt the data they store. For that reason, many sites choose to run regular database integrity checks, particularly in coordination with backups to validate that a given backup could be relied upon in a disaster.

16 8
9 1.8K
Question
· Jan 20, 2021
Multiple Threads In Operations

I have a BPL that calls a business service (actually does lots of other things unrelated to my question). We receive an acknowledgement back containing data that is processed in the BPL and sent to the source system. The process of sending to our downstream system "A" and receiving the response takes about 20 seconds per transaction (very slow on system A's side). Due to this slowness, we end up with a backlog close to 1000 messages by the end of the workday.

0 4
0 368

We have msgs coming like below where line ending with \n then it throw error in router production but if msgs come with \r\n then router dont throw error.

any help?

EMR sending following msg.

MSH|^~&|APP|EMR|HIE|HIE|201301011226||ADT^A01|MSG00001|P|2.5|\n
EVN|A01|201301011223||\ne

Business Service read it like this as on line, and error msg shows in trace.

MSH|^~&|APP|EMR|HIE|HIE|201301011226||ADT^A01|MSG00001|P|2.5|\nEVN|A01|201301011223||\n

0 2
0 678

I need to do some nifty string manipulation on a source property. I will not be able to do it with the functions available(with the knowledge that I have of what is available). Could I call a ClassMethod to do this for me? This is what I want to do: The source property is "myemail@myemaildomain.co.uk". I need to add the text "test" to the beginning of that string. "testmyemail@myemaildomain.co.uk".

0 7
0 220
Question
· Jan 14, 2021
SQL Inbound Adapter settings

In the Inbound SQL Adapter settings, is it possible to specify more than 1 field as the Key Field Name?

Because of the way the Query is being index in Ensemble by the Key Field Name, sometimes transactions get missed and I would like to see if we can add an additional key to the mix to ensure all the transactions are picked up. In this case the InterfaceTrigger is an ID that is auto generated by the table, and I would like to use that as well to ensure we don't miss transactions, and it does not throw any warning messages when it executes the Delete Query.

0 1
0 252

For the benefit of those who want to use the Document Database (DocDB) capabilities within InterSystems IRIS, and specifically the REST API it provides, I put together a Postman Collection that provides samples for several basic calls.

For example:

1 0
0 677
Question
· Jan 14, 2021
Page break - Zen Report

I have two tables in a row in my report, but if the first table gets too big to the point that tables 1 and 2 don't fit on the page, the page breaks.

The problem is that the page break is happening in the middle of table 2 and I wanted the page to break and leave table 2 on the second page.

No table grows to the point of occupying more than one page alone.

Any tips on how to guarantee this?

Remembering that the reports were made using Zen Report.

2 1
0 221