Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems Multi-Model Contest that will give you extra points in the voting:

• InterSystems Globals (key-value)
  • InterSystems SQL
  • InterSystems Objects
  • Your data model
  • ZPM Package deployment
  • Docker container usage

See the details below.<--break->

0 3
1 218
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,775 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi folks!

Just a very short note on if you want to add a cute Open Exchange shield like this:

in your GitHub repo you can do it by entering one line like this:

[![Gitter](https://img.shields.io/badge/Available%20on-Intersystems%20Open%20Exchange-00b2a9.svg)](https://openexchange.intersystems.com/package/csvgen)

In the URL place the path to your OEX page.

Thanks to the participants of contest for such a neat shield )

What other helpful Github shields do you know? Please share in the comments?

1 0
0 227
Question
· Jan 26, 2021
跨命名空间开发

编码中,zn “命名空间”这样跨命名空间使用操作会导致队列中具有很多 _sync:进程号,不知道这种情况是切换命名空间操作的问题还是使用的问题?对于这种跨命名空间有没有更好的应用方式? In coding, the operation of Zn "namespace" across the namespace will lead to a lot of errors in the queue_ Sync: process number. I don't know if this is a problem of switching the namespace operation or using it? Is there a better way to apply this kind of cross namespace?

0 2
0 155

Hi,

I am very much a newbe on the subject of JWT, so please except my ignorance.

The Trust I am currently working for wish to create a framework whereby they can create REST API Services, within HealthConnect, and grant access to these using JSON Web Token Authorisation and Bearer Tokens. This would be similar to the way the Trust currently connects to other REST API's, i.e.: DocMan Connect and GOV.UK Notify.

Can anyone offer any advice / sample code and / or point me into the direct of suitable documentation to achieve this?

0 4
0 1K

Hi colleagues!

Every day Johns Hopkins University publishes new data on coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic status.

I built a simple InterSystems IRIS Analytics dashboard using InterSystems IRIS Community Edition in docker deployed on GCP Kubernetes which shows key measures of the disease outbreak.

This dashboard is an example of how information from CSV could be analyzed with IRIS Analytics and deployed to GCP Kubernetes in a form of InterSystems IRIS Community Edition.

Added the interactive map of the USA:

19 13
3 945

Hello everyone :-)

I would like to grant access to the Event Log (below in French "Journal des événements") to a user, and more generally to an existing group of users (this group is named "Helpdesk").

Helpdesk has already access to the following tables:

0 4
0 265

Artificial intelligence has solved countless human challenges – and medical coding might be next.
As organizations prepare for ICD-11, medical coding is about to become more complicated. Healthcare organizations in the United States already manage 140,000+ codes in ICD-10. With ICD-11, that number will rise.
Some propose artificial intelligence as a solution. AI could aid computer-based medical coding systems, identifying errors, enhancing patient care, and optimizing revenue cycles, among other benefits.

1 0
0 562
Article
· Jan 25, 2021 2m read
Static Documentation Generators

Hi Community,

In the past, technical documentation of the source code and software products was generated in chm, pdf files and documentation generators of the programming languages themselves. This old approach had the following limitations:
1. Outdated documentation;
2. Non-interactive and difficult to consult documentation;
3. Layout unresponsive, unfriendly and not adherent to HTML;
4. Inability to customize the layout of the documentation;
5. Inability to have HTML 5 documentation online and offline.
6. Lack of Markdown support.

1 5
0 540

Currently running on limited hardware, Online Backups are becoming a bottleneck for our system.

For now, we are exploring an option to backup individual databases, or groups of them, thus reducing RAM requirements per individual backup task. To do that, however, we'd need a separate Backup List for our Backup Tasks. We did not find an option to do so in web portal, so currently we are looking at inheriting from system backup tasks and Backup.General classes to generate Backup List before backing up and then performing the backup as normal.

1 3
0 391

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Extending Interoperability with PEX & Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JoSS4QYaELc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 196

Developer Community: Help us help you!InterSystems Learning Services: Review the Learning site and get a VISA gift card!

We are trying to better understand how our users navigate through the Learning site. Would you like to share your thoughts?

If you're willing to participate in an in-depth interview over WebEx about your experiences, please fill out this quick survey by Feb 26, and you might be eligible for a Visa gift card! Indicate in the survey that you'd like to talk to us and we will be in touch soon!

Feedback from real users like you in invaluable to us and helps us create a better product.

Thank you so much! If you have any questions, contact me at michelle.spisak@intersystems.com.

0 0
0 121
Question
· Jan 26, 2021
IMAP Email Adapter

Hi,

I need to create a Business Service that connects too and processes emails via IMAP.

Has anyone done a similar task and if so, can they provide advice?

There is inbuilt support for POP3 (POP3 adapter) but not for IMAP.

Thanks.

Anthony Breen

0 2
0 265
Discussion
· Jan 25, 2021
web service api consumed license

1) Does web service access consume license?

2) In web service program, we used a connection pool to reuse the session id, but it doesn’t work, the license consume increased quickly, it seems connection pool didn’t work, do you have any sample to do it?

1 1
0 201

Hello, developers!

I would like to share the history of the project - the ZAPM shell.

As soon as ZPM was implemented, I immediately began to think about how best to use it.

And immediately faced with the desire to move more quickly between namespaces, especially when there are more than 20 of them.
I had to leave the ZPM, move to the desired namespace and re-enter the shell.
I suggested an improvement - a new "namespace" command for easier navigation.
I didn’t wait - I did it myself. And so it went. If you need it, get ready to do it yourself.

5 0
0 184

The ObjectScript language of InterSystems IRIS has a very powerful metadata engine called XData. This feature allows the creation of metadata definitions for your classes, to be used by the compiler or by programs that will extend the standard features of the language, based on the XData definitions of its scope.

2 0
0 357

Coming up this Wednesday (27th January 2021), two and a half hours of online sessions by members of the product team at Microsoft.

Join the Visual Studio Code team and community at a live event just for VS Code users. Get a glimpse of things to come and meet the team who works on VS Code every day.

It's free, starts at 8am PST, and sessions will be available for replay after the event.

https://code.visualstudio.com/vscode-day

3 0
0 213

Hi developers!

Often we need to deploy some data along with code pieces of the application.

And for InterSystems IRIS developers the question could sound: "How can I deploy the data I have in globals?"

InterSystems IRIS Globals Model QuickStart | InterSystems

Here I want to suggest to you one of the approaches - deploying global data using the ZPM package manager.

1 0
0 323

Hi developers!

Sometimes we need to test this or that library, framework, or function vs some dataset. And often we want to deal with some meaningful data.

Recently I added two very simple but meaningful datasets that could be installed with one line.

Titanic Dataset

Application

Contains 800+ records about passengers from the famous cruise liner. The dataset could be installed with:

zpm "install dataset-titanic"

This installs one class dc.data.Titanic with 800+ records.

Countries dataset

Application

The dataset contains data about 167 countries such as population, surface, capital, the average life expectancy. The dataset could be installed as:

zpm "install dataset-countries"

This installs one class dc.data.Countries and the global with data.

2 0
1 216