InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,817 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

The boss (reasonable intelligent ;-) wants to connect to the cache database through Excel, but unless I explain what he's looking for (field names DB names etc) then I can see him continually coming back for "what's the link here and how do I get the delivery company name etc etc"

is there a SAFE way I can give him access to our database using an intelligent visual user interface.

I had thought about the SQL Query Builder within the management portal, but the thought of giving him access to all of the other functionality of the management portal.

0 3
0 228

Let's say I have a persistent class Sales.
I need to create a report that shows the amount of sales for each branch.
By simply using the class Sales for the source of the cube, I can show what I want with one little exception - the branches that did not have any sales are not shown.
Is there a way around that that does not involve creating a whole new table just for this cube or using a Data connector (they have horrible documentation and I am unable to figure out how to use them properly)?

0 3
0 150

I am trying to read some binary data from a local file or through socket.

The binary data is like H.264 codec, I need to read data BYTE by BYTE (even BIT by BIT) and decide the next step based on the data read so far.

I check the documentation and it seems like most of the sample focus on human readable IO, ie: LINE by LINE.

Could I achieve my goal through COS?

Thanks.

0 3
0 1.1K

Hi all,

I'm performing a migration of some services from one instance to another, and I noticed that the technique defined within the InterSystems Server Migration Guide does not include OAuth client configurations. The recommended technique is to use the ##class(Security.System).ExportAll() and ##class(Security.System).ImportAll() methods.

Is there a way to migrate OAuth client configurations, or do those have to be re-created manually?

0 3
0 301

(Originally posted on Intersystems CODE by @Eduard Lebedyuk, 10/12/15) The following code snippet outputs all filenames in the file path "dir" in the Cache/IRIS terminal. The class method "test" runs the code:

Class eduardlebedyuk.filenamesInDir Extends %RegisteredObject
{
	classmethod test() {
		// replace dir with file path you want
		set dir = "D:\directory" 
		set dir = ##class(%File).NormalizeDirectory(dir)
		set file=$ZSEARCH(dir_"*")
		while file'="" {
			write !,file
			set file=$ZSEARCH("")
		}
	}
}

1 3
2 1.7K
Question
· Sep 6, 2018
BPL XPATH use

Hi

I'm trying to get a text value of a xml node of a XML Document through the xpath activity within a BPL diagram.

I set the source to Request and all the other properties.

The error I always get back is Method does not exist...

Could anyone help me out?

Kind Regards

-----

0 3
0 394

We are successfully using System Default Settings to manage differences in settings across environments where the production and underlying code are otherwise identical. However, the TestingEnabled and LogGeneralTraceEvents settings don't appear to be settable via this mechanism. While we appear to be able to set them on the SDS page, they do not show up as selectable when resetting the settings on the Production Settings tab in the management portal - see screenshots below.

0 3
0 146

Hi there,

I'm working on a project where I retrieve RawHL7 message(ORU R01 2.3.1) content from a database in a BPL. I've created a context object of type Enslib.HL7.Message, and I need to populate it with the contents from the RawHL7 message so that I can use this context object as source for my DTL transformation.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best approach to achieve this? I'm looking for guidance on how to efficiently transfer the data from the RawHL7 message to the context object.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 3
0 256
Question
· Sep 5, 2021
Global Access command query

Hello everyone,

I am new to cache. I want to know is there any direct command to know how to find maximum number of subscripts in global A through direct command.

I mean the answer is 9 but how to check it using a direct command on terminal.

Thanks in advance!!

^A(1)="A"

^A(1,2)="B"

^A(2,1)="CVB"

^A(3,2,7)="'DFGH"

^A(4,1,8,9)="ASDASD"

^A(5,1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9)="ASDASDASD"

0 3
0 249

Let Say I have
Class Carrier Extends %Persistent

Property Employee As Array of Class Employees

Class Employees Extends %SerialObject

Property Name As %String

Property Address As Array of Class AddressDetail

Class AddressDetail Extends %SerialObject

Property Street1 As %String

Property Street2 As %String

I can get value for Employee Name as Employee_Name.

But I want to Get Value of Address Street1 and Street2 of Class AddressDetail using SQL Query
How can I get that?

0 3
0 366

I would like to know if an encrypted caché database can run significantly slower than a normal "unencrypted" database, in a way that is noticeable to the end user (e.g. slower response time for most pages, especially the ones that rely on read/writing to globals).

I searched in Intersystems knowledge base and couldn't find anything related. I'm looking for possible before/after benchmarks.

0 3
0 266

Introduction

Not so long ago, I came across the idea of using Python Class Definition Syntax to create IRIS classes on the InterSystems Ideas Portal. It caught my attention since integrating as many syntaxes as possible gives visibility to InterSystems’s products for programmers with experience in many languages.

8 3
0 336

Hi all,

I'm very new to this ecosystem so please bear with me:

I've startted learning online and have installed everything I need. I have VS code and I have most definitely installed the pack (3 packages) needed for working on it with ObjectScript. Even though this is the case I'm running into 2 problems:

1. when I type "class" I only get 4 option for auto complete. no "class with multiple inheritances" or anything of the sort. In fact, no Class at all, only ClassMethod. ClassResponse etc.

0 3
0 149

I have a cache client trying to call a web service using SOAP version 1.2. We receive a SOAP error with the following text:

COD>w ##class(DBMS.Tools).DecomposeError(%objlasterror)

ERROR #6248: SOAP response is a SOAP fault: <Fault><Code><Value>s:Sender</Value>

0 3
0 1.9K

Hi members,

I have these data :

and need to exploit the first character of cot field (Library CDU classification) like this :

I get this result... it's approximatively what I want... but I need it in just one line !

With mySQL I get it with just GROUP BY rcddate

0 3
0 300

Hello,

When i click on the menu to run the Data import wizard from MP, i receive following CSP error

<UNDEFINED>zOnPageHEAD+229^%cspapp.exp.utilsqleximwizardcontent.1 *schemaname : CSP Error

It is happening for all the namespaces. Looks like some permission issue. Same issue with Data Export wizard. Help to resolve this will be appreciated.

I am using

Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2017.2.2 (Build 865_0_18763U)

Thanks,

0 3
0 267

I get NOROUTINE when I try to call a label in a routine in another namespace:

d someLabel^|”OTHERNAMESPACE”|someRoutine(inputVar,.resultByReference)

Two questions:

1. What is wrong with my syntax for calling a label in the other routine, versus just the root of the .int/mac?

2. Can I pass a parameter by reference when using extended routine reference?

0 3
0 612

Here is an ObjectScript snippet which lets to create database, namespace and a web application for InterSystems IRIS:

set currentNS = $namespace

zn "%SYS"

write "Create DB ...",!
    set dbName="testDB"
    set dbProperties("Directory") = "/InterSystems/IRIS/mgr/testDB"
    set status=##Class(Config.Databases).Create(dbName,.dbProperties)
    write:'status $system.Status.DisplayError(status)
    write "DB """_dbName_""" was created!",!!

write "Create namespace ...",!
    set nsName="testNS"
    //DB for globals
    set nsProperties("Globals") = dbName
    //DB for routines
    set nsProperties("Routines") = dbName
    set status=##Class(Config.Namespaces).Create(nsName,.nsProperties)
    write "Namespace """_nsName_""" was created!",!!

write "Create web application ...",!
    set webName = "/csp/testApplication"
    set webProperties("NameSpace") = nsName
    set webProperties("Enabled") = $$$YES
    set webProperties("IsNameSpaceDefault") = $$$YES
    set webProperties("CSPZENEnabled") = $$$YES
    set webProperties("DeepSeeEnabled") = $$$YES
    set webProperties("AutheEnabled") = $$$AutheCache
    set status = ##class(Security.Applications).Create(webName, .webProperties)
    write "Web application """webName""" was created!",!

zn currentNS

5 3
5 1.4K

I built my rest api with ^%REST and update with CreateApplication.
Postman works fine and I suppose production server will work fine as UI and rest api will be on the same domain, but for now in dev, I need to have access from my local to the Iris rest api. I have a CORS error.

I do not know how to configure my swagger file to have either Parameter HandleCorsRequest=1 or <route Cors=true in the generated displ,cls.

0 3
0 65

Hi all

We are looking into automating worklist report SQL queries that we run manually on InterSystems IRIS platform but we would like to have them run on a Java application.

This means we must have a way to get our java application to talk to IRIS in order for those queries to run. Please advise on how to go about this?

Regards,

Ephraim Malane

0 3
0 212