Hello,

We are trying to migrate all our production to new IRIS servers. To test everything is working fine, and to be able to script the process, we want to import the data into new IRIS servers using a backup file (created with ^BACKUP). But we've found that IRIS doesn't recognize Ensemble backups so we can't import it using ^DBREST :-O

Any of you know how to import in IRIS an Ensemble backup file?

Thanks a lot,
David

0 3
0 544
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,757 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Jan 31, 2018 3m read
Container - What is a Container?

Containers

With the launch of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, we provide our product even in a Docker container. But what is a container?

The fundamental container definition is that of a sandbox for a process.

Containers are software-defined packages that have some similarities to virtual machines (VM) like for example they can be executed.

Containers provide isolation without a full OS emulation. Containers are therefore much lighter than a VM.

12 20
1 2.4K

EnsLib.HL7.Message.cls provides many API methods for manipulating an HL7 message. RemoveSegmentAt(), for example, can be used to remove a segment by path or index, but only one segment at a time. There may be times that you'll need to remove all segments within a group or even many groups of segments from the HL7 message. Surely you can iterate through each segment in each group and remove them one by one, but there's a much easier way.

With just one command, like below, you can remove all OBX segments in an ORU_R01 message (msg):

4 1
0 2.3K

Hi

Totally new to IRIS and Cache.

Trying to evaluate it and work out how we could use it.

As a standard application database. Object or relational etc. does not matter.

Issue is ObjectScript.

So:

1) Can we develop, maintain and use an IRIS database and never use ObjectScript i.e. use only Java, Python, C++ interfaces etc. (exactly which one does not matter)? Would that make designing and using the IRIS database more prone to inefficiency and error?

2 4
0 797

I need to write a script to answer a couple of fairly simple questions:

1) What is the current routine DB (name and location) for this namespace?

2) What is the current data DB (name and location) for this namespace?

3) Is global ^ABC mapped to a different location than the default data DB?

Can anyone point me to some system APIs that would allow me to answer these questions?

Thanks!

Ben

0 2
0 439
Question
· Aug 15, 2018
ASTM TCP/IP Business Service

Hi,

Trying to build a passthrough based on ASTM . I have created 2Way TCP/IP Business Service and specified a PORT (as Adapter Settings). The Source system is broadcasting from IP 20:30:100:100 , Port 10000 . Ensemble is on 20:40:40:100 , What is the possible change that I have to implement to receive this broadcasted messaged ? . Should the Ensemble Server be on the IP range to receive the broadcast ?

Many Thanks,

0 3
0 418

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Continuous Delivery with Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QyE7sF86eMk
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 303

Hello!

Is there a way to create a custom ObjectScript formatting profile with Atelier?

I'm looking for something similar to the built-in controls provided with the Eclipse Java formatter.

0 4
0 378

Working on implementation FHIR to my project, I found interesting project HAPI-FHIR, which could help me to quickly launch my FHIR api server with InterSystems Caché as a storage, because this projects uses Hibernate to connect to database, as an example they use DerbyDB. I tried to change settings to use InterSystems Caché, but unfortunately it does not work and throw some errors inside HIbernate. As I found in Caché documentation, I have not some many options, I just have to set Cache dialect, and set database url.

2 13
0 1.6K

Hey Developers!

New session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Using Blockchain with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hoYJA6T802s
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 3
0 455

Can anyone tell me how to discover in ObjectScript the operating system and operating system version that Caché is actually running in? (Not the operating system the build was compiled for.)

0 11
1 982

I am trying to use the automated unittest class for a %CSP.Rest service.

So my Unittest code set's %request and %response from %CSP.Req/resp respectively

I build a tProxy with the fields I need for the post and set it %ToJson... I have tried seting %request.Content = tProxy (and not)

I call the method for the post url directly...

When that method calls %fromJson to set an object with the info. I passed...

- when I don't set %request.content.. I get a error '5035 - premature end of data code 12'

0 7
2 1.1K

I need to dynamically create a class based on a parameter passed into a class method. Basically the method takes in a string that contains the name of the class I need to create a new instance of.

I need something along these lines.

ClassMethod someMethod(className As %String)
{
	set classObject = ##class(className).%New()

}

Trying to do this right results in a class not found error because it seems to be treating the variable as a literal string.

0 3
0 933

Hi, I want to create a service which on start will simply go through a list of values in a global and compare dates. If criteria is met, it will send an email.

But what kind of Adapter do I use? I see SQL, FILE, HTTP etc..etc.. But I dont want to use them

Please can you advice on how I should go about this?

Should I create a BS. Class and do onAdapterTASK() and simply build a method? Even then it is asking the kind of adapter I want

Would appreciate some guidance on this

Regards,

Eric

0 8
0 366

Has anyone worked out a way to use LDAP to define the default namespace on multiple servers? I know that documentation says that intersystems-Namespace-xxx only supports one namespace, but how is this useful? Any workaround to say have intersystems-Namespace-server1-namespaceA and intersystems-Namespace-server2-namespaceB? Is it best practice to use the same "namespace" on every server?

Thanks!

0 1
0 243