InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,959 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Announcement
· May 26, 2021
Video: Cloud Backup Strategies

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Cloud Backup Strategies

https://www.youtube.com/embed/5mCQ5q9bdAE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 259
Question
· Nov 4, 2021
IRIS Language Bridge Python

At the recent virtual conference I saw the demonstration on being able to run Python within ObjectScript and run ObjectScript within Python thanks to a feature called Language Bridge. Is this available now? If so, am I able to install it? I am currently running HealthShare 2020.1. I have a little bit of experience using Irisnative with Python but was intrigued with the more seamless-looking features offered by the Language Bridge.

Thanks for any insight.

Marlin Mixon

1 5
0 259

I've recently encountered a HS Caché that won't start informing that Collation 30 is not available, but I have not found an easy way of knowing what collation is 30.

I've found that the following command returns the ones from the current locale, but not from all locales:

Set Rset = ##class(%ResultSet).%New("%Library.Collate:CollationList")

d Rset.Execute()

While (Rset.Next()) {zw Rset.Number_": "_Rset.Name}

Thank you

0 2
1 259

I have a file passthrough service that should check for new new files every 10 minutes, process them and then wait again for 10 minutes, even if there are new files waiting in the source directory. The "CallInterval" value feels like a wrong tool for this need since it would keep the service "locked" for a maximun of 10 minutes before releasin resources. Is there a better way than CallInterval to schedule the service to poll for files every 10 minutes?

0 2
0 258

Hello,

I am using a class based on %UnitTest.TestProduction to test Health Connect production.

I read in Class Reference IRIS for UNIX 2020.1:

Note: This class is not intended to be used in InterSystems IRIS instances.

Why should this not be used in IRIS? I have not seen any difference using this with HealthConnect 2017 or IRIS 2020.1

0 1
0 258

Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems Analytics contest that will give you extra points in the voting.

Adaptive Analytics (AtScale) Cubes usage - 4 points
InterSystems Adaptive Analytics provides the option to create and use AtScale cubes for analytics solutions.

You can use the AtScale server we set up for the contest (URL and credentials can be collected in the Discord Channel) to use cubes or create a new one and connect to your IRIS server via JDBC.

The visualization layer for your Analytics solution with AtScale can be crafted with Tableau, PowerBI, Excel, or Logi.

Documentation, AtScale documentation

Training

1 0
0 258

Hello, I am trying to get the Zen Print Server to work so that i can use the pdfprint mode in Zen Reports. Zen Reports will create pdfs just fine, so that part is working. And the printer works fine from other applications on this computer and I have verified the printer name a bunch of times.

This is Caché 2016.2 on Windows 10. I have tried this using Adobe 11.0 and Adobe DC. I have made and started a Zen Report Print Server with

Name = "ZenPrint"

Port = "4321"

and Ping Port = "4320"

0 4
0 258

Welcome to the February'22 Community Release!

We're pleased to present our brand new Community Event Calendar for InterSystems developers:

🎯 https://community.intersystems.com/events

In this calendar, you will see the history of DC events. Find out about events that are happening now or soon, check out past events, and watch recordings of Community's webinars and meetups.

Let's take a closer look at how to use it.

6 2
0 258

Hi Community!

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

A Skeptics Guide to Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1E88B-sFcY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 258

Hi All

When performing an update transaction on patient data in GUI Apex 5.8 cache2017, we randomly get a ‘Database Connection Lost’ error. Subsequently the application quits and the incomplete transaction is rolled back.

We have confined its not a network issue as we can still query the database using CHUI Apex when these events occur.

so any input appreciated.

0 1
0 258

Upgraded IRIS/Connect to 2022.1 and /api/atelier no longer works through a Web/CSPGateway. Also upgraded the Web/CSPGateway to version WebGateway-2022.1.0.152.0 on Ubuntu and HTTPD Server version: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) with no luck as well.

It doesnt seem to matter if I add /api/atelier or /api/monitor to the enabled applications list, these routes do not make it back to the instance, however /csp, /csp/sys still does.

1 2
0 258

InterSystems announces its first preview, as part of the developer preview program for the 2023.2 release. This release will include InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health.

Highlights

Many updates and enhancements have been added in 2023.2 and there are also brand-new capabilities, such as Time-Aware Modeling, enhancements of Foreign Tables, and the ability to use Ready-Only Federated Tables. Some of these features or improvements may not be available in this current developer preview.

0 3
0 258

I have some code in a mac routine that use indentation and the "." character :

IF condition1 DO
     .WRITE YCR,...
     .WRITE YCR,...
     .WRITE YCR,...

I would like to add a try / catch block between the write statements.
I can't refactor the whole code and use indentation with curly braces instead (there is too much code, not written by me)

I have tried the following but it does not work (it compiles, but code stop running right before the try keyword)

0 2
0 258