Hello,

I don't know if the title is accurate enough. I have a legacy code that I need to optimize. It's a routine written in objectscript. It accepts 4 parameters and runs 6 nested FOR...$ORDER reading a big global.

The thing is when I run the routine the first time it takes around 60 seconds to run. If I run it again it takes 5 seconds. If I wait around 6 to 10 minutes to run it again, it takes 60 seconds again, but if I run it every 1, 2, 3... minutes it still takes only 5 seconds to run.

0 9
0 417

I'd like to share with you some storage features that also exist in Caché but are almost
unknown and mostly not used. They are of course available in IRIS and gain importance
with large and distributed storage architectures.

14 0
0 417

HI Community,

Now Intersystems has developers definitely cut-off from Zen/CSP I am looking for sample code how to invoke server-side methods from Angular and PHP, Java client.

I only see some rest/json crud examples, but that is not the whole picture I assume.

Let's say I have a persistent Class with a class method to import or modify data...

I want to invoke this from my Angular App or PHP app.

any examples, suggestions?

0 5
0 417
Question
· Apr 15, 2021
Return ACK from Process

Hello,

We would need some help, please

First of all thanks for your time used reading this question

Also, thanks for your patience

We need to generate an ACK in a Process and return it to the Service to reply

We have currently written a code block with:

0 4
0 417

Hi,

we are moving an existing ZEN-Application to a new version of Caché (2017.2.2). It is a rather old application and we need to do some modifications due to the thightend security of ZEN in this and prior release (we came from 2013.1). One of the changes required is to alter a table Name of a ZEN-Table on the server-side. Anyway this gives us a problem, since we receive an error

ERROR #5001: Client modification of protected property ( tableName) disallowed for security reasons.
SOURCELEMENT: %ZEN.Component.tablePane (tpSimilarity)

0 2
0 417
Question
· Aug 25, 2017
Zen Report - ErrorNo: 5540

I'm working on an existing Zen Report that uses queryClass/queryName to retrieve data using a class that has a Stored Procedure method. Which works fine.
I have created second class with a Stored Procedure method, I modified the zen report to use this class and now I'm having the following error.

Error: SQLCODE: -99 Message: User UnknownUser is not privileged for the operation
ErrorNo: 5540

Regards,

Rui

1 4
0 417

Hi All,
I am implementing REST API's in IRIS using the below link as a guide.
I chose this approach so i could have a single entry point for requests regardless of namespace

https://community.intersystems.com/post/restful-exception-handling

a sample form the HIHLib.REST.Server class i am using is below. my question is does IRIS and CSP cache responses for requests to the CSP.REST class?
and if so what parameters or properties do i need to enable?

0 2
0 416
9 4
1 416
Question
· Aug 15, 2019
Error on Trakcare Report

Hi,

I am trying to create a new report on Trakcare. I created a class file and corresponding crystal report . It works fine and data is populating when I try to run on crystal environment. But when I make a setup on Trakcare and click on print option, I am getting an error on print history " VB error in tkCrystalJob] Error number[-2147417848] Method '~' of object '~' failed [at line 421]". If I click on print preview option its going to empty browser. Inorder to setup new report, already made set up on report manager and menu manager.

0 1
0 416

I want to upload several files using the html tag

< input multiple="multiple" name="BulkFileUpload" type="file">

. The upload.csp page in the SAMPLE namespace only shows how to extract a single file from the MimeData on the %request object. I cannot fathom how to extract multiple files from the MimeData in the %request object in cache. Can some kind soul explain to me how to do that?

0 2
0 416

I'm able to log into my local instance of HealthShare through the Management Portal, but once I've done so, the screen is entirely blank. I'm still able to access Terminal and Studio without any issue, as well as a hosted instance's Management Portal. I've tried stopping and starting HealthShare, no luck. I've been working on this instance for the past several months and haven't experienced anything like this, and I don't know of anything that I was doing that would have broken the Management Portal. Anyone have a suggestion as to where to go from here?

0 3
0 416

Hi guys!

Suppose you developed a tool, framework, library on InterSystems ObjectScript for InterSystems Data Platform, share it via Open Exchange and want people to install it.

What is the best strategy if it is a library and supposed to be called from different namespaces?

Here are the following thoughts:

1. Tool's developer should be able to use globals to read/store data the tool needs.

2. Tool's consumer should be confident, that the thing he/she installs will not harm the application's data.

3. A tool should be callable from any application's namespace.

4. Tool's installation(in general) should not request manual security changes (e.g. grant the write access to IRISLIB) and %YourClass is not an option.

5. It's easy to uninstall the tool - just delete the namespace/database (maybe delete some web-apps too).

0 10
0 416
Question
· Jun 14, 2018
Single Row SQL.Snapshot

I have several stored procedures that when I execute them they will only return a single snapshot. In my BP I have been setting this to a Snapshot variable then looping using a WHILE through the snapshot variable just to get that single value.

Since it is only a single row, is there an easier way where I don't have to do a WHILE loop to pull the values out of that row? Can I call First Row or something like that to get me just the row into the Snapshot variable?

0 1
0 416

Hi,

I have a Zen Mojo application that haves a tree menu, in this menu I'm loading all records from database (about 1500) and the page is very slow, about 2 seconds to load, I don't know how to get faster.

1 6
0 416

I'm doing some Schema changes. I used our existing standard schema as a base, which was already based on 2.3. So let's call our existing one Custom.MHC.Schema (based on 2.3). I created Custom.MHC.Schema.Advanced (based on Custom.MHC.Schema) and copied down one of the code tables then made a change to it.

When I ran a message through, the code table change didn't show up. I noticed in the message viewer that the DocType is still Custom.MHC.Schema:ADT_A01 but the DocType Category is Custom.MHC.Schema.Advanced.

0 1
0 416