What is %SQLRESTRICT

%SQLRESTRICT is a special %FILTER clause for use in MDX queries in InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence. Since this function begins with %, it means this is a special MDX extension created by InterSystems. It allows users to insert an SQL statement that will be used to restrict the returned records in the MDX Result Set. This SQL statement must return a set of Source Record IDs to limit the results by. Please see the documentation for more information.

Why is this useful?

This is useful because there are often times users want to restrict the results in their MDX Result Set based on information that is not in their cubes. It may be the case that this information may not make sense to be in the cube. Other times this can be useful when there is a large set of values you want to restrict. As mentioned before, this is not a standard MDX function, it was created by InterSystems to handle cases were queries were not performing well or cases that were not easily solved by existing functions.

6 0
1 545

As you know in Caché / IRIS you have the possibility to define a property as Multidimensional as documented here:
https://docs.intersystems.com/iris20201/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GOBJ_proplit#GOBJ_proplit_multidim
and the explanation of how to use it
https://docs.intersystems.com/iris20201/csp/docbook/Doc.View.cls?KEY=GOBJ_proplit#GOBJ_proplit_multidim_values

Though the access is quite comfortable (in traditional COS sense) there are 2 main restrictions that hurt:

#1) It is not saved to disk unless your application includes code to save it specifically.
#2) It cannot be stored in or exposed through SQL tables
there are some more
I'll show how to overcome these limits

14 1
2 539
Article
· Jun 29, 2020 3m read
Terminal Multi-Line Option

The Command extension enables the execution of Multi-Line Commands from Terminal prompt.

Installation & Execution

Import %ZML.xml to Namespace %SYS

Optionally you may add this line to your %ZLANGC00.mac for a simplified use:

ZML do ^%zml quit  ; add multi line command in terminal

and
USER>zml

otherwise, just call it from the terminal command prompt

10 0
1 532
Article
· Jul 25, 2020 1m read
Develop integration service

The InterSystems IRIS has an integration engine with these core elements:

1. Adapters: are inbound (data/message input/request) and outbound (data/message output/response) integration logic specialized in the type of data or message protocol (file, http, etc.). They are the interface to allows connect with source or target data repositories or systems.

2. DTL: is a component to mapping and transform data between two components in the flow orchestration.

2 3
3 515

Keywords: IRIS, IntegratedML, Machine Learning, Covid-19, Kaggle

Continued from the previous Part I ... In part I, we walked through traditional ML approaches on this Covid-19 dataset on Kaggle.

In this Part II, let's run the same data & task, in its simplest possible form, through IRIS integratedML which is a nice & sleek SQL interface for backend AutoML options. It uses the same environment.

0 0
0 512
Article
· Nov 21, 2020 3m read
ObjectScript over ODBC

Every now and then you may encounter a situation where for various reasons
ODBC is the only option to access a remote system. Which is sufficient as long as you need to examine or change tables.
But you can't directly execute some commands or change some Global.

Special thanks @Anna Golitsyna for inspiring me to publish this.

11 0
0 511

Using SOAP Web Services or REST API Resources, if you want to deliver strategic digital assets for your organization, SOA aproach is an excellent option. The InterSystems IRIS supports like a charm the SOA principles with Contract First technique to model services aligned with the business, and create the services from the service contracts (Open API or WSDL).

2 0
2 504

Setting up Management Portal Help Pages for Full WebServers

On each page of the System Management Portal, there is a “Help” button. This takes users to an article in documentation that describes the page functionality and use.

Caché provides local documentation for all of these articles.

InterSystems IRIS does not provide local documentation. Instead, the Help button will redirect users to the articles in the online documentation at docs.intersystems.com.

4 0
0 504

InterSystems IRIS for Health ENSDEMO

Yet another basic setup of ENSDEMO content into InterSystems IRIS for Health.

Make sure you have Docker up and running before starting.

Setup

Clone the repository to your desired directory

git clone https://github.com/OneLastTry/irishealth-ensdemo.git

Once the repository is cloned, execute:

Always make sure you are inside the main directory to execute docker-compose commands.

5 14
0 499
Article
· Aug 22, 2020 1m read
Transition from Cache to IRIS: Value Canvas

Some clients ask me about migrate from Cache to IRIS. Why migrate to IRIS? Cache is excellent, stable, has good performance. These clients are right, but in the last years, the digital transformation imposed more complete solutions for the new requirements and InterSystems was a visionary to perceive it and launch IRIS.
It is a data platform ready to this digital transformation challenge. To show this, I created a Value Canvas.

1 0
3 499

FHIR Terminology Service specification describes a set of operations on CodeSystem, ValueSet and ConceptMap resources. Among those operations, the following four operations appear to be the most widely adopted ones:

CodeSystem ValueSet
$lookup
$validate-code
$expand
$validate-code

Developing a partial implementation of the specification has been an effective way to explore the new FHIR framework introduced in IRIS for Health 2020.1. The implementation includes four operations listed above, and supports read and search interactions for CodeSystem and ValueSet resources.

It's important to note that the implementation uses plain ObjectScript persistent classes as source terminology tables.

4 1
1 491
Article
· Apr 25, 2020 2m read
Static WHERE Conditions

The typical WHERE condition in SQL relates mostly to some content of the rows you work on.
So it needs to be calculated and checked for each row you access.
Differently (and that's why I named it STATIC) is a WHERE condition that is independent of the rows you access.

14 2
1 490
Article
· Aug 22, 2020 2m read
An overview of iris-fhir-portal

I created the iris-fhir-portal as part of the current contest InterSystems IRIS for Health FHIR, and I'm writing this quick overview to introduce the features that my application offers.

The goal of iris-fhir-portal is to show how easy we can create a Patient Chart using FHIR capabilities in IRIS for Health and empower the user with their own data.

2 1
1 488

Many times it is necessary copy or send files to your docker container instance.

In my case was with IRIS JDBC driver.

Docker has this recipe for this (credits to https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/cp/):

docker cp [OPTIONS] CONTAINER:SRC_PATH DEST_PATH|-
docker cp [OPTIONS] SRC_PATH|- CONTAINER:DEST_PATH

But to copy you need your container name. Write this command for this:

docker ps

In my, my-iris is the container name.

4 1
3 483

The productions are components developed with InterSystems IRIS Interoperability module to promote integrations between systems, data sources/targets, web services, API, message channels, etc. Productions are composed by:

1) Business services to get/ingest/get data events or requests;

2) Business operations to send or persist data to repositories, systems, API, web services, etc; and

3) BPL - BPEL flows to orchestrate, mediate, compose and route data from business services to business operations.

4 0
2 476
Article
· Jul 20, 2020 1m read
Fast JSON formatting (IRIS)

t's also an example for a customized command extension (ZZJSON) in IRIS

IRIS has a nice %JSON.Formatter class.
But for debugging it is not really handy.
see:

ZWRITE js1  
js1="{""Name"":""Cunningham,John C."",""SSN"":""294-11-9150"",""DOB"":""1933-01-08"",""Home"":{""Street"":""4249 Ash Street"",""City"":""Tampa"",""State"":""MD"",""Zip"":""30176""},""FavoriteColors"":\[""White"",""Red"",""Green""]}"   

so you proceed for the most simple case

7 0
0 475

Dynamic PoolSize (DPS) Experiment

Purpose:

Enhance Ensemble or IRIS production so it can dynamically allocate pool size for adapter-based components based on their utilization.

Sometimes, an unexpected traffic volume occurs, and default pool size allocated to production components may become a bottleneck. To avoid such situations, I created a demonstrator project some 2 years ago to see, whether it would be possible and feasible to modify production, so it allowed for dynamically modifying its components per their load.

5 3
0 468

If you work with interoperability productions of InterSystems IRIS or Ensemble, no doubt you are familiar with the Message Viewer page. The page supports filtering messages according to filter criteria you enter in the Basic and/or Extended Criteria sections. Extended Criteria conditions are specified as property-operator-value triples. Once you click Search button, such triples become WHERE clause conditions of a generated SQL query executed against message header/body tables.

4 0
2 467

When using Related Cubes in InterSystems IRIS BI, cubes must be built in the proper order. The One side must be built before the Many side. This is because during build time for the Many side, it looks up the record on the One side and creates a link. If the referenced record is not found on the One side, a Missing Relationship build error is generated. The One side is going to be the independent side of the relationship, AKA the side of the relationship that is referenced by the Many side or the Dependent cube. For example: Patients contain a reference to their Doctor.

3 0
0 461