InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,880 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi everyone,

Im new in cache, i came from Java and im missing some features that i couldn't find in the documentation, I hope you can help me with this questions.

Just a brief introducction:

- Im in a project with old cache version, so saddly i can't use Eclipse + Atelier, so im using Studio.

- Currently im in a project with persistent classes, we want to turn apart the globals and focus on tables.

The questions:

0 5
0 411

Hi all,

I have a requirement to periodically poll a URL to fetch some XML data based on a list of query data, lets say every hour, and map what's returned to HL7 then send downstream, I mostly have everything contained within a business process and DTL but I'm lacking a way of invoking the process every X minutes,

The client has a prefence for as much as possible to be done via out of the box components in the standard HL7 model of "Service --> Process/Rule/DTL --> Operation" within the Web UI,

0 5
1 411

InterSystems FAQ rubric

In the sample below, an image file is encoded into a Base64 string in a class property, saved, decoded again with Base64, and restored to another file.

【Usage class】

Class User.test Extends %Persistent
{
Property pics As %GlobalBinaryStream;
}

【When importing】

7 2
2 411

NewBie's Corner Session 29 Documentation on the Caché/MUMPS Global Structure

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

This post contains several links to very good documentation of the Caché Globals Structure.

Like I said, "Perhaps the most difficult concept in Caché/MUMPS is its Global Structure."

universalNoSQL.pdf - http://mgateway.com/docs/universalNoSQL.pdf

0 6
0 411

What are the pros and cons of developing a custom database driven routing engine vs. using the Ensemble standard routing engine. What I'm trying to accomplish with the custom routing engine is less manual intervention every time a new route is added. The con I can see with the custom engine is performance may lag behind the standard engine. My development vs. Intersystems essentially.

I appreciate feedback. Thanks!

0 3
0 411

Hello community! I'm working on an internal innovation effort at InterSystems considering our documentation/resources around upgrades. As part of this, I'd love to have your answers to any/all of the following questions, either via comment or (if you prefer your answers to be more private) direct message.

Thanks in advance!

What InterSystems products + versions are you running? ($zv is ideal.)

What makes you decide to upgrade?

What are your blockers to upgrading?

What is your process for evaluating and planning a possible upgrade?

4 12
0 411

When you have been using cubes for business intelligence in a namespace for some time, you may find that there are many cubes in the namespace, only some of which are actively being used. However, it can be difficult to tell which cubes users are or are not querying, and maintaining unused cubes can be costly both in terms of storage and of computation to keep them up to date. This article provides some suggestions and examples for monitoring which cubes are in active use, and for removing cubes that you determine are no longer necessary.

4 2
2 411
Question
· Jan 8, 2022
SQL LOAD DATA date values

I have csv date file with date values like this "4/10/2021" for April 10, 2021. I defined a table with this property: Property TranDate As %Library.Date.

I capture error

[SQLCODE: <-104>:<Field validation failed in INSERT, or value failed to convert in DisplayToLogical or OdbcToLogical>] [Location: <ServerLoop>] [%msg: <Field 'dc_data_finance.transact.TranDate' (value '4/10/2021') failed validation Field ...

I do not really want to change TranDate to %String. How can I import "4/10/2021" into %Date property?

0 10
0 411

Looking for some suggestion on what the community has been setting Confirm Complete to? The testing I did when this was set to size is way too slow at around 1 message for 2 seconds. Is it safe to set this value to None? Would I get half messages if the sending system didn't compete writing the message.

0 1
0 410

We heard from a customer who wanted to display a version number as a read-only production setting. During the build on the build server, this version number is added to the Production class. This works fine, and the Version is displayed in the Portal, but the customer wanted to write protect it, so the enduser can’t change it. The customer had defined the setting like this:

Property Version As %String;
Parameter SETTINGS = "Version:Info";

We advised the customer to define SETTINGS like this instead:

Parameter SETTINGS = "Version:Alerting:label"

3 0
0 410

Introduction

InterSystems would like to optimize IRIS to take advantage of modern CPU instruction set extensions. That’s great for product performance, but how do you know if your CPU will still be supported for new IRIS builds? Here’s how to know your CPU’s microarchitecture family as well as how to find out your CPU’s specific instruction set extensions.

3 0
1 410

¡Hi everybody!

As you likely are aware, the new version of InterSystems IRIS for Health (I4H) it's already available in Docker Hub. It's the Community version and is free and fully functional. There have been comments about it in other articles and posts,... so today I won't add anything about features. Here I want to explore "the mistery about the disappearance, or better, absence of our persistent data when we run a container with the durable option" (I didn't find a terrifying font to emphasize the thriller... post editor is not terrific for styling smiley ) .

2 0
2 410

Howdy everyone,
I am not a Cache Pro... Just an old hack with an idea to try to help my client.

We are running a medium sized salvage yard with Car-Part's Checkmate vehicle inventory software running Cache. Our part lookups sometimes run 10 seconds or more.

0 2
0 410

I have a service that uses the EnsLib.SOAP.InboundAdapter, and I seem to be facing an odd problem.

Our clinical document system sent a request which contained a word document in base64, and was presented with the error "ERROR #6253: Datatype validation failed for tag payload (ending at line 1 character 2111). Unexpected tag <ClinicalDocument> found."

I took a look at the word document sent, and found it contained an image which made the document size about 4MB larger than the average document.

0 3
0 410

Hi,

I am planning to develop a new ensemble project with REST service, requests, response, business service, process and operations in Atelier. Is there any specific folder/package structure which i can follow? Appreciate any suggestions.

2 4
0 410

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I am struggling to setup TLS security for our IRIS Management Portal and etc. through Apache and the Web Gateway. I have a couple of questions when it comes to the setup.

• if I build a private key and certificate within Red Hat, does that certificate have to be on everyone's pc to connect to the Management Portal?
  • Can I use a self signed Certificate?
  • Can I use the existing CA on the server, or do I need to work with my Data Security team to get a Certificate?
0 1
0 410

I've written several custom classes to add additional search capabilities to the user / clinician search defined in HS.UI.Registry.User.Find. I've tested it out, and it looks and works how I'd like it to, but I've run into a snag when trying to implement it.

The documentation for registering custom user interface pages shows a table of about 50 configuration registry keys for UI pages, but it only lists:

0 1
0 410

Hello.

I have a delimited flat file that I need to read and then generate an HL7 A08 message from the fields in the file. I used the Management Portal's Record Mapper to generate the Map.Record class, then used drag & drop to map fields in the delimited flat-file to an A08 message.

But when I try testing this in the test tool, I'm getting an ERROR #6254: Tag expected . XML input. ... is not in proper format as child of Record (ending at line 2 character 11).

0 2
0 410

Hi,

We have a application developed in CSP and JS. Is there any way to make this application available in multiple language like Spanish etc.

We are ready to re-write the code in Zen also if it supports that feature.

Could any one of you please assist/advice a Solution to reach the required goal using Cache technologies, it will be a great help if someone has any sample code for the same.

Thanks

Paras

0 7
0 410

Has anyone tried adding syntax highlighting to GitHub for Caché CLS files?

Looking at the list of supported languages and extensions...

https://github.com/github/linguist/blob/master/lib/linguist/languages.yml

It looks like Mumps is supported, and there is also an existing language with a .cls extension, which would account for why I see some very odd highlighting going on with some of my code.

There is a page on contributing a new language here...

1 6
0 410

Hi,

a Customer of ours comes up with a requirement to improve an existing email business service within one of his ensemble productions. The services fetches emails from a mailserver on a daily basis and extract attached files from this email and send them along with some meta information through the production.

0 3
0 409