Hello community,

I am trying to parse the below HttpResponse in Cache. Cannot get the Iterator to work. Is there a single loop which can parse both or single messages and grab the error?

{
error:[
{ txt1:'error msg1'},

{ txt2:'error msg2'},
]
}

{
error: {
txt1:[
'error msg1',

'error msg2'
]
}

Thanks,

Jimmy Christian

0 16
0 2.1K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,248 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi all, it's finally time for the next release of VSCode ObjectScript extension. So what's new in this release.

• Debugging support, for classes, routines and attach to a running process
  • Files in Server Explorer now can be edited

• Added more details about connection errors

• Improvements in Server Explorer build tree

• Fixed memory leak when exporting large amount of files
  • Server view can be opened in explorer as virtual file system with schema `isfs://`
  • Option to suppress popup information message about successful compile, ("objectscript.suppressCompileMessages": true)
  • Export, addCategory setting have more flexibility in naming category for exported items
  • Formatting for commands and functions, as Word, UPPER or lower
  • Some improvements in syntax highlighting
  • Some other small fixes

10 16
3 1.6K

Hi Developers!

Often we need to use relatively small arrays with constants, static arrays in algorithms, etc where we need to do something with each element of an array. There are several ways to deal with it in ObjectSctipt.

Previously I used to use globals, locals, PPG for this but not so long time ago figured out that %List is a way too handy.

Indeed, suppose we have an array of months and need to set up and use it in our code.

2 15
1 579
Article
· Jan 18, 2019 2m read
Free IRIS Community Edition in AWS

Good News!! You can use now the Free InterSystems IRIS Community Edition in the AWS Cloud

Hello,

It's very common that people new in InterSystems IRIS want to start to work in a personal project in a full free environment. If you are one of this, Good News!! You can use now the Free InterSystems IRIS Community Edition in the AWS Cloud.

7 15
4 1.5K

Hello, everyone,

I'm trying to find solutions to a problem that's becoming quite boring.
On only one namespace, the sudio is very slow.
The studio freezes completely for 5-10 seconds when I save or compile a class. Sometimes it also freezes for no apparent reason at a random time...
It stops when I change namespace...

Do you have any idea what that could be?

Thank you in advance

0 15
0 445

Hi,

I have written a procedure with the help of object scripting to export data to a csv file. There is more data than the csv limit.

Can anyone please tell me how to get the row count of csv file using object scripting, so that I can write an if condition and write to a second csv file.

Please find the code writing to the csv given below.

0 14
0 976

Hi all, I have released the latest version of VSCode extension for ObjectScript already a month ago, and finally a time for the info about this new release.

So, what's new in the release:

What's new in this version

• added export setting "objectscript.export.addCategory" if enabled uses the previous behaviour, adds category folder to export folder, disabled by default
  • added Server actions menu, by clicking on server info from status bar. Open Management portal, Class Reference and toggle connection.
  • Class Suggestion in ##class, Extends, As, CompileAfter, DependsOn, PropertyClass
  • $SYSTEM suggestion by Classes from %SYSTEM
  • Import and compile folder or file by context menu in File Explorer
  • Server Explorer, now possible to open any other namespace
  • Macros suggestion

For details how it works now, look further.

9 14
5 947

Hello, InterSystems community!

Lately, you have probably heard of the new InterSystems Package Manager - ZPM. If you're familiar with it or with such package managers as NPM, Dep, pip/PyPI, etc. or just know what is it all about -- this question is for you! The question I want to arise is actually a system design question, or, in other words, "how should ZPM implement it".

4 14
0 332

Hi Community!

We're pleased to announce that that InterSystems IRIS Community Edition is available on the Docker Store! InterSystems IRIS Community Edition is the no-cost developer edition designed to lower the barriers to entry to get started with IRIS. Now that it is listed on the Docker Store, running an IRIS Community instance is as easy as -

10 14
2 3.7K

We at George James Software are pleased to announce that our acclaimed code debugger and editor Serenji is now available as a Visual Studio Code extension.

As well as supporting the latest InterSystems IRIS platform Serenji also works with earlier platforms, including versions lacking the server-side Atelier API support required by other VS Code extensions.

Serenji connects you directly to the code in your namespaces, resulting in an experience more familiar to existing Studio users. No need to export and import classes and routines.

We believe Serenji is the first extension to bring VS Code's powerful debugging features to ObjectScript developers.

5 13
3 1.3K
Question
· Jan 3, 2019
iris.node not found

I followed the instructions in the documentation https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls... (Install iris.node on nodejs for windows). Procedures made:

=> Copy iris.node to the location specified in the NODE_PATH environment variable: C:\Program Files\nodejs

=> I used: var irisobj = require('iris') on my js file

But is not work. Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

2 13
2 691

Hi,

I have a ORU message, which has a EVN segment that I want to remove and send the message across.

I tried to clone the request as below:

s newreq = request.constructClone

s changreq = newreq.RemoveSegmentAt("EVN")

Set request = changereq

but it fails. Is there a way that I can safely remove a segment and pass it on?

Would appreciate your help in this

Regards,

Eric

0 13
0 1.7K

Hi Everyone,

New Coding Talk, recorded by @Evgeny Shvarov, is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

GitHub Repository Template To Develop and Debug ObjectScript in InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PumOI3q5Gdk
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

9 13
3 516
Discussion
· Mar 19, 2019
Rule to validate SQL syntaxis

Hi! We have received a request to create a new rule on CachéQuality to identify when a developer uses double quotes (" ") within any SQL statement.

We have been asked many times about SQL validation rules, and we would like to open a debate to allow everyone discuss what would you like to be checked on a SQL statement.

Current examples are for basic situations:

0 13
0 550

InterSystems is pleased to announce a new Developer Download site providing full kit versions of InterSystems IRIS Community Edition and InterSystems IRIS for Health Community Edition. These are available free of charge for application development use.

You can download directly from the InterSystems Developer Community by selecting Download InterSystems IRIS.

11 13
0 3.1K

Hi Developers!

Those who use Dockerfile to work with InterSystems IRIS often need to execute several lines of ObjectScript. For me, this was a game of "escaping this and that" every time just to shoot a few commands on ObjectScript to IRIS. Ideally, I'd prefer to code ObjectScript without any quotes and escaping.

Recently I found a nice "hack" on how this could be improved to exactly this state. I got this from @Dmitry Maslennikov's repo and this lets you use Objectscript in a way as you would type it in IRIS terminal.

Here is what you have in dockerfile:

///
COPY irissession.sh /
SHELL ["/irissession.sh"]
RUN \
  do $SYSTEM.OBJ.Load("Installer.cls", "ck") \
  set sc = ##class(App.Installer).setup()
# bringing the standard shell back
SHELL ["/bin/bash", "-c"]
CMD [ "-l", "/usr/irissys/mgr/messages.log" ]
///

3 12
2 613

I am trying to make architecture for my project. And for it, it needs to make list property in which there is list of objects of another table, the data must be unique, therefore I make sql-query to check objects of another table if it is used or not, but I can't make sql-query to check elements in list in property with elements of another table. Can you help me? In property ID of object is used.

0 12
0 3K

I'm pleased to announce the latest version of extensions for ObjectScript. Just a month has gone since my latest update, and I already have something new to show.

Important. In this version connection to the server will be disabled by default. You have to activate connection through the settings:"objectscript.conn.active" = true.

5 12
1 1K

Hi all, New user here. I have an instance of Google Cloud Iris Health Community Edition running and am logged in on terminal. I follow the instructions for Google Cloud IRIS Health Community Edition. How do I get to iris? iris status yields nothing, there is no /bin/iris and sudo docker ps -a shows no containers but there probably is a iris container somewhere on the instance? 'Visit the site' yields ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

0 12
0 346
Question
· Jul 16, 2019
Interface Monitoring

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up monitoring for several interfaces. I understand that I can set an Inactivity Timeout. However, obviously there are messages coming through more frequently during certain hours than other hours.

Is there a way to set an Inactivity Timeout for each hour of the day instead of one value that is used all day long?

Best,

Erin

0 12
3 713
Question
· Oct 29, 2019
Cache Update Query

Hi,

I am trying to update an year on a date field in a cache database table but it showing an error message. But the functions are working on select query. The query I used is 

update RB_ResEffDateSessPayorRestr SET RESTR_DATETo = DATEADD(YYYY,1,RESTR_DATETo) where YEAR(RESTR_DATETo)=2020

I tried to update only the year which are 2020.

Can anyone please help me, Is there any error in the query?

Thanks

0 12
0 347

At the George James Software booth at Global Summit last year we took the wraps off the work we've been doing to make our popular editing and debugging tool Serenji available on the Visual Studio Code platform.

Rather than requiring you to pull code from your namespaces into local files, then push the changes back to the namespace to run it, you work directly in the namespace. In other words, the editing experience is like Studio rather than like Atelier.

As well as editing code you can also debug it directly from VSCode.

3 12
1 792