Article
· Feb 11, 2019 4m read
Using Oauth2 with SOAP (Web)Services

Hi guys,

Couple days ago, a customer approached me with the wish to enhance their existing legacy application, that uses SOAP (Web)Services so it shares the same authorization with their new application API based on REST. As their new application uses OAuth2, the challenge was clear; how to pass access token with SOAP request to the server.

After spending some time on Google, it turned out, that one of possible ways of doing so was adding an extra header element to the SOAP envelope and then making sure the WebService implementation does what is needed to validate the access token.

7 1
2 10.7K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,818 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

We have a data transformation where source is object collection (populated from a json file) and target is EnsLib.EDI.XML.Document.

If source file is large enough, transformation fails and we get <store> error and I quickly found this:

https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=EBPLR_DTL_foreach which at the bottom in "Avoiding <STORE> Errors with Large Messages" section tells to:

1 1
0 382

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what's a video worth? Certainly more than typing a post.

Please check out my "Coding talks" on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

1. Analysing InterSystems IRIS System Performance with Yape. Part 1: Installing Yape

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3KClL5zT6MY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

Running Yape in a container.

2. Yape Container SQLite iostat InterSystems

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cuMLSO9NQCM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

Extracting and plotting pButtons data including timeframes and iostat.

13 3
2 1.5K

Loading your IRIS Data to your Google Cloud Big Query Data Warehouse and keeping it current can be a hassle with bulky Commercial Third Party Off The Shelf ETL platforms, but made dead simple using the iris2bq utility.

Let's say IRIS is contributing to workload for a Hospital system, routing DICOM images, ingesting HL7 messages, posting FHIR resources, or pushing CCDA's to next provider in a transition of care. Natively, IRIS persists these objects in various stages of the pipeline via the nature of the business processes and anything you included along the way. Lets send that up to Google Big Query to augment and compliment the rest of our Data Warehouse data and ETL (Extract Transform Load) or ELT (Extract Load Transform) to our hearts desire.

A reference architecture diagram may be worth a thousand words, but 3 bullet points may work out a little bit better:

• It exports the data from IRIS into DataFrames
  • It saves them into GCS as .avro to keep the schema along the data: this will avoid to specify/create the BigQuery table schema beforehands.
  • It starts BigQuery jobs to import those .avro into the respective BigQuery tables you specify.

5 3
0 947

Can anyone clarify to me about the differences between these two classes?

People in this topic https://community.intersystems.com/post/using-class-queries-sqlstatement-versus-libraryresultset stated that %SQL.Statement (I am assuming they mean to talk about %SQL.StatementResult) is newer than %Library.ResultSet. But I don't really know what are the advantages of %SQL.Statement over %Library.ResultSet as the people in the topic somehow didn't mention them.

0 6
0 963

Currently, when we want to write data to a file that will be viewed in Excel, we parse the data in tab deliminated format to the file and name it with .xls at the end. That is sent to end users via email. They get a warning that the data is not formatted properly (it's not really an Excel file after all) but it does display somewhat correctly as the tabs are understood (this does not work if we deliminated with commas however).

3 28
3 3.6K

Hi Developers!

I stuck with one interesting problem.

For example, let's use this template repo. If you build this container A using docker-compose and then run the container it exposes REST-API which is available on:

localhost:52773/person/all

The question is how to make this REST-API accessible from another docker container B running on the same machine? E.g. with IRIS 2019.4 Community from this repo?

The problem is that for the second container localhost it's something which belongs to container B.

I think I need to set up a network between containers somehow. E.g. using docker-compose. But is there any simpler way?

0 2
0 268

AnalyzeThis is a tool for getting a personalized preview of your own data inside of InterSystems BI. This allows you to get first hand experience with InterSystems BI and understand the power and value it can bring to your organization. In addition to getting a personalized preview of InterSystems BI through an import of a CSV file with your data, Classes and SQL Queries are now supported as Data Sources in v1.1.0!

6 4
0 560

Hello,

I am wondering the best way to disable a user account using this class in Cache (Security.Users).

https://cedocs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/documatic/%25CSP.Documatic.cls

Example User Account = jhipp

Currently is Enabled

I know that we can use the auto-generated EnabledGetStored method, for example:

%SYS> w ##class(Security.Users).EnabledGetStored("jhipp")

0 4
0 374

Hi all, it's finally time for the next release of VSCode ObjectScript extension. So what's new in this release.

• Debugging support, for classes, routines and attach to a running process
  • Files in Server Explorer now can be edited

• Added more details about connection errors

• Improvements in Server Explorer build tree

• Fixed memory leak when exporting large amount of files
  • Server view can be opened in explorer as virtual file system with schema `isfs://`
  • Option to suppress popup information message about successful compile, ("objectscript.suppressCompileMessages": true)
  • Export, addCategory setting have more flexibility in naming category for exported items
  • Formatting for commands and functions, as Word, UPPER or lower
  • Some improvements in syntax highlighting
  • Some other small fixes

10 16
3 1.6K
Question
· Dec 19, 2019
%New error handling

Hi,

On a persistent class, I have defined an %OnNew method that validate some properties with appropriate status code for each kind of error.
Question is: how do you catch the specific error when %New is called on this class?

Surrounding %New method with a try-catch not seems to work.

Thanks

0 8
0 472

Hello,

I am reading in an X12 document into my production that needs to be processed and returned as a CSV file. I have created a record map to support the fields I want to extract with a batch class to store headers. I have a DTL mapping the data to the appropriate fields in the record map and am sending the record map to a EnsLib.RecordMap.Operation.BatchFileOperation.

0 2
0 784

Hello everybody,

My question would be, how is the recommended way to access Windows shares, also in view of future demads. Of course, I'm also happy about an explanation or code snippet of how the library, which is mentioned in the following , can be used under cache.

The classic jcifs library is easy to use, also with Cache, but as microsoft ceases support for smb1, we are currently looking for alternatives. jcifs-ng is such a library, which we took a closer look at. In java code a jcifs-ng file operation looks like this:

0 3
0 1.3K

Hi I am getting this message for some databases but not for others: This database is mounted as read-only due to 'Failed to access iris.lck file'! and not for others on Google Cloud community non-health edition.

For example this default database displays the message: Name IRISLIB Directory /usr/irissys/mgr/irislib/

But this default database does not: Name IRISSYS Directory /ISC/dur/mgr/

0 3
0 394

Hi Developers!

I'm pleased to announce that ObjectScript package publishing is now generally available on Open Exchange with this November 2019 release!

If you want your ObjectScript application to be published in ObjectScript Package Manager just enable "Publish in Package Manager" option:

And send the app on approving.

Once the application is approved it will be published automatically in ObjectScript Package Manager Registry and will be available for installation via ZPM client.

See the details below.

4 5
2 452

Hello!

I am taking the 'Creating an InterSystems Class Definition' course, and the Exercices asks to open a Terminal from the Management Portal to create and interact with a new object. I didn't found how to acces tot the Terminal from the Management Portal, and the documentation I have seen doesn't help me... sad

0 11
0 699

I have a case where I have an external table that lives out in MS SQL. Using Ensemble Security functions has anyone created a csp or cls page that acts like a portal to allow users to Update a multidimensional table without knowing SQL? I could clone the EnsPortal.LookupSettings but that was made for LUT which are only 2 columns.

I know its a long shot but trying to see if there was anything off the shelf that I can use to help meet the requirements of this project.

1 4
0 211
Question
· Dec 26, 2019
Performant index on date field

Is there a way to get a good performing index on a date field? I have tried various date property indexes and the query plan is always in a pretty high range. Below are query plan result values I have observed:

StartDate > '2019-12-01' --cost = 699168
StartDate = '2019-12-21' --cost 70666
StartDate between '2019-12-21' and '2019-21-28' --cost = 492058

The query plans above were for type %TimeStamp.

0 7
0 440