a.k.a.. "The World of Widgets Returns!" or "Paternity leave damages Instructional Series momentum"

In our last lesson, we combined 2 separate classes to appear as the same property. We now have the ability to Update our Widget catalog, but what if we want to Create a Widget? Thankfully, we've already done 90% of what we need, just by implementing Edits

0 0
0 859
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,804 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

My scenario is:

I have a Cache method that

call a REST -> JSON -response > INSERT/UPDATE the source table of a DeepSee Cube -> Update the Cube only for this change -

I want to view in .NET Application the changes. For that I want that this method should be executed at a defined interval.

Or maybe the solution is a Refresh button in .NET page. is there any way to access a Cache method from .NET?

Any idea how to do it?

0 1
0 375

I have a <tablePane> element with OnCreateResultSet and OnExecuteResultSet methods; autoExecute is "false" but the OnCreateResultSet and OnExecuteResultSet methods are nevertheless called on page load.

I want the user to be able to press a button to submit the parameters, then have this button call tablePane.executeQuery() to execute the query.

autoExecute is simply igonored. We're on 2014.1.3 with plans to upgrade to 2016 soon.

Are there more settings I need to set? Or is this attribute simply ignored?

0 5
0 352
Article
· Sep 6, 2017 4m read
Polling an External REST API with Ensemble

Preface

Before we begin, I'd like to mention that I am by no means an Ensemble expert, so take this with a grain of salt and please feel free to offer any suggestions for improvement. That being said, I have enjoyed working with Ensemble and wanted to share the approach I took to poll an external REST API for patient data in the hopes that it might help others with a similar goal.

2 5
0 1.5K

Hi,

I'm developing an integration between Caché servers by ODBC conection, and I have the following problem.

In this call:

call COSClass_Methode('222169^^98^155^64530^06:30^021542987897458855441112877855^1^0^281992^GC')

the ODBC driver is truncating the string to 50 characters.

If I run this same command with $system.SQL.Shell(), this doesn't occur.
I did a test creating several parameters for COSClass_Methode, and they all have a 50 character limitation.

0 4
1 1.6K
Article
· Apr 27, 2017 7m read
Level up your XDATA

XDATA is used for a whole host of ISC libraries to store things like Zen pages, BPL logic and DTL transformations.

XDATA is the equivalent of XML config files of the JAVA world and JSON config files of the JavaScript / NPM world.

Whilst Atelier looks to shift source code to the disk, XDATA will remain a key component to source control our projects config / meta data.

3 4
0 1.1K

Hi, Community!

This week we have two videos.

Please find the second Developer Community Video of the week on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Turning Accountants into Explorers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2wG17vzXTy4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 265

What are the pros and cons of developing a custom database driven routing engine vs. using the Ensemble standard routing engine. What I'm trying to accomplish with the custom routing engine is less manual intervention every time a new route is added. The con I can see with the custom engine is performance may lag behind the standard engine. My development vs. Intersystems essentially.

I appreciate feedback. Thanks!

0 3
0 409
Question
· Sep 5, 2017
Create Patient via FHIR?

Hi,

I've been trying to create a patient using FHIR, but all I seem to get back is:

{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"error","code":"invalid","details":{"text":"FHIR create interaction invalid for this end point"},"diagnostics":"FHIR create interaction invalid for this end point"}]}

I've tried a variety of requests and read operations work, but create doesn't seem to. Has anyone run into this? Any ideas? Thanks.

0 10
0 2.1K

Hi, Community!

If you do not know much about DeepSee technology, this video on is exactly for you:

DeepSee Webinar

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4P45m6LjhPE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 212

I wanted to share a little tidbit which is in the Studio documentation (http://docs.intersystems.com/cache20152/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?...) but many people who have been using the InterSystems Studio for a long time missed the addition of this *very* useful feature, and every time I mention this to an audience I see at least one face light up because of how excited they are to learn about it!

Within Studio, the Output pane (View -> Output) is actually misnamed. It is actually an Input/Output window which can be used to run Caché ObjectScript commands!

10 7
0 1.3K

Hi guys,

How do you deal with underscore characters when using jsonProvider and exporting or importing ?

for example:

USER>s jsonString="{""what"":""1"",""up"":""2"",""test_test"":""3""}"

USER>set status = ##class(%ZEN.Auxiliary.jsonProvider).%ConvertJSONToObject(jsonString,,.outputObj)

USER>w outputObj.what
USER>w outputObj.up
USER>w outputObj.test_test

W outputObj.test_test
^
<UNDEFINED> *test

we found out that we can access it like this, but not sure if it's the recommended method-

0 11
0 510

version 2016.2.1 on windows

I accidently clicked the mouse into the output window of studio (where you get the compile results etc) and typed soemthing in there (by mistake) and it came back with <SYNTAX>.

I've been playing with it further, and it's like a cut down version of terminal.

I can "s x=1" and the "w x" and sure enough, it will display "1" (ie the value of x)

when I call one of my utilities ie "d ^dev", my utility runs as expected, but when I try entering a value (my utility was waiting on a read *x) it generated a <SYNTAX> error.

0 7
0 464
Article
· Jul 31, 2017 5m read
Introduction to QEWD Micro-Services

In my previous posting about the new support in QEWD for JSON Web Token (JWT) support, I mentioned that it was a key step in enabling Micro-Service support in QEWD. In this post I'll give some background to how they work and the thinking behind them.

If you haven't heard about Micro-Services and/or want to learn more, there's lots of information available if you do a Google Search. Here's a good starting point:

https://smartbear.com/learn/api-design/what-are-microservices/

3 3
0 667

When I go through the Atelier Cheat Sheet on the connection configuration, it talks about an Eclipse master password and asks for two hints to remember the master password. However, it does not specify the master password. I can only assume the master password is the same as the Cache instance password.

Can anyone shed some light on this master password, where or how it is used, and any other useful information?

3 3
0 382

Hi

Is there anyway to catch info/warnings into an Ens.Alert when the inbound adapter is skipping previously file (of any reason)?
Or any other way to pay attention to it.

In our log it usual have Warning or Info level and it stops there. We really want to create some kind of an alert when it happends.

All suggestions welcome

Sincerly,

Michael

0 5
0 618
Question
· Aug 25, 2017
Runtime type detection

SOLVED

tl;dr how can you tell if a number is really a string

The original question has been updated/improved.

Equality comparisons on floating point numbers will produce different results...

"1.1"=1.1 //is true!

"0.1"=0.1 //is not true :(

This second comparison can be fixed with...

+"0.1"=+0.1 // is true!

0 31
0 1.1K