InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,720 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hello,

I'm using $ZF(-1) in a class method which will be invoked from a csp page.

What determines the environment of the spawned process? If I use $ZF(-1,"echo hello world > output.txt"), the resulting file is owned by cacheusr:cacheusr. However, when I use $ZF(-1,"printenv > output.txt"), the environment is from my personal unix account, no matter which Cache username I'm logged in under when running the web application.

Thanks

0 9
0 258
Announcement
· Apr 20, 2021
gj :: connect

gj :: connect is a demonstration extension that shows how to extend the Intersystems Server Manager to perform custom actions.

It makes use of the context menu contribution points to add both in-line and right click menu options.

It also demonstrates how to create a new top level folder in your workspace corresponding to the server and namespace selected in Server Manager.

2 0
1 140
Article
· Apr 20, 2021 3m read
Why gj :: locate?

You may think it isn’t too difficult to get from label+offset^routine to the actual source line responsible for the error. For an expert it isn't that hard... most of the time. But there are enough oddities and special rules that even an expert can get it wrong, whilst spending a lot of time trying to get there.

gj :: locate is the latest tool from George James Software – it debugs any error, class or routine by converting the location of an error in compiled .int code to the corresponding location in your source, and then taking you right there.

Image this scenario…

4 0
1 191
Question
· Apr 20, 2021
Change DefaultPort Ensemble

Hello,

First of all thanks for your time reading this question,

We would need some help,

The challenge is that our Ensemble does not start.

If we Launch Ensebmle we see:

When we open: C:\InterSystems\HealthShare_2\mgr\cconsole.log

We read:

0 3
0 144

I checked out a Git-Branch and want to Import all Objectscript-Objects to my localhost.

While using Import without Compilation I receive a lot of errors.

request to http://127.0.0.1:57772/api/atelier/v3/TSTCBW/doc/MusLT01LCOD.int?ignoreC... failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:57772

While using Import and Compile I receive much more of this errors.

Is there a setting, that I have to key in?

0 5
0 345

We are seeing more and more customers being lured with latest infrastructure technologies, particularly Composable Infrastructure. Coming with all sorts of data center consolidations and costs savings.

Question is: are there any concerns for HealthShare/TrakCare being run on these platforms or things to look out for? Anyone out there, already on these platforms?

To be more specific this is HPe Synergy with 480 Compute blades booting as bare metal.

Regards;

Anzelem.

0 3
0 222

Hey Developers,

You asked - we did it! We're glad to announce the next competition for InterSystems Developers! Please welcome:

🏆 InterSystems Programming Contest: Developer Tools 🏆

Submit an application that helps to develop faster, contribute more qualitative code, helps in testing, deployment, support, or monitoring of your solution with InterSystems IRIS.

Duration: March 29 - April 25, 2021

Total prize: $8,500

11 16
1 3.2K

When creating pivots in DeepSee, there is the ability to group date dimensions by Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year. For some of our reporting the Week option is desired. However the display looks like the image shown below. Notice the "YYYYW##" formatting.

Is there any ability within DeepSee to modify the display of grouped week dates? E.g. instead of 2020W14 it could be 03/30/2020-04/05-2020, or even just the start or end date, etc.

0 2
1 143
Question
· Apr 15, 2021
Return ACK from Process

Hello,

We would need some help, please

First of all thanks for your time used reading this question

Also, thanks for your patience

We need to generate an ACK in a Process and return it to the Service to reply

We have currently written a code block with:

0 4
0 411

Some changes in IRIS configuration require a restart of IRIS.
This is no big issue as long as I have access to the server command line with sufficient privileges.

In a container, this is not always given.
Stopping IRIS from the terminal/session prompt is no problem.
But the restart after is.

Note1: container start-stop is no option as it might be removed by option --rm in docker run
Note2: the target is linux (manly in docker). Windows is excluded

GitHub

9 4
0 717

When you have more than ten thousand users in your database, it becomes time-consuming and inconvenient to assign group access rights through the standard IRIS interface. In this artilce I want to introduce you an application to automate this process.

I’ll show you how to assign and change the role lists for the users, selecting them by context, and I will also show you how to expand this application’s functionality. you know how to apply your work as an administrator and developer to the new features of the well-proven apptools software complex. With the addition of an adminLTE template, you can now quickly and easily create interface interactions for any entity and many functional modules.
The goal while developing this toolkit is to write as little JavaScript as possible as well as transfer and implement all the dynamics as much as possible in the ObjectScript.

4 0
0 527

Hello everyone,

First, thanks in advance for your help :-)

I noticed that a query called directly in a method of a class of a business operation does not return the same result as if I apply the same query in the same Caché database from Squirrel !!!

I don't understand why ???

Here is the query :

0 4
0 228

Hi,

I'm trying to add a DR async member to a mirror but when I add this member I get this messages in the mirror monitor (on the DR member):

The message im talking about is the "missing Mirrored Databases report".

The only step I did was the " System Administration -> Configuration -> Mirror Settings -> Join as Async" an fill the blanks. Maybe Im skipping a step?

0 3
0 565

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video specially recorded for Developer Tools programming contest:

Deploying InterSystems IRIS docker solutions to GKE cloud in 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-8XaMxsauio
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
1 150