Question
· Apr 23, 2021
Log (Journal) shipping

I am new to Cache, we are trying to move a 4 TB database over the internet, but this will be take too long to copy the single backup file. In Oracle and MS-SQL Server there is an option of doing log shipping. Is there such an option in Cache?

I want to copy the initial backup file one weekend, then keep sending the Journals (logs) the new location.

Thank you,

Eudoro

0 5
0 248
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,818 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community,

See how the new embedded Python feature enables you to write user-defined SQL functions and stored procedures in Python:

Embedding Python in SQL: Write Your Stored Procedures in Python

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S7v4zDn0N1c
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
0 264
Question
· Apr 22, 2021
Cache code conversion tool

Hi,

I have a requirement to convert few screens having character based interface built in Cache to a web based interface in Java while still keeping Cache as the backend which means database will remain the same. Wanted to know if we have any tool in the market which can help doing that keeping in consideration that these screens in cache are using mumps code.

If we don't have any tool, would appreciate if someone shares their experience in the manual conversion as well.

0 6
0 271
Article
· Nov 23, 2020 1m read
Iris key uploader

Introduction

This is iris-key-uploader a frontend in Angular with it's rest API.

The aim of this project is to easily import key file to Iris from a web ui.

Why this project

Unfortunatly the IRIS panel to change key doesn't give the opportunity to upload the license.

Panel

As you can see, you can only browse from the server side.

What if, you don't have a direct access to it ?

6 6
0 417

Hi,

we have a EnsLib.Workflow.TaskRequest wich is been send to an operation. The Task request contains a simple object, for that we´ve extendd EnsLib.Workflow.TaskRequest and added the object as an aditional property. The request is successfully created. But how to access the contents of this object from within the user portal when showing the task.

0 2
0 120

Hi

How do I view the .int code of a compiled class in VS Code?

I am trying to use gj::Locate and the setup works, the explanation is all fine but when i paste an error from the Error Logs into the gj::locate it firstly tells me that it can't find the .cls and when I paste in the .int reference in the text box where you can specify the class, method, line+offset it replies that it can't find the item.

This is something to do with the objectscript extension rather than gj::locate

Nigel

0 3
0 383

Hi Developers!

We had a set of technology bonuses for the InterSystems IRIS Developer Tools contest.

And here is how projects collected it:

Project docker zpm Unit Testing Online Demo Code Quality Article on DC Video on YouTube Total Bonus
Nominal 2 2 2 3 2 2 3 16
Config-API 2 2 2 2 2 10
Server Manager for VSCode 2 2 4
Grafana Plugin for InterSystems 2 2 2 6
SSH for IRIS container 2 2 3 7
IntelliJ InterSystems 2 2
gj :: locate 2 2 3 7
helper-for-objectscript language extensions 2 2 2 2 3 11
IRIS REST Documentation 2 2 4
IRIS-easy ECP workbench 2 2 2 2 3 11
zpm-explorer 2 2 2 3 2 2 3 16
Git for IRIS 2 2 2 6
zapm-editor 2 2 2 6

0 9
0 210

Announcing gj :: locate. A simple extension for VS Code that will help you get to the source of your errors.

In VS Code, using either the Serenji extension or the basic InterSystems objectscript extension, this small add-on will open the appropriate class or routine and position you at the exact line where an error occurred.

No more tedious counting of lines to find <UNDEFINED>zCredit+206^Ledger.Invoice.1. Instead, with gj :: locate you can get there with just a couple of clicks.

This 20 second video tells it all:

2 2
2 227

Hello Everyone,

We are currently in process of implementing REST APIs using IRIS and we are also looking at using Intersystems API Manager.

Our aim is to implement a Microservices Architechture where Services are small in size, bounded by contexts, autonomously developed, and independently deployable.

We are following a spec first approach where we are first defining the API specs into Swagger Hub and using IRIS API Management Service to build the REST classes i.e. the Specification class, Dispatch class and Implementation Class.

0 8
0 478

Hello developers!
I present to you the project of editors in terminal mode. The full-screen editor of routines, arrays and text files in terminal mode can be useful to you when debugging your project in docker or when your web interface is unavailable or limited for some reason.
Although this project is self-sufficient, I decided to make it as an addition to the ‘zapm’ module for the convenience of calling editor commands.

If your instance does not have a ZPM, then you can install the zapm-editor module in one line:

3 4
0 208

Following instructions on this page https://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/Doc.View.cls?KEY=D2IMP_... I am trying to create a Data Connector to be used as a base class for a cube with update support.
That page suggests that putting an SQL query inside XData block is not suitable for a Data Connector that supports updates.
Later it also suggests that to enable updates your SQL query must include

0 2
0 220
Question
· Apr 12, 2021
Cache Systems Backup

Please how can I schedule a call with InterSystems admin? We have a need to back up our cache DB server in azure using recovery services vault/snapshot. We Have come up with several designs but we need expert advice from InterSystems’ s team or anybody here in the community. I have been asked to contact an InterSystems admin for support but I don't know how to schedule a meetings since they don't have teams presence with our company.

0 2
0 221

Hello,

I'm using $ZF(-1) in a class method which will be invoked from a csp page.

What determines the environment of the spawned process? If I use $ZF(-1,"echo hello world > output.txt"), the resulting file is owned by cacheusr:cacheusr. However, when I use $ZF(-1,"printenv > output.txt"), the environment is from my personal unix account, no matter which Cache username I'm logged in under when running the web application.

Thanks

0 9
0 259
Announcement
· Apr 20, 2021
gj :: connect

gj :: connect is a demonstration extension that shows how to extend the Intersystems Server Manager to perform custom actions.

It makes use of the context menu contribution points to add both in-line and right click menu options.

It also demonstrates how to create a new top level folder in your workspace corresponding to the server and namespace selected in Server Manager.

2 0
1 140
Article
· Apr 20, 2021 3m read
Why gj :: locate?

You may think it isn’t too difficult to get from label+offset^routine to the actual source line responsible for the error. For an expert it isn't that hard... most of the time. But there are enough oddities and special rules that even an expert can get it wrong, whilst spending a lot of time trying to get there.

gj :: locate is the latest tool from George James Software – it debugs any error, class or routine by converting the location of an error in compiled .int code to the corresponding location in your source, and then taking you right there.

Image this scenario…

4 0
1 192
Question
· Apr 20, 2021
Change DefaultPort Ensemble

Hello,

First of all thanks for your time reading this question,

We would need some help,

The challenge is that our Ensemble does not start.

If we Launch Ensebmle we see:

When we open: C:\InterSystems\HealthShare_2\mgr\cconsole.log

We read:

0 3
0 146