InterSystems Full Stack Contest 2022
Hello and welcome to the 21st InterSystems programming contest!
Duration: June 27 - July 17, 2022
In prizes: $10,000
💡 Full Stack Applications 💡
Develop a Full Stack solution using the InterSystems IRIS, InterSystems IRIS For Health, or IRIS Cloud Service as a backend. By full stack we mean a frontend web or mobile application which inserts, updates, or deletes data in InterSystems IRIS via REST API, Native API, ODBC/JDBC, or Embedded Python.
This time we decided to invite developers to try their skills in solving one of the global challenges. We encourage you to join this contest with solutions focused on tackling climate change issues:
1) You will receive a special bonus if your application can solve problems related to global warming and climate change.
2) There will also be another bonus if you prepare and submit to Open Exchange a dataset related to the global warming and climate change.
So! We’re looking forward to your innovative contributions for an even more sustainable world. Hone your digital skills to develop solutions for climate issues!
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
1. Experts Nomination – winners will be selected by the team of InterSystems experts:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
🌟 4-15th places - $100
2. Community winners – applications that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $1,000
🥈 2nd place - $750
🥉 3rd place - $500
✨ Global Masters badges for all winners included!
Note: If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
🛠 Application development and registration phase:
- June 27, 2022 (00:00 EST): Contest begins.
- July 10, 2022 (23:59 EST): Deadline for submissions.
✅ Voting period:
- July 11, 2022 (00:00 EST): Voting begins.
- July 17, 2022 (23:59 EST): Voting ends.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
Who Can Participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
✓ InterSystems IRIS Docker templates suitable for a Full Stack application:
- IRIS Full Stack template
- Basic InterSystems IRIS Docker template
- IRIS REST API template
- Native API template
- IntegratedML template
- IRIS Analytics template
✓ Online courses:
✓ For beginners with IRIS:
✓ For beginners with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM):
- How to Build, Test and Publish ZPM Package with REST Application for InterSystems IRIS
- Package First Development Approach with InterSystems IRIS and ZPM
✓ How to submit your app to the contest:
Join the contest channel on InterSystems' Discord server or talk with us in the comment to this post.
We can't wait to see your projects! Good luck 👍
By participating in this contest, you agree to the competition terms laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding.