Question
· May 16, 2016
Roman Number Converter

Hi,
My name is Sergio Fernandes and I'm from Brazil.
I would like to know how can i use MVBasic at Cache Terminal or .csp.
My original problem is to converter Integer Numbers to Roman Numbers and consulting cache documentation I found "Conversion Codes" at http://localhost:57772/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GVRF_basicfea...
My version is Intersystems Ensemble 2013.1.6.950.0
Thanks a lot,

Sérgio Fernandes

0 3
0 378

Hi all,

I have a dashboard which shows the growth of the months compared with the month from the last year.

The way I found to develop that, it was with a kpi. So, I overrode the %OnLoadKPI method with two mdx:

SELECT NON EMPTY [DataD].[H1].[MothYear].Members ON ROWS, [Measures].[CountVisits] ON COLUMNS FROM SubjectAtendimento %FILTER [DataD].[H1].[Year].&[2016]

SELECT NON EMPTY [DataD].[H1].[MonthYear].Members ON ROWS, [Measures].[CountVisits] ON COLUMNS FROM SubjectAtendimento %FILTER [DataD].[H1].[Year].&[2015]

1 5
0 376

Hello, our customer, large industrial company, is considering modernizing their old CSP application so it can run on multiple client device types, using responsive design.

They have a lot of experience with CSP and some ZEN.

They are new to REST and have some limited knowledge of javascript - perhaps not enough to the extent used by client framework.

Does anyone have a framework or a set of templates that you would be willing to share?

Thank you!

Dan Kutac

2 7
0 738

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to a Caché server from Atelier; the Caché server is 2015.x.

The address and port I'm trying to connect to is the SQL gateway server; and I get, each time, an "unexpected end of file from server".

Note that unfortunately, for the moment, I connect as _system... And the Caché install has the default privileges.

What am I doing wrong?

1 1
0 460

This is a bit weird. I'm trying to use `DATEDIFF()` to calculate the time since the last message on an interface. For some reason, when no messages are received, the number steadily decreases. This is the opposite of what should happen. Here is my current query and a few sequential result sets:

SELECT getDate() as now, max(TimeCreated) as latest, DATEDIFF (s,getdate(), max(TimeCreated)) as difference
FROM EnsLib_HL7.Message
0 4
0 631
Question
· Apr 20, 2016
Consistent window/tab names

When a class is opened from the Atelier explorer the full classname is used as the tab name. However classes opened from the server explorer only use the class shortname.

It would be nice to always use full classnames so it is easier to navigate open files:

1 2
0 297

Hi -

I've been trying to create a "sub packaged class" (i.e. TopPackage.SubPackage.Classname) but the current version of the "New Class Wizard" doesn't seem to allow me to do this.

If I try to specify a \project\subdirectory in the "Project" or I try to specify a Package.Subpackage form in the "Package", or I try to specify "Subpackage.Classname" in the "Class Name" they ALL fail to give me a "next" or "finish" button that works (the buttons stay greyed out)

1 4
0 398

Hi -

I'm trying to figure out what is the best (or at least pros & cons) on how to manage login accounts in a multi-tenant SaaS web based application context.

Assume that a company is designing a collections of web based applications that they will be selling as "services" to their clients, and that these clients will each have their own "users" and "customers" that will be logging into these services.

0 3
0 392
Question
· May 10, 2016
Modifying "New Class" template

Hi -

I would like to change the initial text that is generated by the New Class wizard in Atelier, but I'm not sure if I can or where to go to make the modification. I have a specific format for initial classes, and the wizard generated code isn't cutting it for me. I know it's trivial to take the generated text and just modify it, but if I could only have to do that in the wizard, that would be better.

The more generalized question is, which wizard output can be safely changed without fear of losing the change on upgrade, and where are these?

Thanks

Chip

1 6
0 385

Configuration

Cache 2016.2 running on fully patched minimal CentOS 7 install. No Firewall.

Atelier running on Centos 7 Desktop. No Firewall.

I was able to build and compile classes from Atelier.

When I try to run a routine or some class code from Atelier I get an error. It tells me to look at the Network Activities view.

When I do that I see the following:

1 7
0 640

I am trying to execute a system query. - %SYS.Journal.File_Search()

The Query is looking for a Journal File Name and a String.

However, the Query line accepts no parameters. - Query Search() As %Query(ROWSPEC = "Offset:%Integer")

But in the SearchExecute method if checks for File and String.

ClassMethod SearchExecute(ByRef qHandle As %Binary, String As %String, FileName As %String . . .
{
i $g(String)="" q $$$ERROR($$$JournalFileSearchUndefined)
i $g(FileName)="" q $$$ERROR($$$JournalFileUndefined)

1 5
0 808

I was writing a routine that called some class methods and when I typed in ##class( and the package, there was a drop down list of all the classes that match that package but when I selected one of the dropdown entries it added the package name again.

For example if I enter ##class(dim.

I am presented with a list of classes in the dim package but when I selected one of them,(dim.OccupationList), what ended up in the editor was

##class(dim.dim.OccupationList

1 1
0 383

I have a class which, in the previous instance, was able to extract metadata field names and data from a text file, and load this information into a domain. I am trying to run this in the field test instance, but it is not loading the metadata - only the field names. I am not getting an error, but the data is not loaded.

The few changes I made to the original class:

Previously, this class also ran iTables. I commented all that code out.

To create the domain, I replaced the line:

0 1
0 360
Question
· May 5, 2016
Using Snapshots in BPL

I have a scenario where I am calling a business operation which populates and returns an EnsLib.SQL.Snapshot via dynamic SQL to a Business Process. I then want to iterate over this snapshot and call a RecordMap Operation to write those records to a delimited file.

Is this the correct way to do something like this? If so, does anyone have a sample which illustrates its correct usage?

When the snapshot is returned I save it into a context variable with:

set context.Snapshot=callresponse where the pOutput variable of the operation is set to EnsLib.SQL.Snapshot.

0 1
0 624
Question
· May 4, 2016
Atelier and overriding

I'm used to using Class/Refactor/Override in Studio to override methods, properties, xData blocks, etc regularly.

I can't see how to replicate that in Atelier at the m moment. Is this possible ?

3 2
0 395

Good afternoon, I have working prototypes of each of these approaches. I do not have an expansive cache background.

I have a couple of projects where I am ingesting files from disk.

The name of the file contains a lot of the information I will need to reference the file in the future.

1 2
0 870

Hi,

I sometimes get asked if Weblink will still be available (as a downloadable ad-on these days) for some versions to come.

I realize that this is old technology now, and that there are better and faster ways to do the same things today.

Thanks

S

0 3
0 934
Question
· May 4, 2016
Bootstrap's $navbar

Hi, The ZEN Mojo Widget reference at ../csp/sys/%ZEN.Mojo.WidgetReference.bootstrap33xHomepage.cls is a great reference for viewing the different components available with each helper plugin - and it also supplies snippets of JSON code to use in your layout definitions.

I'm having problems with the Bootstrap $navbar component however. This is layout definition, with a navbar and button contained within the bar.:

0 1
0 331

I was trying to modify the REST.DocServer sample in the SAMPLE namespaces to use the new %Object and %Array system objects (Ensemble 2016.2 build 636) with the following changes:

/// This method returns a list of namespaces for this server

ClassMethod GetNamespaces() As %Status

{

#dim tSC As %Status = $$$OK

#dim tList,tNS,tFilteredList,tValue As %String

#; Get the list of namespaces

Do List^%SYS.NAMESPACE(.tList)

Set tNS="" For {

Set tNS=$Order(tList(tNS),1,tValue) If tNS="" Quit

0 4
0 549

I get NOROUTINE when I try to call a label in a routine in another namespace:

d someLabel^|”OTHERNAMESPACE”|someRoutine(inputVar,.resultByReference)

Two questions:

1. What is wrong with my syntax for calling a label in the other routine, versus just the root of the .int/mac?

2. Can I pass a parameter by reference when using extended routine reference?

0 3
0 614

Hello,

It is time for me to eat my own dog's food and start implementing unit test running with coverage :) I will be inundating IRC with questions at this point, but I have a more general question first.

In this tutorial, it is supposed that your unit tests are exported as XML first... But that's not very practical. Is there a way, instead, to run all tests from a given project without having this export?

My first thought on how to do this would be to:

1 3
0 576