Announcement
· Aug 23, 2019
New Video: Globals Quickstart

Hi Community!

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Joel Solon, InterSystems Senior Technical Trainer:

Globals Quickstart

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jJifoZq2bW0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 500

I have an OAuth 2.0 development environment where Caché is serving all three roles as the Authorization Server, Client and Resource Server based on a great 3-part series on OAuth 2.0 by @Daniel Kutac. I have a simple password grant type where an x-www-form-urlencoded body (as described in this post) is sent as a POST to the token endpoint at https://localhost:57773/oauth2/token and a response body with a HTTP Response 200 header is returned. The response body looks something like this.

2 3
0 2.5K

Hi Developers!

This is the digest of new solutions and applications submitted to InterSystems OpenExchange in July 2019!

New Applications

Metrics example published by David Underhill

A simple example of collating database and license metrics

Dynamic SQL to Dynamic Object published by David Crawford

ObjectScript function to convert any SQL query into a dynamic object

Cogs JSON Class published by Sean Connelly

Convert JSON to and from InterSystems ObjectScipt classes

Objectscript Roman Numeral Converter published by David Crawford

Converts numbers into roman numerals using ObjectScript

Random Read IO Storage Performance Tool published by Tony Pepper

Random Read IO Performance Tool for InterSystems IRIS Database

Port published by Rubens Silva

Port is a VCS-agnostic Caché Studio utility to export or import Caché files based on projects instead of namespaces

Forgery published by Rubens Silva

An auxiliary tool used to mimic requests to %CSP.REST and Frontier Router-based classes.

Log Production Queue Counts published by Robert Hanna

A simple scheduled task and persistent table for logging production queue counts.

EnsDemo Iris installer published by Guillaume Rongier

ENSDEMO port to IRIS without HL7 and DICOM examples

Anti CSRF CSP published by David Crawford

A method for mitigating anti CSRF attacks on CSP derived API calls

Frontier published by Rubens Silva

%CSP.REST on steroids. Frontier is a REST framework made with the purpose of reducing boilerplate code and imposing a clean coding style

Python Gateway Samples published by Eduard Lebedyuk

Examples of PythonGateway Usage. Python Gateway for InterSystems Data Platforms

2 0
0 149
Article
· Jul 25, 2019 1m read
Disabling an Ensemble Production

I'm not saying that this is in anyway "best practices," but I'm in a peculiar situation where I need to restrict users from starting a "retired" Ensemble Production in a namespace that's been renamed. It's still an "Ensemble-activated" namespace; we need to keep it available for Ensemble Message Viewer access ... fortunately, only for a little while.

It's a bit of a hack ...

Open the Production class in Studio and add the following classmethod:

2 6
1 426

Hi Everyone!

Please watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Sourabh Sethi in a new format called "Coding Talks":

A SOLID Design in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QjrUeCui51Q
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
1 465

Hi Everyone!

You're very welcome to watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Evgeny Shvarov in the new format called "Coding Talks":

GitHub Flow with InterSystems IRIS: Edit with VSCode, Test with Docker, Commit, Push, Pull Request

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1x0hC_MlRfg

2 0
0 474
Question
· Jan 3, 2019
iris.node not found

I followed the instructions in the documentation https://docs.intersystems.com/irislatest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls... (Install iris.node on nodejs for windows). Procedures made:

=> Copy iris.node to the location specified in the NODE_PATH environment variable: C:\Program Files\nodejs

=> I used: var irisobj = require('iris') on my js file

But is not work. Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

2 13
2 733

Hi Everyone!

You're very welcome to watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Sourabh Sethi in a new format called "Coding Talks":

Locking in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_v2ga5B0ZJk

2 3
1 426

Hi Community!

This is the update on what are the new applications submitted on OpenExchange in June 2019!

New Applications

Example Backup Task published by @Sergey Mikhailenko

Sample database backup copying task with prior deletion of outdated copies

A more useful Object Dump published by @Robert Cemper

This small helper class allows you to dump an object to terminal or
e.g in background to some stream for later review.

Samples BI published by @Evgeny Shvarov on behalf of InterSystems

This is a technology example of InterSystems Business Analytics tool with Cubes, Pivots, MDX Queries and Dashboards. The Sample is formerly known as "Holefoods "

Interjob communication Demo published by @Robert Cemper

It's internal variant of PIPE

2 2
0 190
Article
· Jul 1, 2019 2m read
Transaction suspencion

It’s often useful to make changes inside the current transaction, that would not be rolled-back if transaction is rolled-back. For example to do some logging.

This can be achieved by using global that is mapped to temporary database -- IRISTEMP. All globals that start with ^IRIS.Temp* are mapped to IRISTEMP by default. Problem with such approach is that IRISTEMP is cleaned on InterSystems IRIS restart, so this log is lost.

What else you can do is -- suspend transaction temporarily, do the logging, and then resume the same transaction.

2 8
1 501

Hello,

Can anyone please provide me with a guide I can follow to create an entry in Cache's SSL/TLS configuration that would allow me to "speak" to an website via the Post method using SSL.

I need to simulate functionality that is provided by my browser but from with Cache.

The topics I have are:

1. From where do I source the certificate that will be used for this process?

2. What processing must I do on it to make it acceptable for Cache's SSL/TLS

3. What settings are required when filling the the form

2 3
1 2.5K

When I try to open a DTL in the tabbed editor I always get this error:

You are using Internet Explorer 7. This version is obsolete and is not compatible with diagram editors. Please update Internet Explorer to a recent version.

My actual Internet Explorer is version 11.

I'm running Eclipse Photon.

Atelier IDE 1.3.141 com.intersystems.atelier.feature.group InterSystems Corporation

The same error occurred with Atelier 1.2 on Eclipse Oxygen. I've never been able to get this to work.

2 5
0 348
Hi Community! Here is a digest of the Developer Community postings in May 2019.
Most viewed

2 0
0 200

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on InterSystems YouTube Channel:

InterSystems and Python QuickStart

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HYc5wQ0uURg

2 0
1 501

PHP, from the beginning of its time, is renowned (and criticized) for supporting integration with a lot of libraries, as well as with almost all the DB existing on the market. However, for some mysterious reasons, it did not support hierarchical databases on the globals.

Globals are structures for storing hierarchical information. They are somewhat similar to key-value database with the only difference being that the key can be multi-level:

2 1
3 885

Hey Community!

The latest webinar, recorded by InterSystems Sales Engineers @Sergey Lukyanchikov and @Eduard Lebedyuk, is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube! Please welcome:

"Machine Learning Toolkit (Python, ObjectScript, Interoperability, Analytics) for InterSystems IRIS"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/z9O0F1ovBUY

2 2
1 417

Hello,

I have a very simple web service that I'd like to secure via SAML Authorization with X.509 Certificates. I am, however struggling with documentation and my lack of cryptographic skills. (I do this just for educational purposes now, but need to use it in the future)

Does anyone have an example that shows how to construct a SOAP Client with adding all necessary security headers manually or point me to a decent learning resource?

Thank you very much!

2 1
2 1.3K

Hi Community!

You're very welcome to watch a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded in a new format called "Coding Talks":

Developing with Docker and InterSystems IRIS Community Edition

https://www.youtube.com/embed/L77K9oAgexQ

2 2
2 346