Question
· Mar 17, 2023
A confusing experience

During my last migration to IRIS I met this Compatibility parameter

• NullSubscripts true
0 - Throw error when referencing a null subscript.
1 - Null subscript references do not throw an error.

The consequences are shocking. This was allowed:

2 5
0 289

Hi Community!

We’re so glad to announce that InterSystems FHIR startup incubator — Caelestinus held its first virtual Demo Day on June 29th!

16 startups have showed off their products and solutions built with InterSystems FHIR Server, or IRIS for Health or Health Connect to an audience of about 15 investors & partners.

The Demo Day is the result of a four-month journey — the equator of the incubator, in which startups have explored InterSystems tech, validated their ideas and presented it on the first Demo Day. In case you missed it, enjoy watching it on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

📣 The First Demo Day of InterSystems FHIR Startup Incubator — Caelestinus

Here is the list of presenters with pitch decks of the startups.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hBl_YvKeNIo
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

5 0
0 289

We’re now less than a month away from our annual conference, the InterSystems Global Summit. This year, we’ll be descending on the beautiful outskirts of San Antonio, a city worth visiting for its wonderful river walkway and its 18th century Spanish Mission, even if it hadn’t been the location of this year’s InterSystems event. Leaving the tourist guidance to the tourist guides, let’s take a closer look at what the conference has in stock for you, including a dedicated post-summit symposium on AI and ML on Wednesday October 3!

4 0
0 289

The %CSP.Login class is the utility class provided by InterSystems IRIS to do custom login pages. If you want to control your IRIS application authentication UI, you must extend %CSP.Login and override some methods according to your needs. This article is going to detail those methods and what you can do with them. In addition to that, you will get an explanation of the delegated authentication mechanism provided by ZAUTHENTICATE.mac routine.

5 2
4 289

Curious if anyone has modified the HL7 TCP/IP Service and adapter class to receive an HL7 message, ACK it, and just dump it straight to a file? I don't want the messages in the engine at all - just receive and dump. Has anyone done this before and have code you're willing to share?

Thank you very much in advance!

0 3
0 289

I am writing an API that sends over a very large JSON object.

The code I'm using to get the data is actually used in our production system today for the use of writing a report.

However when I call the code using the API (using SoapUI) I am getting 'Error getting response; java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out'

The web applications settings have a session timeout setting at 15 minutes, but this is timing out within just a few minutes, so I know it's not hitting this mark.

0 3
0 289

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Leveraging Containers for DevOps

https://www.youtube.com/embed/i02IfQnk5zE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 289

Greetings community. I would like to know how to migrate a BD in production to a local environment. When I have a system in production (BD Sql Server) what we do is mount a local copy to do the analysis with the data and not occupy resources of the system in production. My question is: How do you do it with Intersystems technology?

0 2
0 289

I recently published the "appmsw-docbook" module for deploying the solution not by individual programs, but by the entire database. This solution allows you to deploy a project without source codes.

Having received feedback, I decided to improve it significantly. Replaced zip archive with tgz, which will allow not using external system-dependent archivers.

7 0
1 289

The use of Source Code Control systems in development is important. And there are a few systems known in the world, like GIT, SVN (Subversion), Perforce, Mercurial. Where the most popular nowadays is the git. Using it is very useful in many cases, but mostly it depends on the code as text, which can be compared between commits, branches, or versions of releases and so on.

1 0
0 289
Article
· Mar 2, 2023 3m read
Quick sample database tutorial

Introduction

This is a simple tutorial on the quickest way I found to create a sample database for any purposes such as testing, making samples for tutorials, etc.

Creating a namespace

1. Open the terminal
  2. Write the command "D $SYSTEM.SQL.Shell()"
  3. Write "CREATE DATABASE " and the name you want for your namespace.

Now you have a new namespace in a faster way than creating it from the Management Portal - which of course offers way more configuration options.

9 5
1 289

Hello developers, I'm a newbie to Intersystems technologies and I started to work with Caché and Ensemble, and to be more specific I'm working with systems integration. In a scenario where I need to develop new software from scratch, would it be better to develop this new software using REST APIs? Does anyone have any recommendations about courses?

0 3
0 289

Hi,

I am trying to use the newly introduced adapter EnsLib.CloudStorage.InboundAdapter to pull files from azure blob container for the purpose of ECG scaling.

The ultimate goal would be- more than one services running to pull the files from a blob container and process them further. I am not sure if there would be any concurrency issue on that. So working on a poc to pull the data from server and test it out.

0 2
0 289

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Getting To Know FHIR - The Best Explanation of FHIR They've Ever Heard @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/k_9uh98LEjY

3 1
1 289

Hi Community,

We'll show you the recent changes to InterSystems HealthShare Clinical Viewer and what is coming next:

InterSystems HealthShare Clinical Viewer: New & Next

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8kZlLAJ-WBw

1 1
0 289

Is there a way for us to restrict user's ODBC permissions based on what program they're running on a client?

For example, we have some older Windows apps (.exe) that are a regular part of our software package which require the user to be able to select, insert, update, and delete. Some of our users are also using other third-party apps to connect (mostly reporting tools) but we only want them to be able to select unless we've approved the exe. Is there a way to do that?

These are not applications that were developed using CacheDirect.

0 6
0 289

Hi,

I have a test version of Cache installed on my laptop, but I cannot get logged into the database. I think my ID may be locked due to too many password failure attempts. I have not changed the Admin password or SuperUser password. Does anyone know what the default password would be for the Admin and/or SuperUser Id's? Or if someone knows how I can get in and unlock/reset my password, it would be much appreciated??

Thanks,

Larry Cardinal

Happy New Year to all

0 6
0 289
Question
· Jul 28, 2020
Enterprise Message Bank

Hello,

I work with IRIS for Health 2020.1 and I attempted to set up Enterprise Systems to populate Message Bank. I see entries in Message Bank Event Log from the defined Enterprise Systems. I can browse Messages going back before I set up Enterprise Systems using Enterprise Message Viewer. However, I find no messages in Message Bank Viewer. Do I need anything extra to archive messages?

0 5
0 288