Hey Developers!

Advent of Code 2018 is over! Thanks for participating in our small but productive COS marathon!

And now we're pleased to introduce the winners and distribute all the prizes!

Big applause goes to these winners:

Fabian Haupt (w/ repo: github.com/kazamatzuri/AoC)

Bert Sarens (w/ repo: bitbucket.org/bertsarens/aoc2018/)

Dmitry Maslennikov (w/ repo: github.com/daimor/AdventOfCode)

4 0
0 314
Article
· Dec 28, 2018 2m read
Docker-compose default network conflicts

I recently had to diagnose a networking problem I was having when attached to our corporate network. I was seeing an unknown bridge network being defined that shared the same IP address space as the company network thus blocking access to company resources. This bridge network was separate from the Docker0 bridge network which the docker engine sets up. Docker was configured with a bip (bridge ip) address to prevent docker form using an address space that create a conflict.

1 2
1 5.1K

Hi Community!

New session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

An Outlook on Scaling Out

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lyACfOWDFFg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 230
Article
· Dec 27, 2018 2m read
Use %XML.Node to walk a DOM

The following code walks a DOM using %XML.Node. It also prevents %XML.Writer to change whitespace. Run the code using the class method "test":

Class objectscript.walkDOM Extends %Persistent
{
    ClassMethod dfs(node As %XML.Node)
    {
        s entrynode=node.NodeId
        do {
        //element nodes with one whitespacetyped child are the ones we want to change
        if (node.NodeType=$$$xmlELEMENTNODE){
            s snode=node.NodeId     
            if (node.MoveToFirstChild())            
                {
                    i ('node.MoveToNextSibling()){
                        i (node.NodeType=$$$xmlWHITESPACENODE){
                            s node.NodeType=$$$xmlTEXTNODE
                            s node.NodeId=snode
                        }
                    }
            }
            s node.NodeId=snode     
        }   
        if (node.HasChildNodes()){
            d node.MoveToFirstChild()
            d ..dfs(node)
        }
        } while (node.NodeType'="" && node.MoveToNextSibling())
        s node.NodeId=entrynode

}

ClassMethod test()
    {
      set xml = "abcdefg"

s reader=##class(%XML.Reader).%New()
      do reader.OpenString(xml)  
      set writer = ##class(%XML.Writer).%New()
      //do some magic
      d ..dfs(reader.Document)

w !,"with indent=1:",!
      set writer.Indent = 1
      do writer.OutputToString()
      do writer.Document(reader.Document)
      w writer.GetXMLString()
      set writer.Indent = 0
      w !,"with indent=0:",!
      do writer.OutputToString()
      do writer.Document(reader.Document)
      w writer.GetXMLString()
    }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub: https://github.com/intersystems-community/code-snippets/blob/master/src/...

1 0
0 316
Question
· Dec 19, 2018
How to deal with Large PDF

Hi

We have a few large PDFs coming into our engine - when it goes thru the Process and hits the Data Transformation it gets cut off before it sends it outbound to the receiving system.

Whats the best way to handle large PDFs?

0 4
0 485

Hi Community!

Thank you for being with InterSystems Developer Community yet another year! We appreciate it very much!

We want to know how helpful DC for you today and how could we make it better.

Could you please go through this short 5 min survey which will let us know what do you think about DC and what could be improved.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Your InterSystems Developer Community Team

1 0
0 195

InterSystems products (IRIS, Caché, Ensemble) already include a built-in Apache web server. But the built-in server is designed for the development and administration tasks and thus has certain limitations. Though you may find some useful workarounds for these limitations, the more common approach is to deploy a full-scale web server for your production environment. This article describes how to set up Apache to work with InterSystems products and how to provide HTTPS access. We will be using Ubuntu, but the configuration process is almost the same for all Linux distributions.

7 2
9 2.4K

I am trying to use Entity Framework with Visual Studio 2017. After following the Intersystems documentation ("Using the Caché Entity Framework Provider") I still cannot see the data source in Server Explorer. Any ideas why?

1 9
1 1K
Question
· Dec 20, 2018
RemoteDatabase Creation Error

How to configure Remotedatabase into our local instance. While connecting remote database i am getting "ERROR #463: Database C:\InterSystems\HealthShare2\mgr\Remote\ is not allowed for ECP Mirror Connection". so can anyone help me to sort this out.

0 1
0 161

Hi,

I'm working on my first SQL service using the SQL inbound adaptor, and I'm having trouble.

I've been following the documentation but it errors on set req=##class(ESQL.request).%New()

Would anyone be kind enough to share a working example?

Kind regards,

Stephen

0 1
0 449

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Alexa: Connect Me with the World of IoT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZGYIdCTEqoQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 589

I've been looking at the idea of developing a Time Travel Debugger utility.

It would take a debug target and have a few options such as stack depth and disclude system code.

The debugger would either be started from an external tool, or triggered from a line of code inserted into a method that I want to record.

The debugger would execute the code from start to end and record the full stack on each step to the configured depth.

0 4
0 370

I want to test automatically that HL7 business operation works correctly in error conditions. One is to test CE acknowledgement. I have planned to implement test production which includes business services for different situations (AA, AE, CA, CE, timeout, late response etc).

How should I implement HL7 business service that always returns CE (commit error)? I have tried but it keeps returning "AA".

1 2
0 327

A very simple SQL

SELECT field1 F1, count(field2) CntF2
FROM GCT.PA_Data
where field1 is not null
group by field1

gives an error back:

[SQLCODE: <-461>:<Communication link failure>]

[%msg: <Connection 'TRAKCARELIVE': Execute: SQLState: (HY000) NativeError: [10053] Message: [Cache ODBC][State : HY000][Native Code 10053] [c:\intersystems\ensemble\bin\cache.exe] Software caused connection abort> ]

0 6
0 463

In Persistent class, a data global is created which holds the data similar to the table created . Through terminal we can add more records to this table according to the structure of the table. How are the records reflected back into the table which has been set at global . In other words How are the global mapped to the SQL table?

0 2
0 560

This article was written as an attempt to share the experience of installing the InterSystems Caché DBMS for production environment.
We all know that the development configuration of a DBMS is very different from real-life conditions.
As a rule, development is carried out in “hothouse conditions” with a bare minimum of security measures, but when we publish our project online, we must ensure its reliable and uninterrupted operation in a very aggressive environment.

7 2
5 1.6K